deviantART v7 beta 2

Greetings again, beta crew. :salute:

Big heap major thanks for all the feedback so far on deviantART v7! :heart:

Now, ready for something new and neato in v7-land? :excited:

deviantART v7 Beta 2
8-) All-new deviation page layout
8-) Much-larger zoomed-out view
8-) Use left+right arrow keys to browse through deviations!
8-) New-look comment box, which always displays without the need to scroll
:spotlight-left: Try out v7 Beta 2 now :spotlight-right:

*blink* What is this?
:bulletblue: We’ve been working on a new-look deviation page for v7 for a while now - so here it is! It’s designed to load fast and make smart use of the screen to show deviations as big as possible without pushing things like the comment box out of the way.

(it took a while to get right!)

Hope you like it. :)

Bugs
:bug: Please shout if you spot any! <3 Some bugs might appear even outside of the deviation page too. Stay bug-eyed. :eyes:

Some notes
:bulletred: To turn it all back off, click "Exit v7" on the main profile menu. Once you go to beta 2, there isn’t a way to switch back to beta 1 (sorry!) - but beta 2 is much better anyway. ;)

Have fun again!

That link again: :spotlight-left: [exciting link] :spotlight-right:

:salute:
Comments2342
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Love the browsing through deviations using the arrow keys, just like turning pages. Great improvement.
It was so naggy to have to leave the gallery open and go on opening tabs with the deviations we wanted to view.
First of all, v7 looks great. A lot of sensible changes, particularly in regards mobile platforms. Way more streamlined, no complaints here.

Couldn't find an appropriate place to put this, so I'll just say it here- I think the birthdays thing is a really bad idea, for the same reason there isn't an IM capability on the site, its about the art. The birthday feature in no way helps the appreciation of art or the artists, only the creepy over-informed stalkability that stinks of facebook.

The sticky menus are a great idea, but I as of yet haven't been able to get rid of the birthdays stack. I just might be going about it wrong.
:bulletblue: Is it just me or did I not see any difference in the deviation page layouts? :O_o:
:bulletblue: The larger zoomed-out view kind of bugs me, but it's something I'll grow accustom too. :shrug:
:bulletblue: I like being able to use the left and right arrow keys, it's a great feature when trying to go through a stock gallery. :D
:bulletblue: Am I'm still having to scroll... :p

I'm working with Firefox. Anyone else think I'm just getting glitches?
Ok, so far, I'm liking the new category system for the submission process. It's much simpler, and leaves some things wide open, rather than having some artists not being able to find the correct place for their work. My problem I always had was that I figured my work was some style of fantasy, but under the old fantasy category, there were only a few choices and my work never fit into any of them. Now the category ends at " fantasy " leaving it open to any kind of work.

However, I'm still waiting to see the changes to the deviation pages that HQ wrote about. They said something about fixing the problem with the initial image being too small. I can't see a change there, but I'm thinking maybe I'm supposed to be taking another step that I can't figure out.
I can't see the birthday notification. :O Do I have to enable it?
Nevermind, I added $chix0r and now I can see it.:O
whoa!!! when did u guys add the b-day notification?

it's neato!!! :D
Not sure it's related, but I just had a double post for the first time in my months on DA and it was after activating Beta 2
Mine at random points when I look at a deviants work will repeat the artists description and comments twice.
Though I do enjoy v7 I have gotten used to it and enjoy it, its just those few niggles.
Though I can't tell if it is my internet or da itself.
Hmm... when I hit the 'give' button, the person's badges [or at least the llama badge] disappears... :?
Yup - It's all their badges. :nod:
I like this :aww: works perfectly fine in google chrome but takes a while to work with safari 5, had to refresh the page as it got stuck a couple of times but then that might just be me :giggle:
i use google chrome and its working great for me :) i like it ;)
I donno if this is a real bug or if it's just me, but when I want to choose if a critique is fair or unfair it will be in the comments and as soon as I putthe mouse over it the button moves to the top and then if I try and put my mouse on it again it goes to the comments again. It seems pretty buggie to me, if I could have some help?
Problem with super browse in inventory + Delete from messages, sorted by date (Newest first)
Deleting messages from the super bowse works fine until a new deviation appears in the inbox. When a new image appears, the next time I delete a message I am kicked back to the last one I didnt delete. From then, if I go forward to the one that I would have been looking at if the new image hadnt appeared, and delete it, I am pushed back to the last one I passed over. After realizing what had happened and clicking Show All to get back to my inbox, when I delete an image from there I get pulled to the page of the image behind the last one I didnt delete.
I have found a way around this by going to a different page, like my profile, then going back to my deviation inbox
An artist by the name of insignifigant artist is having trouble with thier Deivant pages and Deviantart in general. I'm not sure if it is a version problem or what, but here's the link listing in a journal her problems. Maybe you can assist..... [link] thanks. :)
So... is this still in the Beta Testing stage? :? I clicked to turn it on, but no option to exit appeared, and nothing seemed to change, so I figured I missed it... ^^; Sorry all! :dummy:
Deviations are very pixelated when they're trying to load. Plus it seems to take forever for the images to clear up and load properly, no matter what computer I'm on, so I'm sure it's v7
the way you have to open the thing to logon its annoying.. but mainly the tick box that allows you to logon to many devices can you make its so its unticked... every fricken time i have to untick it and its a bitch especially on a small lappy..
I like DA v7 beta 2 but ever since it was released, there were so many bugs. My group icon never works, even though I contacted the help desk about it. When people give me llamas, it shows it in doubles. (It shows one person giving me two llamas), other than that it is fine. :)
Just a few things that I don't like about any part of v7 and feel that something should be done about it:

You can't submit a news article without going onto the news page.

I think the artist comments just need to be opened up always. You have stated to "fix it" when you scrolled down but some deviations don't need scrolling so they just don't open up at all. I think that the artist comments should always be open because even with the "more" button, some of the comments break at exactly the right time so that you don't realize that there is more to go on. It nearly defeats the Link System.
I'm still fiddling with it but I found a bug :I

I was viewing a few deviations and I couldn't find the artist's comment box, it had the "Add comment" and other comments left previously and then another "Add comment" box but after that, it had the actual artist's comment and then repeated. I refreshed it but still had the same problem, again with some other pages.

And maybe with the "More" under artist comments, it should be optional, people barely ever read it at all so it will get even less attention when it's cut off. I understand why it's there though, but maybe it shouldn't crop the writing so far up, it's hard to read one sentence :/

But other than the glitch and artist comment, dA V7 ROCKS. It's organised and I can easily access my messages, and submit things :heart:
I don't know why this is, but all of the sudden I can't use the arrow buttons on the sides of my screen to navigate the deviations that are in my inbox. That was something I GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Along with the "Remove from Messages" button when viewing those deviations. I LOVED that option!! Not sure what's going on, but I'd like that back. I got used to it VERY quickly and now miss it really bad :(
Both the ability to move from one deviation in my message center to another by using the side arrows and the button to remove the deviations from my message center without having to go BACK to the message center and repeat over and over with all 50 of the deviations I just got in the last hour. ...

Thanks!

dn
So, this bug has had me post a few things aout missing features, then go back and find it is working again, making me feel bad for posting about it.
I have recently realized that some features randomly tunr themselves off, then re-appear, then turn off agian. The feature in question (this time) is the "delete this deviation from messages" thing you can see when you click on a artwork in your inbox. I have no idea if it is just me, or if other people are having problems with this too.

Oh, and can we bring back the full view feature that allows us to fullview an image that is wider than our screen simply by clicking on the image? Some images are meant to be larger than the screen