Details

Closed to new replies
September 2, 2006
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Hero of Allacrost, non-profit 2D RPG (screenshots, artwork inside)

:iconrootslinux:
RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2006
[link]

Hi, I'm Tyler. I'm the lead designer for a 2D role-playing game called [url=[link] of Allacrost[/url]. Our project is about two years old and we've come a long way, but we need some additional help in our art department. The game is heavily influenced by Final Fanatsy VI and Chrono Trigger, two great RPGs from the SNES era. We are developing the game as a hobby and are giving it away for free once it is ready (a demo is very close to getting out the door), so we can't offer you any financial compensation, but your name would be in the credits and its a lot of fun working on the game because there's no pressure to make a profit or satisfy a publisher. :) The game will be available on Windows, OS X, and Linux, and already runs on all three platforms.

Below are several samples of our own artwork and some recent screenshots.

Map artwork

Tilesets
[img][link] [img][link]

Sprite Sheets
[img][link] [img][link]

Face Portraits
[img][link] [img][link] [img][link] [img][link]

Inventory Icons
[img][link]

Full Portrait
[img][link]

Battle artwork

Original sprite designs
[img][link] [img][link] [img][link] [img][link] [img][link] [img][link]

More sprites
[img][link]
[img][link]
[img][link]
[img][link]

Character portaits
[img][link]

Scene Artwork

Still Portrait Scenes
[img][link]
[img][link]

Location Graphics
[img][link]

Screenshots

The game's main menu
[img][link]

Map exploration
[img][link]

Map dialogue
[img][link]

Battle interface
[img][link]

Character management
[img][link]

Head on over to our website at [link] for more information about the game.

Right now, the major artwork tasks that we need the most help on include:

- More animations for our character battle sprites (we only have an "idle" animation)
- A tileset for the desert town of Harrvah (we have a great start, but need a lot more work)
- Various map sprites to populate the town

If you're interested in helping us out, even if only a little bit, please fill out this [url=[link] form[/url] and tell us a little bit about yourself. We have only a handful of artists right now so we would really appreciate anyone who is willing to help out in their spare time.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2006
I'm giving this thread one final bump in hopes that we get some artists interested enough to apply. Please head over to [link] on our website if you're interested in working together with us. Thanks!
:iconalenacat:
alenacat Featured By Owner Sep 11, 2006   Filmographer
I work on this game, it is excellent especially if you might want to work in the games industry, or just hone your skills.
The staff are very well-balanced people, not like the usual power hungry "make my game" projects you see around.
RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 9, 2006
We're still looking for artists! We can't keep development on this game moving forward if the artwork continues to lag us behind as it traditionally has. If you know someone who might be interested in helping us, please refer them to this thread or our website. Thanks!
RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 4, 2006
Thanks for the compliment. :) I'll have to keep bumping this post until I get at least one artist from here on our team. ;)
:iconclepweb:
clepweb Featured By Owner Sep 4, 2006
Congrats on getting so far already, I think the quality of the art and game is far better than other freeware games around at the moment.
RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 3, 2006
*bump*^2
RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 3, 2006
*bump*

By the way, if you have any questions or comments about the existing work, feel free to post them in this thread.
RootsLINUX Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2006
Sorry about the above post. I haven't posted to DA in a long time and I forgot that the forums are very...different here. I can't find anything that allows me to edit the post, so here are all the links one more time. :)

Logo: [link]
Application form: [link]

Map Artwork

Tilesets
[link]
[link]

Sprite Sheets
[link]
[link]

Face Portraits
[link]
[link]