Looking for an artist to partner with for card based boardgame

Looking for an artist that would be interested in developing artwork for a card based game that would feature a fully functional dnd light experience with cards.

I am looking for fantasy-based artists that can create artwork for the cards. The Design is something I can help with. I am thinking the theme could be fantasy/dark/horror/or fantasy with a tinge of sexual content.

Without a dedicated artist, I cannot do this alone. The idea is to work closely together to come up with concept and card examples as well as a kickstarter to help in the creation and fund the project initially.
**This is not a paid job. It is a partner that would share in the wealth after kickstarter and on. I plan on dedicating my time to this project so I will need a time investment from others to make this successful**

To help with understanding the base concept:
- There will be classes. Each class will be in a seperate box. The classes will have their own decks, mechanics, abilities, etc. The classes are a huge part as new characters can easily be added in the future as a modular addition.
- There will be a deck of enemies/monsters in which you and you party would fight
- There will be a journey deck that will be used between battles
- There will be a boss deck and even unique bosses whereby they come with their own seperate decks

This sounds like alot, I know. But I do not see any design remotely like this in board games. I feel like this is an opportunity and I feel like I have more than enough knowledge to develop this game. As a partner, you may want to be more involved other than just art and that would be more than welcome. Designing your own characters/bosses/etc mechanically or even with core mechanics would be fine.

Please let me know if you are interested and a few pieces of art you may have made already that you feel would fit this boardgame concept.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Im interested
But not expert
;) Screenshot 20200710-171617 Instagram by Hipmlee257   SmartSelect 20190405-182742 MediBang Paint by Hipmlee257  
Tq
If I may, I saw a thank you post on this forum a couple of days ago thanking a group of artists for their help in contributing to a similar project (I believe it was a trading card game about cryptids. It looks as though they were successful and even passed their kickstarter goal, so their project is actually taking off (very impressive).

They put out a call to many artists to make contributions, and it looks like the community answered the call (probably with some small form of compensation and a credit in the game, as opposed to a royalty, which would end up costing a lot more).

A game of this scale would require hundreds if not thousands of hours of work for one artist to create quality and thematically appropriate art, and to do so unpaid... well, nobody is going to step up and take on that burden. I recommend looking for the fellow who posted that other project and reaching out to them for advice, they might be able to share a lot of insights with you.

In any regard, I wish you the very best of luck - I am interested in projects like these and like to see them succeed.

edit: forum.deviantart.com/community… I found the forum for you - the account holder is “MetazooGames”
Wow, thanks for the help and direction! I will reach out to him and see if I can get more insights, thanks!

My pleasure!! Good luck to you :) I’ll pay attention too!