Looking for creative minds to design/ create a crest.

~~~~~~~~~~~ $10 incentive for an idea (even a rough one) that speaks out to us! (paypal or e-transfer only)
~~~~~~~~~~~$25 to an artist that will 'finish' the idea ~ blending, merging, details, final touches and the like (is this acceptable?)

We are looking to make, what I can best describe as an unofficial family crest. However, it does not need to be in "crest" format (shield with specific symbols/colors), but is similar in the sense that it is not a scenic drawing, it's more of a stamp, if that makes sense..? We are looking for something that combines our personal/ethnic backgrounds and likes. Size, shape and color (for the most part) are not of much importance.

What we would like to have a blending/merging of these "sides" but not limited to, and not necessarily all of:

His
***Lotus flower (important) ~I always pictured in my mind as this being the 'background' but it's difficult for me to see it another way as my artistic vision has dwindled since the days I use to draw.
***Blades ~specifically cutlass, sword, or dagger. 
*wolverine ~the animal, not Hugh Jackman
*jaguar ~not to be included if wolverine is used (wolverine preferred, but how do you work with that??)
*coconut tree

***something showing/representing light and dark ~ vague, I know, requested because as a couple one of us is extremely pale and the other is very dark. White / Black wolves would have been an amazing thought if they weren't so cliche, haha.

Hers
***Blue rose (important) ~whether by itself or "attached" to something (arrow/sword handle)? or as an outline/border?
*arrow(s)
*white cat 

If this post is editable after it's posted I may add a few other things that represent each side to work with but it is late and I am not able to brainstorm at the moment.

P.S. I have no idea if this is the place to ask about this but I've remember seeing so many amazing and wonderful creations that were tagged with DeviantArt during my highschool days and this was the first site that came to my mind above any other. This may not be what DeviantArt is intended for but I decided I'd shoot for it anyways!

Here's hoping <3

I have a rough draft of something I made with pics taken off google, but I hate it because it doesn't speak to me. Posted a link in comments but not sure how it make it show up as an image and not a link? Not sure if link is working, been ages since I've used photobucket either and now it's not showing >.<
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Mrs-Durden would it be possible to have this moved to a more appropriate section?
Just going to say, as an artist myself, you aren't likely to get anyone jumping to do such a highly specific design for free. Even in projects. You should consider looking for artists/designs you like and commissioning said artist.
in case you ever read these comments, how much would be an appropriate cost for something like this? :)
That's going to vary from artist to artist. The more experienced the artist and higher quality the art work, the more you can expect to pay (and that can end up being a lot!). I couldn't tell you an 'appropriate cost' because I don't set other artists' prices and that's going to be up to them. I also don't know what kind of detail and quality you're looking for either. If you want something with high detail and quality, I wouldn't expect to be paying anything less than 50+ dollars per design though.
Thank you so much! This is all very helpful  :) Never really realized how much of a 'for profit' site this could be, still hope it won't hinder us too much 
If anything, this site tends to lowball its prices severely when it shouldn't. It's not just this site. It's all artists. Artists all deserve to be comped for their work. Remember, us artists spend years and years learning and honing our craft just like any other profession. I'm glad I can help!
I never even took that into consideration ~ I wasn't (and still am not) fully sure with how DeviantArt works. I will add an incentive if able to find something. How would I search for artists? Just going through forums and looking for art styles I prefer? For now it's just difficult because we are trying to format a layout first before choosing an artstyle to finish the piece off with.

~doesn't look like I'm able to change the title to my thread but I will add it to the start of my post :)
Financial compensation is very important to offer for important jobs like designing a crest because that kind of job can take hours for one alone, and if you want one that looks how you want, that artist is going to have to put many more towards it. Thumbnails and Job Offers aren't too bad of places to start looking for artists since you can find a wide variety of artists on those sub-forums who actively post examples of their artwork. If you do plan on paying the artist (and you really should for the time we take on our work) you could ask a mod to move this thread to the appropriate sub forum. 
Could I ask how to contact a mod for this forum?
: devMrs-Durden : Just remove the spaces and you can call one of the mods.