Details

Closed to new replies
March 10, 2015
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Iorneste - a dragon story - Calling all artists!

:icondigira:
digira Featured By Owner Edited Mar 10, 2015
Hello deviants!

I'm currently writing a book in blog form at www.iorneste.com - releasing updates to the story week by week.  It's going to be a community project, with fans contributing advice, story ideas, and basically having a front row seat to the entire creative process of writing a novel.

I do, however, have one major problem:  I don't draw very well.

What I'd like to do is feature some artists on the site, people who might like the story and get inspired by the characters or setting, and want to contribute some really killer artwork to the cause.

I would not own your art for any other purpose than for displaying on that site. If you check it out, you can already see how much attention is given to the featured images for a post, both within the post itself, but also in the navigation.

In the future, if there is a book to be made and I wanted to use your artwork, I'd be happy to compensate you for it.  And again, I would not, under any circumstances, use it outside of iorneste.com without your permission.

I just have a big appreciation for visual artists, and I think your help could really bring the site to life.

Feel free to check out the site, read the first chapter, comment on it, and let me know what you think.  But even better, if you think you'd like to join up just to get some inspiration and draw something cool for fun (that you could later sell for profit on your own, I don't care, so long as I have the right to use it on the site) then hey--I'm your guy.

If I get enough submissions over time, I suspect I'll have to create a full gallery to feature all of the artists contributing to the project, but one baby step at a time.

First I need artists. I need people who like dragons, fantasy, and who are willing to support me visually to tell my story verbally.

I am new to the game of soliciting art for a project, so if there's any questions anyone has about this, or would like me to clarify further, please let me know.

Thanks!

Devious Comments

digira Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2015
Still need some art for Chapter 4! Please contact me if anyone is interested.
:iconserythe:
Serythe Featured By Owner Edited Mar 20, 2015  Hobbyist General Artist
Story looks great so far! I'm sure you can find some awesome artists for your chapter covers.
digira Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2015
Thanks! I believe I've come to the right place. :)
digira Featured By Owner Edited Mar 20, 2015
Chapter Three has been posted and is ready for reading. :)

Thanks to PuNK-A-CaT for the excellent illustration.
digira Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2015
Second chapter released on the site. I may actually retroactively update the image for this chapter based on some work in progress, but there is still room for further contributions :)
:iconpunk-a-cat:
PuNK-A-CaT Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2015  Professional Traditional Artist
Oh brilliant.. I'm loving this story, so original :D
digira Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2015
So glad to hear that :)
PuNK-A-CaT Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2015  Professional Traditional Artist
Yorn-and-Mourne by PuNK-A-CaT

Didn't turn out quite as well as I hoped sorry.
digira Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2015
You did fine. Considering all of the other assignments you have been working on, I'm so glad you had time to spend on this and finish in time for the next chapter.

I am very pleased.
PuNK-A-CaT Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2015  Professional Traditional Artist
:D
digira Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2015
Just a note, I've pretty much completed the second chapter. I haven't posted it yet, but I'd be happy to use someone's artwork in that space.
:iconharlequin-werewolf:
Harlequin-Werewolf Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2015  Hobbyist General Artist
That was a very interesting read, definitely something more original than I had expected :P I would love to do some art for you, it would probably be sketches or watercolour work but my art is nothing to shout about. :/
digira Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2015
The more the merrier. :)
:iconxx-pk-gaming-xx:
xX-PK-Gaming-Xx Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2015  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Woah, that's a really cool story. I might contribute a sketch or something if you accept traditional art. 
digira Featured By Owner Mar 12, 2015
Absolutely! Please do. :)
PuNK-A-CaT Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2015  Professional Traditional Artist
Wow,
I /love/ the story, the idea is amazing! My art isn't that brilliant, but I'd be more than happy to have a go at doing some, I'm working hard on improving enough to be publishable :D
digira Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2015
I tried to reply more in depth, but apparently the system thinks my comment is spam? Anyway: So glad to hear it, both that you like the story, and you want to contribute!

Really excited to see what you come up with.
Add a Comment: