Closed to new replies
December 27, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Making A Photography Book (publishing)

:iconjesshavok:
JessHavok Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2013  Professional Digital Artist

So I'm self publishing a photography gallery style art book, and I need 5 photographers to feature, willing to contribute 25 of their best works. 25 seems like a lot but with all the phographers including myself, it will make the book have 150 images, not mentioning the index, covers, and mini bio pages I would also like to include for each person.

Now this is not really making me any money, so I'm not paying people to contribute, I am merely asking them too. Reasons why doing so would be a good idea are:

Its a great resume piece (since your work will be published).

You will be given a digital PDF copy by me.

You can buy a printed copy off CreateSpace.

You will still own your images (your only giving me permission to use them for this project).

Also I've created formatted and published several other books such as this one: www.createspace.com/4294781so I know what I'm doing it, and will be professional and something you can be proud of.

If your interested post here (or message me) with a couple thumbnails of your work. I want to keep it PG so please no nudes, other than that the subjects you go with are -completely- up to you. The only requirement for the five photographers I select are:

25 photos (sets acceptable).

Photography only.

High Resolution images.

Titles of the images.

Short third person biography (no longer than 150 words - you can add links to your website/deviantART).

Optional: Photo of yourself (to go above your bio). 

-My deadline is to have everything finished late January, no later than mid February.

Devious Comments

JessHavok Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2014  Professional Digital Artist

A hug thank you to the community once again! The book is now finished! Everyone who missed out on this project can now check out the book here: www.createspace.com/4630081

Also I have a journal here featuring the photographers I ended up selecting for the project here: jesshavok.deviantart.com/journ…

I will be doing another book publishing project in late March (perhaps sooner if I get the time) for traditional, and digital artist! This time it will only be a 1, 2 or 4 page feature per artist, so we can get more people in on the project, 100 perhaps. -But for now, check out Photographer Synthesis, and the photographers featured in it! :)

JessHavok Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2014  Professional Digital Artist

My last photographer has not sent me his entry, and I messaged him more than two weeks ago. So I am opening up a single slot once more, if anyone is interested in filling the last spot please message me ASAP! :)

The rest of the book is finished, outside of this one section and the cover.

JessHavok Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
All slots have been filled, sorry to those who where not selected. I had a pretty large inventory of photographers both whom submitted and a couple I personally invited, so not everyone unfortunately could make the one. But considering how fast the project was jumped on, I will more than likely do a section edition of this book with other photographers, as well as one for artist in the next couple of months. -I will post a tread on the topic when this book is complete so everyone can take a look. Thanks to EVERYONE who submitted!
:iconzadesumagu:
zadesumagu Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
M.J. Russell is a Hobbyist Photographer and graphic disigner. He lives in Canada Ontario. His dream is to goto OCAD Univeristy and to make art for the rest
of his life. You can find more of his art at: zadesumagu.deviantart.com

1. Frozen in Place- Frozen in Place by zadesumagu
2. Fanged Wonder- Fanged Wonder by zadesumagu
3. Meadows of heaven- Meadows of heaven by zadesumagu
4. Bubbles and Spikes- Bubbles and Spikes by zadesumagu
5. The Frozen Orb- The Frozen Orb by zadesumagu
6. Winter Wonderland- Winter Wonderland by zadesumagu
7. Trapped in diamonds- Trapped in diamonds by zadesumagu
8. Gemstone Tears- Gemstone Tears by zadesumagu
9. Crowned with ice- Crowned with ice by zadesumagu
10. A sealed Wound- A Sealed wound by zadesumagu
11. Frozen Tears- Frozen Tears by zadesumagu
12. Gripped in ice- Gripped in Ice by zadesumagu
13. Imprisoned Offshoot- Imprisoned Offshoot by zadesumagu
14. Encased in Crystal- Encased in Crystal by zadesumagu
15. Frozen Tendrils- Frozen Tendrils by zadesumagu
16. Frozen Vibrance- Frozen vibrance by zadesumagu
17. Death by Ice- Death by Ice by zadesumagu
18. Crushed Bloom- Crushed Bloom by zadesumagu
19. Oppposing Fusion- Opposing Fusion by zadesumagu
20. Reaching Through- Reaching Through by zadesumagu
21. Reaching from the thorns-Reaching from the thorns by zadesumagu
22. Glazed with tears- Glazed with tears by zadesumagu
23. Flashes of Vibrance- Flashes of Vibrance by zadesumagu
24. Flowers of Color-  Flowers of color by zadesumagu
25. Forever Alone- Forever Alone by zadesumagu
:iconulfus:
ulfus Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Very nice
:iconzadesumagu:
zadesumagu Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thank you

Hi M.J. thanks for your submission! I wrote this to someone else a little earlier, so I thought I'd post it here too: I've gotten several submissions already, but I have not selected anyone yet, so I'm not giving a definite yes, until I get the chance to look everything over in the next couple days. I will let everyone who contacted me know then.

-To everyone, in the meantime don't feel discouraged and feel free to keep turning in submissions! I've decided to get another artist to assist me in selecting the top five submissions. We've got a little jury system going on right now. :)

Note for those who want in, -everyone- will be featured on the books cover with one image each, out of the 25 from your gallery (which you select to submit). Which image is used of the 25 for the cover, however will be left to me, since I want it to flow and complement everyone equally. :)
Add a Comment: