CSS reset project

For a project of mine I want web designers and developers to give me their opinion on CSS resets. I want to create the worlds best CSS reset and then share it with everyone.

Here's a few questions I'd like for you to answer.

Do you use CSS resets?

Do you create your own or do you copy one from big names like Eric Meyer or Yahoo?

Do you add things to your CSS reset that no one else would? If so, what?

Any help is much appreciated.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I only reset the CSS i use and not everything, each design will have different requirements so i code purely based on the design ahead. This is probably the smart thing to do. There is no need to reset things you don't plan to use, as long as you know the project requirements then this becomes second nature on what is required.
I love the idea of keeping it simple, but there's gonna be moments when you just can't. When building a theme for a CMS, you're at the mercy of the end-user. When working together with others, you won be certain what your co-workers might add. That said, for small personal projects, it's fine.
I work purely with CMS and clients and i haven't once run into a problem. Just standardize the code you use to a common pattern, have plenty of structure and honestly won't run into any problems. Each CMS has different requirements and in those cases, those are the only things you need to keep an eye on.

If you're providing a theme for a CMS, mostly all clients reuse the code provided or modify it with their own. In such cases they tend to enter the values they need, over-writing any "default" css not reset anyway. CSS resets are a very small part of the project usually, as long as you have standardize code and a good structure you won't run into any complications. :)
I haven't received many responses yet. Maybe some of you will join in after I answer these questions myself.

I've used CSS resets before. Still use them.

I started out with a simple one: * {margin: 0; padding: 0;}
But using this specific reset means having your browser calculate 0 margin and padding for every element, meaning your browser will take longer to load the styles (At least that's what I heard).

I have been toying with Eric Meyer's reset, but I don't like the fact he resets font sizes to the same size. Also, I'm not really in favor of using the HTML5 version of his reset, because I usually use XHTML.

So that's how I use CSS resets. I'm still curious about others, so join the conversation!
Yeah, I know there's a lot of them ready made, but I want to hear what people think of them.
wat doet CSS uberhaupt XD
English only on forums.

CSS provides styling to HTML documents. It's what makes websites look pretty.
ah XD
guess that says enough about me using it ;p
I start with Eric Meyer 's reset and then edit it according to what I need.
Is there anything you'd change from Eric Meyer's reset right of the bat? I'd like to see what your editted version looks like.