GRAPHIC DESIGNERS/ ILLUSTRATORS WANTED (huge charity project)

Hello Deviant art

I'm looking for an graphic designer/illustrator to help on a worldwide charity project. I have a condition, like a lot of people called M.E/ C.F.S, Its a debilitating disease and has no cure, or even treatment to help with the symptoms. Vital funding is needed to help research into these area's, and I'm starting a sponsorship BIG read project, here people will be sponsored to read as much as they can over a time period. People with m.e can't do big races, or long walks, but what we can do is enjoy the little things, and that means reading.

I'm asking for graphics/ images for the blog/ website, and promotional information like handouts, badgers, sponsorship forms. logo's and recongisable linked material.

Thank you to everyone who reads this plee, and a bigger thank you to anyone who gets involved. also ask me about becoming someone to sponsor, the more the merrier!

STYLE KEY WORDS Whimsical, enchanted, water colour, English, old, illustrative, story telling, Books, Fiction, Fun.
Styles examples
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
[link]
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi! I'm interessed on help you with maybe some illustrations, but can you tell me what do you expect ecactly? sorry, I didn't understand all of your text, I'm french :). Feel free to ask me anything, Peace. Mos.
thank you so much for the interest, but i've found a graphic designer who'd like to help.

thank you sooo much x

please drop by the blog/twitter or facebook and like us. every click matters!
[link]
Ok, feeel freee to ask me help if you need !
well let's "share Likes" here is my Fb page ;) [link]

Peace.
Send me an exact idea of what you're after, I'll get back to you asap with some initial ideas. If you like them we'll take it from there.

Kind Regards

SToad
thank you so much for the interest, but i've found a graphic designer who'd like to help.

thank you sooo much x

please drop by the blog/twitter or facebook and like us. every click matters!
[link]
Glad you found someone. I've just liked your FB page through mine (STOCK DESIGN).

Let me know if I can help in the future

SToad
Hi, I have to agree with what :iconjakewyatt: is saying. I'm happy to help out once the project is a little less vague and has more of a direction and planning to it. All the best!
sorry this is a bit cut and paste answer but its about right i think hello, thank you so much for getting back to me.

i've been in talks with a few people of the boards of the charity i'm working with and we have a clearer picture of what we need.

i think one strong image, that could be edited to fit smaller needs would do it. something with the name

Read With M.E

a book, or piles of books, something bright but not overly childlike. something containing characters like fictional characters coming out of a book, or hovering over the shoulder of a central reader.

the basic image should be rectangle, and be able to fit the banner for a blog and facebook page, and be clear enough to be printed on the top of a sponsorship page.

i'm handy with graphic design, so i'd be able to edit the image to fit other uses if i had something large enough to work with in the first place.

an home made, illustrative style should be used because reading is about entering other worlds, and having adventures, creatures, and lover affairs, and mystery. people with my condition get enough doom and gloom, so it should be cheerful and light.

so size wise, an A4 landscape image, with the words on a different layer so i can edit the image separately.

key words are drawn, books, tales, stories, characters, water colour, illustration, whimsy. light and fun but not block colours.

thank you again for your help, you've given me so much more togo on, and also a way of planning what i need down.

amy x
I would love to help, but already have a lot on my plate. I will see if anyone I know would be able to help.
thank you, thats very kind of you
I'm always happy to help folks out, but I'm not sure what you're asking for. What, specifically, do you want these graphics/images to depict? How will they be used? Sizes, content, etc.

I can see a lot of people have been asking the same questions. I've been involved with a few collaborative art projects, both as a director and a participant, and this is my advice: people respond to specificity. Make it easy for people to understand what you need and help you out.

Plan out the site. Get a domain name. Know what images you need, at what sizes, and where. Maybe even post a mock-up of the site with grey rectangles where the required art will go that you can link to prospective artists. Then, when you know and can show people exactly what you need, you may start asking artists to choose one of your clearly defined images to create. Make it as easy as picking a grey box to fill. Or ask individual artists to create a specific image, rather than letting them choose. The idea is to be exact and clear on what you need, where it's going, and when it needs to be delivered. It will also help if the artists can understand exactly how their image will, in the end, help raise money for the research.

Getting a nebulous, unspecific commitment from someone about a vague, ambiguous project will not actually get you closer to your goal. Every artist on dA could agree to help out, but if they don't know what that entails, or when they need to get it in, that commitment means very little. Getting someone to commit to providing a specific piece of art by a pre-determined deadline WILL get you somewhere. A lot of people will still flake on you, but your chances of success are a lot better.

Anwyay, that's my two cents: get a firm, clear plan together and use that to recruit talent.

Best of luck on this project!
hello, thank you so much for getting back to me.

i've been in talks with a few people of the boards of the charity i'm working with and we have a clearer picture of what we need.

i think one strong image, that could be edited to fit smaller needs would do it. something with the name

Read With M.E

a book, or piles of books, something bright but not overly childlike. something containing characters like fictional characters coming out of a book, or hovering over the shoulder of a central reader.

the basic image should be rectangle, and be able to fit the banner for a blog and facebook page, and be clear enough to be printed on the top of a sponsorship page.

i'm handy with graphic design, so i'd be able to edit the image to fit other uses if i had something large enough to work with in the first place.

an home made, illustrative style should be used because reading is about entering other worlds, and having adventures, creatures, and lover affairs, and mystery. people with my condition get enough doom and gloom, so it should be cheerful and light.

so size wise, an A4 landscape image, with the words on a different layer so i can edit the image separately.

key words are drawn, books, tales, stories, characters, water colour, illustration, whimsy. light and fun but not block colours.

thank you again for your help, you've given me so much more togo on, and also a way of planning what i need down.

amy x
i will love to help, but i'm not sure my art would be good enough, if you like it then i will gladly draw anything to help you!
i'm sure your work is lovely
aaw thanks!!
i will try my best!
Its sounds like an amazing project, id like tobe involved once you have everything together ill help promote and take part, ill also do some art for you, classical characters you said? Like shakespear and dickins?
thats just what ive got imagines, or fictional characters jumping out of book, lots of books all piled up.
I second both the previous questions
Hello, thank you for getting back to me. IM looking for images to be used promtional material, as well as backgrounds and banners that just need the information on them. Something book related would be great fictional characters etc. im hoping to make hand outs like book marks and badges and leaflets so the images need to have a general theme and colours that are recognisable.
Thank you again x
Im not sure what you are looking for?
Hello, thank you for getting back to me. IM looking for images to be used promtional material, as well as backgrounds and banners that just need the information on them. Something book related would be great fictional characters etc. im hoping to make hand outs like book marks and badges and leaflets so the images need to have a general theme and colours that are recognisable.
Thank you again x
what exactly are you looking for? original art, or just access to the art?
Thank you again x
What exactly are you looking for?
It's the holiday season, so I'm looking to be doing some stuff for free and this seems like a really good cause:)
Basically...I just don't know if I'd be of any help to you