Offering commissions? Join here, everyone will win in this competition and draw my OC!

After getting several requests, let’s make this happen now! Starting the competition!

:target:Who am I?
My name is Bastien Anderie-Meyer, and I recently published my first fantasy-novel "Die Legende von Marana" (The Legend of Marana). After having a few public readings, for example at Germany's biggest bookfair in Leipzig, I now started a homepage, where I am displaying the most important and interesting information about the novel.
My idea was to create a site where illustrations of the characters are displayed!

:target:THEREFORE I am now starting a competition!
Draw my OC “Zezaya”, for reference click here and scroll down to the first illustration: [link]

Here is an additional description, as for I made him way too impressive on this illustration. In reality, he is just a boy, so feel free to make him seem weaker:D

In general, when speaking about clothes or extras, these are mere suggestions. You can use poses and dresses as you wish:

Young boy around 13-14, 1,54 m
white hair not longer than shoulder-length, he has bangs
rather slim, weak, normal figure
clothes: feel free! adventurer-, fantasy-stuff, a swordfighting uniform or simple everyday-clothes
suggestions for equipment/backgrounds/additional stuff:
-posesses the purely white element-sword of wind;
-a 16th century ship;
-navigaton-equipment like compass;
-some “magical” or background;
-steampunk equipment;
-adventurer-clothes;
-an old camera

If you already have drawn a similar white-haired boy, feel free to submit him, too!

:target:PRIZES:
1st: 300 P. +30Favs
2nd:250 P.+30Favs
3rd:200 P.+20Favs
4th:150 P.+20 Favs
5th:100 P.+15 Favs
6th:80 P.+10 Favs
7th:60 P.+10 Favs
8th:40 P.+ 5 Favs
9th: 30P.+ 5 Favs
10th:20P + 5 Favs

Everyone else, when put on homepage:10 Points

-->Also, everyone who’s illustration, besides those of the winners, I put on the website will get 10 Points. So please don’t hesitate if you fear that you are not amongst the best. Have fun and do your best, I will honor every participant with at least a little and a favorite and would even do more if I had the points!
:target: If there is anyone who wishes to support a joung author and all those artists who would like to participate, please feel free to contact me. I will use all prizes offered to pass them on to the participants!

Thinking about the effort each artist must have put into them, I would honor every winner by putting it online on the website, thereby of course referring to the individual artist as creator. You can tell me if you would like me to create a link for your artist’s gallery (as long it does not contain mature content) for advertisement:D

-----Here is a link to the homepage, seeing the gallery (same as for the illustration-reference)------
[link]

-----The book, as an example so you can see it, on amazon. -----
[link]

:target: ------A short summary of the story (good to learn about his character and the world he lives in-----

In a world full of magic, pirates and Huminals, there is a young boy who does not know where he belongs: Zezaya.
When he was about four years old Ikarus had found him near his father’s sword fighting school – without a name, and more importantly, also with no memory.
The only clue that gave Zezaya some indication about his background were his magical powers, usually unleashed involuntarily through strong emotional impulses.
Ten years pass by and then he and his expert traveller, womaniser and never at a loss for words, “brother” Ikarus, start out on their sea voyage without either a course or a destination in order to find out who Zezaya really is and how he can control his dangerously growing power.
However, the sea thwarted their plans. Within a short sauce of time they found themselves in a powerful storm which Zezaya only managed to survive with the help of his powers. Ikarus, who fell overboard during the journey, found himself captured by one of the most feared pirates in the world: Blackcalb The Strategist.
Zezeya, however, met up with the dangerous Tribe of Fish, Huminals whose captain had got together with Blackcalb to form an alliance. He escaped from the pirates by the skin of his teeth and, on his own initiative, managed to find his brother who he had feared to be dead.
With an audacious trick he achieved an even more spectacular escape from the pirates, by, in short, boarding the fish people’s ship. In the company of Blackcalb’s navigator, Shaia, who up to this point had been forced to work for the pirates, they continued their journey.
But the terrifying female sword fighter Epee, whose boat they rammed by accident, forcibly compelled them to change course. As a result, Zezaya, his brother and Shaia found themselves on the most feared island in the world: The pirate meeting place, Himono-Country, which even the navy avoided.
Strangely enough, however, it was deserted…
...Deserted except for one single person; the man that Epee had sworn to meet here for a duel. At first they were frightened of the magician Amaterasu but he soon turned out to be an extremely friendly companion.
While Epee owns the Sword of Fire, he is the bearer of the Sword of Lightning. These unique swords enable their owner to utilise the energy of the elements, the power of the gods.
And Amaterasu, the guardian of the swords, appeared to be drawn directly to Zezaya by the Sword of Wind. Uncertain, surprised and thrilled at the same time that it chose him of all people, Zezaya became its new bearer.
Amaterasu helped the boy with his training while they continued with their journey, discovering new islands, having adventures; including for example recovering the legendary lost Water Magician’s Island which, after being attacked by the navy, was lost for ten years.
However, before he could learn to be the master of the sword, Zezaya had to first come to terms with his own powers and learn to control them…
…and that sooner than he had ever imagined.

In the meantime, Naval Commander Galaman began to look into the intrigue of The Armas del Meutre, involving the three most dangerous pirates in the world: Blackcalb The Strategist, Vinarossa The Magician and Scarwhite The Wolf had managed to infiltrate enough of their men into the navy over the years that it became possible for them to take over the headquarters, the impregnable military base of sea power.
But before he could uncover this intrigue, Galaman was also deceived by them. As a result of underhand sabotage he is presented to the public as an old senile man who is no longer capable of carrying out his important position in the navy. This eventually went so far that he was expelled from his naval base and sent back to headquarters.
However, he would never reach them: The ship he found himself on was manned by disguised pirates who delivered him directly into Blackcalb’s hands.
In this hopeless situation, it was left to him alone to rescue the navy.
It soon became all too apparent that he and Blackcalb were obviously not confronting each other for the first time. On the contrary, their association went much deeper…

In a battle shrouded in legend, all the characters meet up with each other, Zezaya and his companions, Galaman and the pirates, the navy, Magicians and Huminals. A battle whose outcome will change the present world for ever…
…the battle that will set everything in motion:
The Legend of Marana

:target: This is for the start!
Thank you for reading and to all, who consider honoring me with their artwork, have fun, ask me anything and thank you! (:

Bastien
Comments83
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Finally, the results! I already commented on every illustration, here i am trying to give reason why I chose each individual illustration for its respective placement. Please bear in mind, that this rating is only my personal judgement and that I had to make a placement as for this was a competition. But all your illustrations are great pieces of art and I feel very honoured that you took your time and painted my OC Zezaya in your style. Thank you very much:)

-1st:Wakakin_ I really love the spirit you caught in this illustration. Also, your style is beautiful and the compination of light colours, light and shadow is amazing! There is so much detain in the dove and pose, too, therefore, i chose this illlustration as the winner.
-2nd:ProfessorRatigan_ As I told most of you who asked, I do not only cara about the abilites of the respective artist in creating a beautiful illustration. I also respect the effort taken, which can be seen in the detail of Zezayas clothes and the creative background. Therefore, even though one might argue that there is room for improvement in Zezayas pose, the overall composition makes this illustration the second winner:)
-3rd:Alvaromero324_ Although there is no special background, the pose is difficult and the clothes very creative. The detailed, beautiful and individual design of the sword as well as the style of colouring itself is a great plus to for this illustration.
-4th:Kima-Neko_ Here, too, the love for detain in Zezayas clothes was a great boost to make this illsutration a well deserved number 4.
-5th:UraHameshi_Again, very individual clothing, although there is not that much to be seen from Zezaya himself. The background took a lot of effort and the composition is very creative, wherefore these aspects made this fabulous illustration number 5.
-6th:57Kunst_ Here we have amazing details with regard to Zezaya and the background. This illustration is taking the viewer into the heat of battle which is very impressive. Again, it could be argued that this deserves a much higher place, but here I preferred the others due to the style and correctness of individual aspects of anatomy.
-7th:KaraKleos_ I love the intense colours and the pose which makes up for all minor aspects you could criticise as constructive help. Again, another beautiful drawing of Zezaxa of which I am proud to feature it on my homepage.

The points will be send to you within a few minuits from this post. All got llamas and comments, so if you now wish me to fave one/a few of your illustrations let me know. Up to 30 faves is a great amount for the winner, and I did not mean to offend anyone by saying that I will blindly chose random illustrations to like them. To my mind, this would be offensive against any artist who wishes for an honest opinion and constructive criticism. However, if you wish me to have a look at certain illustrations or simply want me to like the ones I really do love in your gallery, let me know:) As promised, I will.

As I said, please do not do more than take this rating as my personal judgement. Others would have rated completely different and my single opinion should not have any influence on how you see yourself as an artist, so I really hope that no-one is offended or frustrated.
I hope you all enjoyed creating your individual illustration. All of them are beautiful, all of them are masterpieces. Thank you very much!
Hello, me again! I hope you are all reading this: This is a reminder to inform you about the entries I got from you. A few more posted that they wish to participate, but in the end, I got illustrations from:
Kima-Neko
ProfessorRatigan
Urahameshi
Wakakin
Alvaromero324
KaraKleos
57Kunst

I will take another night's sleep to think about the rating, as for each illustration is very beautiful and special in its own way, wherefore i do wish to make thoughtful and reasonable decisions about the placeing. Again, thank you very much for participating:)
Dear participants. Thank you all for your lovely illustrations. I am fairly sick wherefore the announcepemt of the respective winners has to be delayed for a few days. Please bear with me and thank you very much!
The competition is nearly over! Last chance for submitting or linking your entries:55 minuits left:D
I wish I could read german.... T.T lol
I'll be sure to participate =] seems interesting
Go for it! Still more than a day of time left (German time:D)
6 entries are uploaded, 7 contestants already submitted their beautiful illustrations of Zezaya! Let's see whether we'll get up to ten participants for the prizes:)
Only one more day to come!
But____someone asked if I could delay the competition for about week, which I will gladly do, as for we do not even have 10 participants as far as I know:D The whole game will end on 21st of May:)
I'll help you with this, count me in!
Awesome! Have fun:)
So... You join and 1 person wins? *just a lil confused*
I think you might have misunderstood my description. The best 10 will win points as I mentioned in the description. Furthermore, everyone participating will receive 10 points when I upload their image on the novel's homepage. You will also be mentioned as creator and I will link to your profile, so you gain advertisement out of this, if you might be interested in that.
I hope that helped, let me know if you have any further questions.
me and my friend will join this competition! i advertised it on my page! [link]
and ill get my drawing done as soon as possible!
Thank you very much for advertising for it and have fun while drawing! If you have any questions, let me know:)
Still only 5 participants, which means that even by entering you might win up to 90 points. I wish I could hand out more>< If anyone would like to donate prizes, be it artwork, points or anything else, please let me know:)
Just to keep you updated: 10 illustrations are online by now, 5 of them submitted by the awesome contestants of this competition! Thank you very much to those and for everyone else: Have fun and good luck:3
This contest is being featured by :iconanothercontestgroup:.
Thank you very much, that's great!
I uploaded the image:) Let me know, if you would like me to add an additional name instead of "Wakakin". Also, if you wish to supply them, I will include your 1-2 sentences about this masterpiece where I now just left a gap:D
"This is what I think what an image about the beginning of an overseas adventure would be like."