Statistics

Replies: 94

Praise the old deviantart design. RIP.

:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner May 20, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
Time of death: 10:03 AM UTC -8
Location of death: Everywhere
Cause of death: Murder, by being taken off life support

You gave us so much. We hope you’re happy in the great big hard drive in the sky. Good night, sweet prince. *plays taps*

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner 3 days ago
Sigh, aint that the truth.
:iconkspmill:
Kspmill Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I better pray for those, who choiced struggeling with eclipse
:iconkinola14:
Kinola14 Featured By Owner 4 days ago
At least the group pages bear strong semblance to the original version.
:iconthewackycabbage:
TheWackyCabbage Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Photographer
Recently returned after a few years away to due life issues and I think the biggest thing I miss is how active the chatrooms were. Everyday I use to log in and chat to people who became friends for hours, took my mind off any real life problems going off. I know the chats were once laughed at back in the day but damn, it was like a community within a community.
:iconlem0nseizure:
Lem0nseizure Featured By Owner May 27, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Rest in peace, most pleasant and best art site. Welcome few painful minutes of trying to navigate and browsing art, getting disgusted by the look of the site and leaving, instead of browsing for hours like we used to...
:iconnimbue:
Nimbue Featured By Owner May 24, 2020   General Artist
Also, we should all just leave.  Seriously, we need enough people to just leave and then they'll be forced to change it back.
:iconnimbue:
Nimbue Featured By Owner May 24, 2020   General Artist
It was the best.  I'll always remember the happy days of DA and will hope for a time of their fortunate return.
:iconsimplysherbert:
simplysherbert Featured By Owner Edited May 24, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It was easy to use, stable, and highly functional. Its like DA looked at Blender's UI and went. "Well this looks completely incomprehensible. I'm stealing it!"
What gets me are the stupid mother fuckers who are like "What's the problem? If you don't like it, leave!"
:iconunmei-no-kaioshin:
Unmei-no-kaioshin Featured By Owner May 24, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
This entry is shown still in the OLD format, and I have zero problems with typing in this. I praise it, as with Eclipse, all what I can see is that dumb "llana of fire" message error.
:iconliminalarts:
liminalarts Featured By Owner May 23, 2020   Digital Artist
i'm fine with eclipse. probs because i never got to use the original version
so the thing to take away here is: you don't know what you've lost if you never had it

please write a list of everything i missed out on
:iconokubunny:
OkuBunny Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Dude I hate the new layout so fucking much, they even took away the ability to see new posts from all artists in general. I fucking hate it.
:iconvanblood:
vanBlood Featured By Owner May 23, 2020
RIP
:iconsoju-and-ink:
soju-and-ink Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
been back after some time and deviantart suddenly looks like shit. can i go back to the user-friendly design, or do i have to leave for good?
Triagonal Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
They officially killed the user-friendly design
:icondondog:
Dondog Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Fucking Boooooo
This looks like it was made for mobiles or something. I dont use a shitty low powered phone for this sort of browsing. A PC UI would be nice. Like what we had before...
:iconagnosticdragon:
AgnosticDragon Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
I have tried the mobile version. It is worse.
Yeah, this new layout is super poor. the old one was old sure but the UI was friendly and I could find shit. now I gotta go searching and fuck man. what a load of shit. dont know if I'll be back, just use another site that works.
:iconkorytoombs:
korytoombs Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
I hate the new website so much.  I hate it!  I hate it!  I hate it!
:icondodeca19:
Dodeca19 Featured By Owner Edited May 22, 2020  Student Digital Artist
If deviantArt doesn't at least add a toggle to switch between classic and Eclipse, I'm going to have my dad make a nicely worded email to the design staff and upper management of deviantArt, and my dad's very good at making nicely worded emails. If you couldn't guess, I like the old dA.
Triagonal Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
Your dad sounds awesome
:icondodeca19:
Dodeca19 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Digital Artist
He honestly is.
:icongrade-amasterpiece:
Grade-AMasterpiece Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Writer
:iconkuangyu-cheng:
KuangYu-Cheng Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
RIP.
We had a good time.
:iconsolarsysteminc:
SolarSystemInc Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Artist
This mobile design will stay forever even on PC??? I rarely use DA, it's  pretty useless now, but sometimes I return here and mobile design on PС looks ugly
:iconrhieks:
Rhieks Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Absolutely! I miss the old watch notification pages so much. And dammit where is my "remove all" button?!
:iconaquaticjm:
AquaticJM Featured By Owner May 22, 2020   General Artist
You can select all on notifications by clicking the checkbox on one and the clicking select all and remove them when it gives you the option to~
:iconrealmarmalade:
realmarmalade Featured By Owner May 21, 2020
The only real problem I have with the new design is that there doesn't seem to be any way to get the old Watch window back. I used to be able to get updates on specific collections being updated, which is great for finding niche content. Seems like that feature is gone entirely, which is going to be a pain.

Looks like I'm going to have to make bookmarks to specific collection pages I want to follow, since Deviantart no longer has a way to do that in-site.
:iconvel34:
Vel34 Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try looking up for someone new who isn't popular and you will see a problem.
:icongrade-amasterpiece:
Grade-AMasterpiece Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Writer
Ah, the old modern YouTube issue, huh?
:iconvel34:
Vel34 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The only flipside to this is that there aren't reaction channels. Though art thieves are still a thing. If anything, most users should try to expand outward of deviantart. However, just remember what company bought Deviantart in the first place and avoid that.
:iconformsans96:
FormSans96 Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Praise the amazing old design. I praise it so much in my hurting heart
:iconassincr0n0:
assincr0n0 Featured By Owner May 21, 2020
Over 9 years I lived with the previous interface, that I always considered simple (as it should be) and efficient. Eclipse brought us a more modern design at the expense of functionality. I don't like it! Maybe I'm getting old! I have to gradually search for a place with features that I can identify with. New is not systematically synonymous with the best.
simplysherbert Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm currently looking at other options myself. 
:iconclailow:
Clailow Featured By Owner May 21, 2020   Digital Artist
There is also the site ArtNoodle. Seems pretty new as it is in Beta.
:iconlord-commandr:
Lord-Commandr Featured By Owner Edited May 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wysp seems to be a pretty close alternative to DA. ArtRise isn't online yet, or I would look more closely at that one.  
simplysherbert Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Honestly, the only reason I was still posting my comic art here, was because Smackjeeves pulled this exact same bullshit.
:iconeidolon1:
Eidolon1 Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
The new format looks nice but the problem I have with it is I can no longer count the number of people who are visiting my site right now.  Nor can I look at a chart showing me the number of views and people who have added my artwork to their Favorites collection.  I do like the map showing me the countries where people who are looking at my artwork, but the rest of the charts provided are gibberish to me.
:iconlemiken7:
Lemiken7 Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional General Artist
Yeah, I have the same problem regarding the stats (don't really understand most of those figures or how they relate to my page).
I liked the bar chart better because it displayed your daily page views clearly. The same with the visitor widget for Core, it's just gone! 
I've already submitted a feedback form on this issue, so hopefully they'll do something about it. 
:iconyangxiaofan457:
YangXiaoFan457 Featured By Owner May 20, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Forums still look the same for me.
:iconluckynumber113:
LuckyNumber113 Featured By Owner May 20, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I miss it already.
:iconfreezekonyflux:
FreezeKonyflux Featured By Owner May 20, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
It was quick in my pc, and worked ok in mobiles. (Except the mobile app, it's always been bad)
Browsing was fun and comfortable, the favorites method was comfortable as well. We even had birthday notifications of other users.
The green classic theme defined DA.
It was fun while it lasted.
Dondog Featured By Owner May 20, 2020
What a load of shite this site is currently. Weak, Just Fucking Weak.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner May 20, 2020   General Artist
it had a good run, and now we're working with a new one that will bring changes.
:iconalannights2013:
AlanNights2013 Featured By Owner May 20, 2020  Student Digital Artist
At this point, these changes are ruining the Original One's Legacy...
the legacy was reset when DA was sold. I don't consider it to be ruined, just a new one to rise from the ashes. Phoenix!
:iconalannights2013:
AlanNights2013 Featured By Owner May 20, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Rise from the ahses of what ?
Eclipse is not a Phoenix situation.
It's Pompei...
:iconclu-art:
Clu-art Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
exactly
welp as usual the anti eclipse are out and about being toxic and attacking, whereas always stating the pro eclipse are the toxic ones. seek therapy for your anger issues. and get some help with crawling out of Plato's Cave. I have more important things to assist with than being bothered by the stalking and trolling and so have a good one.
:iconfaeorain:
faeorain Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Traditional Artist
You were the first one to attack and make it personal. It's a thread meant to praise the old DA. You might want to take a moment of introspection before calling other people toxic. You came to this thread for one reason only and it was not to say anything good about the old DA. I'd never consider lumping all pro-eclipse people into one category and I'm aware that many of them are not toxic, but your behavior individually in this thread today seems to fit the bill.
Add a Comment: