I Love You

I love you. I love your art. Yes, you. All of you.Heart 

Like, honestly, I see so many people posting about how their art isn't really getting attention. How sad it's making them... I get hundreds and hundreds of group notifications from all sorts of shared art. And I just can't keep up with it all! I wish I could comment on all of them; letting all of them know how great their art is, how much they are improving, and share that with them. So they don't feel like their art is underappreciated.

I'm often trying to go through and comment on a lot. Or go through forums and look a lot. But again, I can't keep up with it all...So I thought this random post would cheer some people up a bit.

Hey, your art is great! So what if you aren't as good as you want to be, just yet? So what if you aren't as good as that other person? Your art is yours!! And it is doing great! I can tell the hard work you put into it, and put into improving. You'll keep growing, and growing, until you are finally and truly proud of it! I'm proud of where you've come, from where you once were.

And if you are already there, you are awesome! You did it! I'm so proud. You've finally got to that point in your art where that you've tirelessly worked for.

LOVE YOUR ART!! Heart 
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks for the kind words Heart
I kinda need a lift up after the stress from uni and real life, I had thoughts about how my art (is it good enough for selling etc) and it made me stressed
Waaaah!

Sometimes I can't even find a point where I was enjoying my art

(anyways sorry for the scrambled grammar UmU, English is not my mother language)
Aww! I think your post is really sweet and makes a powerful point. I'm sure anyone who will read it, will instantly feel cheered up and motivated! Not to mention it reminded me it's alright to go on my own pace -in both commenting to others' works and doing something artsy.

I've lately felt huge pressure over the fact how to comment (because I felt my comments would just upset people, because those were too short or too long or not having enough details, etc.) and that my writings weren't enough, making me forget it doesn't matter. As long as one tries to show their genuine feelings, those will get across, even if the delivery could had been a bit better -but maybe next time it'll be even better. :D

Your post is really good reminder to us all, so thank you for that. =)
Thank you~ I'm glad that it touched you and I hope it touches others. :) I did really want to try and cheer some people up, as it is quite sad to see how disappointing some are with their lack of attention. I know it can make people feel they aren't doing well enough. But that is so untrue... So hearing you say all this makes me super duper happy!

Yes! A good reminder. Always go at your own pace~  :D Getting any comment at all is super nice and well appreciated. At least, in my opinion. And if one cannot be thankful for a comment that isn't your fault. :) It simply shows who they are, as a person.
You're welcome. ^^ I'm sure you post will. :nod: Hehe, well, good to hear my post managed to cheer up you too, since you too deserves all that love and happiness! *Throws confetti.*

I'm same mind about that, because just like someone created something, the other one leaving a comment is kind of too like creating something: it's like a gift back. In best cases it can become so much more. =)
yay I got a late Valentine! :la: :D

But tbh I think the same and also I believe that everybody has to learn to care less about fame and what others think about their art.

I tried to be famous on Instagram and gathered a following - art burnout

I tried to learn to draw like the Blizzard artists in a short amount of time - art depression

Now I am learning how to not care at all and just keep going in my own pace and with the stuff I really want to draw, no matter if it's likely to be noticed or nah. I am starting to feel much better.

I can be an awesome artist later on, now all I need is fun :D
Yes yes. Happy late valentine's. Heart  Haha~
And I agree. While being popular is nice, I guess a lot of people don't really think about what that comes with. The pressure. And a lot of times, it can be exhausting. Especially when you are struggling to reach that point and it makes you feel more and more like you aren't worthy. It just isn't something you should aim for. It's kind of like how people speak about love. You know...don't chase it; just let it happen. I think it's similar to that. Have fun with what you do. Don't chase fame, and popularity. And eventually, it will come to you on it's own and be more rewarding and less exhausting.

You have totally got the right thought. ~ And I believe in you!
Oh yes! And when you actively try to be famous you are never popular enough to meet your own standards! And then you ask yourself "Why am I not popular enough yet?", answer that by "because I am not good enough" and here it is the vicious cycle of art depression and burnout ^^; Or the fear of losing all your followers! I was haunted by that fear all day long!

I am just glad that this is over tbh ^^; I am rather on Deviantart, it is so calm :dummy:

Yes I believe the same :D If I became popular without any greater effort or me actively craving it I'd know that people didn't come here to see my trying to be perfect but because they love the flawed me. But for now it's healthier for me to shy away from any big exposure. 

Thank you for believing in me :la: :heart: und ich merk grad, dass du auch aus Deutschland kommst~ :meow:
Mhmm~ Exactly. :D (Big Grin) It is better to be loved for who and how you really are, instead of an expectation of perfection.
Oh!! What a surprise~ You are also from Germany? I wasn't expecting that. I always am excited when I meet other people who are here. Well, mostly just because everything about Germany excites me. Haha~ And I don't have a lot of friends here, so it's nice to make some.
Tbh it's pretty cool that you love Germany that much :D it's rare to see people like that haha~ How comes you love this country? For how long do you already live here? And do you live in the north, middle or south?

I am originally from Austria :meow: but we moved here because there are more work oppoturnities for my dad.
Is it? Well, I guess I can see that. Many of my coworkers back in America would mock me when I practiced the language. Only my part Russian speaking friend understood. xD But I just don't get it. I think the language is beautiful. And besides that fact, I know it's common that a lot of Americans only know about...well, America. Like it's the only place that matters on Earth. But I never liked that..I can't lie. I was that way too, for a while. But when I was a young girl, the first time I heard German, I thought "This sounds really nice! I like this language." It became my favorite language from then on. Sadly, I didn't do anything with it until I was out of high school. But then I thought, "Hey, I still love German the most! I want to learn more. About other countries, cultures, and languages!" So I started studying up on Germany. The language, the culture...Different foods and even how the government might work. I began to love it more and more. :) I knew I wanted to travel. I wanted to finally get out of America. I never thought I could do it. But during my studies of Germany I met a very nice German man. We became very close for a while. We kind of started dating...And realized we wanted to be together.

So, I did the craziest thing possible. I sold everything I owned in America. Quit my job. Took all my money and decided to move to Germany Of course, it wasn't just for him. I thought it would be very helpful in my language learning. Since I would be surrounded by the language, have to use it more often, and could possibly even take a course. So when I got here, I met him. We clicked. I took a month of language class just to try it out. I study on my own, and try to speak with other German speakers. I stayed here for a few months; traveled to some other places in Europe...Then returned. To stay permanently. And now, I'm married to that man. Haha :)

I'm still pretty...well, not that great at German. I did only take one month of a course, and most of my learning is from my own studies and my practice when I am forced to speak with other Germans. I don't practice as much as I really should...And I am trying to get better with that~ But at the very least, I understand writing really well. I can speak basic conversation, too. At most, I struggle with listening.

Oh yes I saw that on your profile. That you are Austrian. :) I am curious to visit a lot of places over here. I haven't even explored enough of Germany yet! I just have way too much to see. Haha
damn that sounds awesome and adventurous too! :la:

I lowkey wish that we people in Germany would start to see ourselves like you do... tbh most Germans I know think that their language is ugly, their culture is trash and they want to get out asap. I mean... we have a national self-esteem problem :D but hearing that other people think otherwise is really refreshing :meow: :heart:

Also don't worry I am sure you will learn that language well enough soon :la: if you want we can talk in German so you can practice!

I myself have that language fascination with Russian haha I could relate to you so hard with the self-study part and all that. I can say a few words and read the kyrillian alphabet but I don't have the time to study more ^^; and first I gotta get good in French because chances are that my future job will require me to have very good french skills.
View all replies