Closed to new replies
February 9
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Praise comic reviewers!

:iconkyrtuck:
kyrtuck Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Its comforting to see that famous paid professional comic writers and artists are not perfect gods and can slip up.  Or its just amusing to see the wholly awful comics get bashed.  And as a maker of a comic series myself, comic reviews give me ideas of what not to do. 

Long ago I used to read them on Spiderfan.com or Spidervillain.com.

Now I've read them on Bad Webcomics Wiki and started watching Bobsheaux and Linkara do them.  And I've tried making my own comic reviews too.

You guys?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfieldie:
Fieldie Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018  Student General Artist
Never watched them and never made them! 
:icon61021376:
61021376 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018
Isn't Linkara that guy who did that truly horrid comic?
kyrtuck Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I do know he has made some webcomic that I've yet to see.  But mostly he's known for reviewing professionally published comics, on a youtube channel.
Yeah I'm aware of that, just seems funny to me in a way, that it's easier to point out what others are doing wrong than for oneself to do
it right
Unlike the people he reviews, he's not a paid professional making published works :P
Instead he's paid to review stuff he himself wouldn't be able to make

I have no particular animosity towards this person, just saying things as I see them
Okay.  But you do know that most pro comics have like 3-6 people working on them?  Separate people doing pencils, inks, colors, letters, script, etc.
Yes; but if he's doing everything by himself you could assume he would be getting at least one of these steps right

Instead maybe he got good at reviewing, but that goes back to my original point. Being good at reviewing is not the same as being good at creating stuff. If I'm not mistaken, he also got involved in a movie, but it didn't take off either. It's a bit sad in a way, people like that trying their hardest to create something but having to go back to just reviewing other people's stuff.
Actually, if one does everything, that just means you're less likely to get things right, as opposed to someone that's always just doing one thing, and thus being able to perfect that one thing.

But I haven't seen the webcomic he does, so I don't know how atrocious it is or isn't.
(1 Reply)
:iconaiwethryne:
Aiwethryne Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018   Digital Artist
I knew someone who got on the Bad Webcomics Wiki. Most everything was true about how Mary Sue and Gary Stu everything was, but I still give the maker of the series props because it was quite literally a test manga to practice getting better at art-ing.
Oh, okay.
:iconjcoolarts:
JCoolArts Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2018
Well, as long as the review is actually constructive and not just a bunch of "sucks sucks sucks look at this bahahaha so much suck!" than yes, I think every artist should be able to get reviews of their comics so that they can consider if making a change to their comic would be helpful.
:iconmrremoraman:
MrRemoraman Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I know I'm a heretic for saying this, buuuuut.........

I like Bobsheaux better than Linkara.

Bobby Boy introduced me to the greatest WTF comic of all time:  Cyberkitties! 
Hee hee :D
:icondragonqueenrachel:
DragonQueenRachel Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2018
I pretty much just watch Linkara.
:sing: He is a man, punch, wears a pretty hat, Linkara, he's got a magic gun, where'd he purchase that?
I know, its great! Are you looking forward to Event Comics Month II and the 500th episode?
yyyep :)
Yeah, should be great.
Add a Comment: