Replies: 50

Why did you start drawing?

:iconahirhine:
AhiRhine Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Praise the reason, praise the person!

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconawsomejasmine:
awsomejasmine Featured By Owner 10 hours ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I began to drawing because I loved having the idea making my own anime (I'm a big anime lover) and I began to teach myself to try to draw anime. But mine is different but I'm still happy about my drawings!
:iconsandwichprotector:
SandwichProtector Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Student Digital Artist
i used to write stories when i was a kid and they'd always be better with drawings to go along with them. of course i didnt draw well but at least i got stuff down on paper!!! i stopped drawing for a while after i was like 6 because i started school but i got back into it when i was about 10 or so and the rest is history!
:iconmajesticbandicoot:
MajesticBandicoot Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
olp well i was one of those kids that basically came out of the womb with a crayon :lol:
i got a lot more serious about art by doing warriors fanart though, in fourth grade i think
:icontaintedjade13:
TaInTedJade13 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New Deviant
I had characters i wanted to express in visual form. The rest is history
:iconr3verie:
R3verie Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My mom used to draw and little me was amazed and wanted to be just like her. 
:iconkittensquitten:
KittenSquitten Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
All the females on my father's side were painters so I kinda was exposed to it by my Oma and Aunt and it just naturally happened i guess. 
:iconorchidkitty:
orchidkitty Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Because I was given a pen as a kid?
I'll praise my parents for buying cool pencils and so on for me as a kid,
I just never stopped drawing :meow:
:iconmshinozaki:
Mshinozaki Featured By Owner Oct 9, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist General Artist
Someone was drawing cool stuff and i got excited about art
:iconsendichic:
sendichic Featured By Owner Oct 9, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
I dunno, it was like love at the first sight //hit
:iconcoolalexia:
coolalexia Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2017  Student Digital Artist
When I was still in elementary, I had a classmate who likes to draw. I was ABSOLUTELY fascinated by their drawings so I started copying them just for the heck of it. Slowly but surely, I fell in love in art and now here I am:shrappy:  
:iconglamra:
Glamra Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2017  Student General Artist
My mother was attending a fine arts university when I was really young, and I of course wanted to be like her. She would sit me on my highchair, give me some art supplies and just let me draw. I mostly did crappy watercolor doodles and gave it to her. She would tape them to her bedroom wall. That's what really sparked my interest in the first place. My relationship with my mother isn't that good anymore but I'm still thankful she was that supportive back then.
:iconnemesiswalkstheearth:
nemesiswalkstheearth Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2017  Hobbyist Artist
Cuz as a kid I learned by watching others. My sister was always drawing. I watched her and wanted to draw too... now I draw for therapy. If I don't have a creative outlet I'll become a psychotic serial killer.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Sep 30, 2017   Writer
nothing better to do

so...

praise not giving your kids any toys! :la:
praise kids not having video games! :la::la:
praise not having any modern child friendly books at home! :la::la::la:
praise that the cartoons on the kiddie channel on the telly don't run 24/7! :la::la::la::la:
praise the neighborhood bullies that wouldn't let me play outside! :la::la::la::la::la:
praise killing trees and all the useless scraps of paper laying about! :la::la::la::la::la::la:
and finally:
praise little sisters who do nothing but cry all day :D
:iconpikmanz-forever:
PIKMANZ-Forever Featured By Owner Sep 30, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I started drawing and making ocs when I was about 6 as a way to cope (In a way) with my trauma I got from being autistic in a school with shit staff. I'd draw Eevee's and other Pokemon cuz Pokemon was my escape from hell. Then I moved away to the middle of nowhere and I started drawing in MS Paint. I took inspiration from BaniTheKitty for drawing and BenTheLooney for my wish to entertain and inspire people. So I started drawing what I want. I joined DA when I was 10 but got my accounts banned (for obvious reasons) and when I turned 13, I made an account on here. In the meantime, I was a member of an Eevee fan community on the game LittleBigPlanet(2), then I left I and became an active member of Miiverse, the only place I could draw Pikmin and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Moral of this comment: follow your dreams or something and something might happen or something. Sans Shrug 
:iconemilyldraws0303:
emilyldraws0303 Featured By Owner Edited Sep 26, 2017  Student Digital Artist
i don't know anymore , it all stated when i was very young (i can't remember when it started but it started somewhere) when i picked a pencil and drew stuff
since then i have been drawing things i like and i can express myself in various ways 
i love getting critiques (even though i rarely get one i hope i do) because i like to hear what i should improve in the future
it always encouraged me to make it better and keep practicing
:iconmsmarionette328:
MsMarionette328 Featured By Owner Sep 24, 2017  Student Digital Artist
I started doodling dumb stick figures in like 4th grade and drew pretty much every day when i started to like it. 
:iconrodrev:
rodrev Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My cousin was so amazing to draw and I really looked up to him and all he did. Then I kinda just continued. That must be 22years ago now...oh dear!
:iconmfinmneonm:
mFinmNeonm Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2017  New Deviant
I've loved cartoons and art since I was 5 :meow: I practice as often as I can and I love being criticized and critiqued! My parents support me alot too! :D
:iconzahlenfreak:
zahlenfreak Featured By Owner Sep 17, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
Drawing is like breathing. It's essential and calms me down. I don't know how I would have endured long boring family gatherings without it. :D
:iconartisticallyweird:
ArtisticallyWeird Featured By Owner Sep 16, 2017  Student Digital Artist
To be honest i was always inspired by cartoons and anime, and when i got to highschool that was around the time i realized i couldnt focus in class so id doodle a little over my books to help me focus

But i didn't get serious about till maybe 2 years later (also sadly when my weaboo phase reached its peak)
And i moved over to digital art in late 2014 or early 2015 i think
:iconspice-twinkle-pop:
Spice-Twinkle-Pop Featured By Owner Sep 16, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
2 years ago a started drawing and its all coz of DA i use to write poetry

and i made a pole which they'd like more art or poetry so i drew for a bit and i loveed so much
:iconkaarter3:
kaarter3 Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
I drew a lot of pics when I was a kid, but then I stopped. I only started again a few years ago 
when I saw my friends bring her drawings to school. Sometimes she would give her drawings to 
us, but at one point, I decided that I wanted to make my own art. I was incredibly crappy. No, like, 
I think my friends were lying when they complemented my drawings. It was that bad TuT. 
I never thought to take art seriously until recently though, cause I was tired of having no drive, 
no ambition. Nothing to feel proud of. 
:iconspoopysmeels:
SpoopySmeels Featured By Owner Edited Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No joke almost everyone in my family draws really well so, when I was old enough to realize that it was people some how making those pictures I was like, "Oh man, I wanna do that, too!"...

and then I did...

just not as well.
:iconikeaaika:
IkeaAika Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  New Deviant Professional General Artist
my best friend clare taught me how 12 years ago, she is so nice and im happy she is still my friend
:iconcaptainceja:
CaptainCeja Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I started drawing because I enjoyed the freedom it gave me. I could be anyone, anything. Like I could create these fantastic stories with my own heroes and all. I think that it helped me escape from my own life. Today it helps me deal with stress from work and all that stuff.
:iconladyyomi:
LadyYomi Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I CAN´T REMEMBER IT ANYMORE?? Cho Kyuhyun Shocked 

My mom still has things that I drew when I was
2 years old... I never stopped after that! :shocked:  
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Sep 30, 2017   Writer
same :giggle:
:iconsekuwido:
Sekuwido Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017
At school it was either taking notes in class or draw silly stuff instead... and since I'm a lazy procrastinating butt...  Sans Shrug 
:icon0kurkuma0:
0KURKUMA0 Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  New Deviant Hobbyist General Artist
Mostly because I was a huge weeb and I was obsessed with anime. I also had a lot of stories I wanted to create
:iconeidolon1:
Eidolon1 Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
For me it just came naturally. As a youth I got my hands on a box of crayons and just couldn't stop.
:iconshadow2k:
shadow2k Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I draw for the same reason I write - to escape my reality.
:iconkoookus:
KoooKus Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017
I want to draw stories. Both as comics and illustrations for novels. And it helps raising my quite pathetic level of creativity. :D
:iconczeladnik09:
CzeladniK09 Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
I wanted to show how much i hate the artist/furry community but not by using pathetic hate language on forums and such but using the same "weaponry". I sucked at drawing so i studied to the point the anger was no longer there and I am where I am right now. I regret nothing :D  
:iconbloodywing:
BloodyWing Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017   Digital Artist
Because I wanted to become a Manga artist. I ditched the idea and went in a complete different direction.
:iconpinkaap:
pinkaap Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I started drawing because I saw my little sister draw these carrot people. I started doing it too lol and later I built stories around them XD
:iconkittensquitten:
KittenSquitten Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Had nothing better to do. Then ended up liking it i guess
:iconangelkite:
AngelKite Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
wanted to do something and not give up on it for once !! 
also I praise kelpls on tumblr; seeing her art motivated me to get serious, albeit at 23 years of age which is old ._.
:iconastiel-varg:
Astiel-Varg Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017
I wanted people to see my mind!

Its a whole lot of ass! But you can see it!

HAHAHAH! YES! PRAISE IT!
:icontori-thephantomblob:
Tori-ThePhantomBlob Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Student Digital Artist
ehhhh alwayz has been sorta doing it...?
:iconbabakinkin:
BabaKinkin Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
if youre half decent at something ofc youre gonna keep doing it.
:iconbridge-moon:
Bridge-Moon Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I started drawing because I enjoy drawing lol
:iconxxprtyanmlxx:
xXPrtyanmlXx Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I saw other people do it, so I just thought:

Hey, I can art!
:iconwimsicat:
Wimsicat Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
It was fun! It was also really nice to feel like I was accomplishing something. My friends and family were always excited about and supportive of my art. I was motivated and inspired so much I just never stopped doing it. I'm glad I didn't. 
:icon4sidez:
4sidez Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If I don't make things I go nuts.
Happy Floofy Emodicon ...
:icongpad:
GPAD Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Student Digital Artist
I swear I've heard that same line from a friend that cooks a lot before.
:icon4sidez:
4sidez Featured By Owner Sep 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
We all have our points of mental relief I guess xD
:iconaiwethryne:
Aiwethryne Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017   Digital Artist
There was a wall.

I had a crayon.

Art happened.
:iconvenomgamingart:
VenomGamingArt Featured By Owner Sep 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Cuz y not
:iconheavenhairsixes: