Why don't they change their ways?

Every four years or so, when the time comes to elect people, someone somewhere has their emails hacked, and it's always all over the news when an email has something scandalous. Now I don't support many of these things they speak secretly of via emails, but neither do I like espionage, including these hackings. So why don't they (the emailers) change their ways and move onto another medium besides email? Whenever this happens, I can't help but think it's their fault, since putting such significant matters in the hands of petty emailing didn't work the last time it happened. Not that I'm trying to give ideas to abusers, it just seems silly all our candidates for prime minister and president fear eavesdropping less than the average citizen does.
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
People should only apply for candidacy after updating their firewall.
Put the email on it.
because cyber crime is the least criminal and jail time.  let alone how to actually handle these criminals thanks to outdated laws.  also, these things probably aren't encrypted enough (if they were to begin with).  if you're not doing anything illegal it's still wise to use encrypted things and try to keep your nose clean (as they say).  but it's so easy to start down the slippery slope of corruption, some just reach it faster than others.

there's been people who eavesdrop long before they were called spies.  nosy? curious? gossip? looking for something for future?  it's a shame that it's still going on to this day, but it is what it is.  since we've all gone digital it's just sped up the knowing process.  those that still use a type writer and hand deliver messages, good luck hacking that... they probably don't fear it as much as they think they are above the law, protected, other. 
I meant why don't the emailers change their ways (by sending messages with a different method). Sorry, I should've clarified better.
E-mail is quick, easy and has the illusion of being secure. I'm not in politics (actual sense of morality, weak stomach, inability to keep a straight face while lying etc. etc.) so I presume few people would have an interest in my e-mails.