Details

July 31
Link

Statistics

Replies: 374

His Name Was Garett Foster

:iconunitedxrebels:
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner Edited Jul 31, 2020  New Deviant
Armed Protester Shot, Killed By Driver In Austin Identified As Garrett Foster, Alleged Shooter Released From Custody
dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/26/ar…

Police have identified an armed protester who was shot and killed by a person who had driven into a crowd at a demonstration against police violence in the Texas capital.

Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said Garrett Foster, 28, was shot and killed Saturday night as demonstrators marched through downtown Austin.

gerettFoster by UNITEDxREBELS  

Another victim of right-wing terrorism

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Professional General Artist
This is texas you have a right to carry a gun in the open . Further more the protestor had his mother in a wheel chair and the driver rammed him for no reason.

The driver is going to go to jail and deserves to go to jail.
:icondecadentdeath:
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 23 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Actually, the driver was released after 24 hours because he shot Garret in self-defense. 

nypost.com/2020/07/27/man-who-…

www.texastribune.org/2020/07/3…
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner 20 hours ago  New Deviant
Everything went down in five seconds flat.
-
Daniel had the gun ready.
He drove into a pedestrian zone.
He hit Garrett's girlfriend with the car.
Garrett approached the vehicle with his gun down.
Daniel got his excuse to open fire.
-
There's even prove of Daniel (A military sergeant) having murder fantasies against protesters on his social media.
-
You back a psychotic right-wing ultra-nationalist terrorist that assaulted and killed people.
It fits your ideology and your agenda.
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner 19 hours ago  New Deviant
A THIRD RIGHT-WINGER has blocked me!
Where 's this FREEDOM OF SPEECH you guys are always going on about?
Cuz you sure as hell want to shut me up when I question your ideology and theories.
-
Okay, so let's take small driving test:
-
The road is flooded with people walking in the same direction and has been barricaded off to keep them safe.

Do you drive through anyway?

YES NO

" Garret point that AK at the driver. "
Post your proof. Everyone else has failed to.
-
People didn't run and scream until after the shots were fired.
-
" His posts on twitter or whateverthefuck don't even matter "
Convenient.
-
Discrediting my sanity doesn't make your argument any stronger.
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 19 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Daniel wad driving for Uber, he wad driving on the road not a pedestrian area. The entire area was flooded with people during the protest- and I saw the damn video, Garret point that AK at the driver. Any person who has a gun on them, and is surrounded by people yelling and screaming, is gonna act accordingly by shooting the fucker because you never know.
His posts on twitter or whateverthefuck don't even matter, I saw some of them and they're run of the mill bullshit.
"psychotic right-wing ultra-nationalist terrorist"
lmfao dude you're nuts
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner 21 hours ago
So a man dies because he raised his gun in self defense but because he didn't shoot first his killer walked free? The driver deserved manslaughter charges at least.
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 19 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Why? Garret pointed his AK at the driver first, the driver couldnt have known that Garret might not have intended to shoot, so he did what most people would do and shot first. He got off on self-defense, and that was the right decision.
Saeter Featured By Owner 17 hours ago
Because the driver is the one who nearly hit a woman in a wheelchair (Garret's fiance), as he decided to drive into a crowd of people.
Garret reflexively raises his rifle in defense but apparently decides not to shoot when he is then shot at by the driver and someone else.
Considering what happened at Charlottesville, where a nazi drove into a crowd of protesters and murdered a girl.
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant
It was his fiance, but yes.

We agree.
:iconjohnsamer98:
johnsamer98 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i like how the police are still trying to fix the mess left by the George Floyd incident and trying calm people down by saying how they are putting so much effort into that investigation and that the people responsible will be punished while literally dozens of other cases are stacking up in the time it's taking to just to sort that one.

currently the authorities are running at less than 5% efficiency at calming the public's fears so the only solution they have right now militant force.

ironically if they stopped being corrupt for a bit the problem would solve itself and stop making things harder for themselves but apparently that's listed as a last resort for reason that make sense to who the hell knows who.

are they that bonkers stuck on the idea of having the freedom to be a jerk to people that they are missing the bigger picture of like all the fire and death creeping closer?

i'm not saying they've got it coming to them but i would be the least surprised if certain officials suddenly found themselves assassinated and in the end i don't have to lift a finger in that direction because they've made enough enemies of which plenty of them are considerably dangerous and way bove the level of your average thug or even organised gun unit someone is bound to do my job for me and i just hope i'm not implicated in that for being the prophet that saw the obvious coming that no-one bothered to stop and think might happen.

just saying but ah i digress and possibly talk on a completely unrelate subject but hate is a universal concept.
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner 5 days ago  New Deviant
Well said.
:iconmike-the-dabbler:
Mike-the-dabbler Featured By Owner 6 days ago
Maybe if the peaceful protesters weren't looting and vandalizing, police wouldn't have this big of a problem.
:iconsoftstatic:
SoftStatic Featured By Owner 3 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
The peaceful ones aren’t doing it, and the looters aren’t even protestors. Know the difference. Real protestors don’t claim looting as a protest strategy.
johnsamer98 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
there are ways to stop them that don't result in more trouble.
the people in authority really don't take any interest in being careful and that's their downfall in more than just the obvious ways.
as we shall see.
:iconwallura:
Wallura Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Since you aren't suggesting anything specific, I suggest we should just give these violent protestors what they want.

And the next time they'll be unhappy about something, they know just what to do!

It would be very entertaining!
johnsamer98 Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
funnier when you get to the end of your story.
I suspect that other groups who desire societal change might take notice, and try the same strategy, devolving society back to might makes right.
A fitting end I can imagine would be people asking an authoritarian politician to restore stability.
wow your logic is embarrassing considering what's going to happen.
If I made a logic error, you should be able to point it out without making a prediction about the future.
(1 Reply)
Mike-the-dabbler Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Simply telling the peaceful protesters that vandalizism and assault are wrong doesn't seem to be working.
not what i meant
Mike-the-dabbler Featured By Owner 5 days ago
How do you propose to deal with all the crime?
i'm not allowed to tell you right now because i'm under observation.
Saeter Featured By Owner 6 days ago
What about Cliven Bundy who pointed his rifles at federal agents?
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New Deviant
This thread is about Garett Foster.
-
Make your own thread and we'll debate it there.
Saeter Featured By Owner 6 days ago
No I mean that the same people calling Garrett a terrorist are the same people who called Bundy a hero.
Ah.
A double standard.
Gotchya.
:iconbeautifulrainofautum:
BeautifulRainofAutum Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
When are the mods gonna lock this shit?
Why would they?
Because it's bait meant to incite and be disruptive. You're spreading propaganda. It had nothing to do with the right-wing or terrorism. A random person was driving by and a group of thugs ("protesters") stopped him, one of them intimidating the driver with an assault rifle. The driver felt threatened and shot him, and that's that. 
I make engaging content that questions the status-quo.
The original post has 30+ responses in 5 days.
Mine has 200+ in about a day.
If you read through my debates with others in this thread I have a lot of valid points based on evidence and logic.
You are welcomed to try to prove me wrong.
You're a sad troll who made this alt account a few days ago to be disruptive. All you're doing is shitposting nonsense and baiting people.
Try actually putting some effort next time and see if you can get 200+ posts, since that's the only thing you seem to care about. Maybe then i'll be impressed.
Fallacy:
Appeal to ridicule
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Garret Foster was open carrying an AK platform rifle( which is his right, not arguing that) which he then brandished at the driver and was understandably fucking shot. You don't point your gun at people, ever, especially in an already heated situation and the only reason you'd do so is if you're actually fucking planning on shooting someone. I'm not happy he's dead but he acted a fool and got what he deserved. No sympathy. 

I'm seeing a lot of different stories coming out about this, from the driver was a nutter to the driver was just passing through,  I don't really know what's true, but what we do know is that Garret pointed his rifle at the driver, and the driver shot him presumably before Garret could shoot him first. 
Post a picture/video of Garett pointing his gun at the driver.
decadentdeath Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Someone already did, apparently, and as someone who owns a long gun... That is not "pointing a rifle downward."
Post it with source.
:iconvalsayre:
Valsayre Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Student Artist
0R8K63 0PiA5C7I00 by Valsayre  
Gun is pointed down.
It is very clear in the picture that he is raising the rifle.
Gun is not pointed at a person.
Not an argument.
To raise your weapon at one's vehicle is as good to raise it at a person.
It's not raised at the vehicle or a person.
He is merely holding it downward.
Your speculation does not hold up as evidence of malicious intent.
(2 Replies)
:iconcyberrobotnix:
CyberRobotnix Featured By Owner Edited Aug 1, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Garrett instigated this, he had it comin'.
Who approached who?
:iconwoodrowwoodthough:
WoodrowWoodThough Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
All I know is they were both armed and they got mad and people got shot. This is predictable to me. "Peaceful protests" aren't happening. I'm surprised more shootings haven't occurred. I read somewhere a Sheriff is advising all drivers to carry guns. Put them on the dash so the "peaceful protesters" won't drag you from your car and stomp you to death and steal your wallet and phone. I take his advise serious. I've seen enough violence for a lifetime.
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  New Deviant
Protesters have every right to protect themselves.
Especially when they have people in cars coming over and running over their quad-amputee girlfriend in a wheelchair.
I doubt his disabled GF was run over. If that was your GF, would you parade her in the street blocking traffic and making her a target for drivers trying to get by? Who is kidding who here? Picked a fight and lost the fight.
UNITEDxREBELS Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  New Deviant
Disabled people belong at protests too.
The street was cleared with barricades so pedestrians could go through.
It was planned ahead of schedule that it would be safe for people to pass through there.
Who approached who?
I don't really know who did what. I merely commented that two people with guns met on the street. The guy in the car got scared and shot the other guy. I wouldn't put my girlfriend on the street to get run over. That is a little ridiculous. She should be on the side walk or the park.
Add a Comment: