Missouri's Gun Couple

You've probably seen them all over the news as of late - a husband and wife who, as protesters marched by their house, took out gun (him a semi, she a pistol) and pointed it at the protesters. There were later charged with "Unlawful use of a weapon." Now politics are getting in the way:

What do you think? Is it all right for someone to point a loaded gun at someone who is not on their property and who is making no move to go into their property? Or should these two be charged?

Oh, and just because people find it appropriate to attack the characters of Black people who are killed by police, here's a nice little hit piece on the assaulters. www.stltoday.com/news/local/me…
Comments459
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This thread's still up?
Apparently the Governor has already promised to pardon them if they are convicted. So this has turned into a show about gun control.
Comment Flagged as Spam

Whitmer is trying to take the heat off for her bad decisions.

Still up? The really interesting phase is just about getting started :) (Lawsuits and trials etc. aren´t fast)
Of course. Conservatives always want to defend their gun nuts, so long as they are white Christians.

Yeah, no one should ever need 'gun rights' in this day and age for obvious reasons. And yep, this would be one of the reasons why I would wanna leave America behind permanently if I was born there instead of Finland.

Why is Finland ranked 5th place for one of the highest gun death rates in the EU?
www.yahoo.com/news/case-involv…

Apparently they are now being taken to court. Unsure if a certain someone would give them a pardon or not.
And it will be interesting, especially, since they are now accused of tampering with evidence, after several news floated around, that it was at the police station, where they made the previously inoperable gun operable again.

Can't say I disagree with them. I see a mob coming to storm my neighborhood, I doubt I'd be as restrained as they were. Nor would my neighbors. 
No I haven't seen them all over the news......and perhaps that's for the better
Did you see their speech for the RNC Monday night? What flavour do you think the Kool-Aid is for Trump supporters like these two?
Um red. That’s the only flavour of Kool Aid. It’s a red soda drink.
They were on their property, the protesters broke down the gate & march in their front yard. A typical American media lying to their people with you fell for the lie as per usual.
How funny it is a country that is so prideful of freedom & guns are now arresting people for carrying guns to protect their own property. When the minorities did the same thing, nobody dares to bother. Smells almost like racism right here.

No, the protesters did not break down their gate. Video evidence shows the gate being opened carefully. Further, this "private road" is jointly owned property, not their own.

They were under no threat and had no right to do so.

Ah, you want to win by technicality, how funny it is you like the law when it's on your side. On the vid, you can see they went behind their fence line which they claimed ownership on. And to you, therefore, the couple were wrong to protect their property. How scummy it is to say people aren't allowed to protect what is theirs.

Apparently Missouri has a thing called "castle doctrine" which allows them to do what they are being charged on, with the grey area being the deadly force.

This incident started to look like a politically driven now. So you don't even own your front lawn, but if you have the right to be on there because you are under no duty to retreat from your residence, then you can protect it.

Wait wait wait, So you can lie about them "breaking down" a gate but the moment someone mentions "Well its not broken, it was slowly open into" is considered crossing the line cause of technicality?

I could have gone with things like "They were trespassing on private property"

I don't see why those two idiots left their house to try to scare away the protesters when it would have been less of a scandal if they just stayed in their house and waited for anyone to break in (which I doubt but not outside the realm of possibility by coincidence or to provoke)

That's just ridiculous, you're saying they should have their properties damaged before they can protect their property. You're just saying you aren't supposed to protect your own property anymore.

The idiocy here is just astounding. But I suppose you don't have a property to protect if you think like that.

A private road is not a front lawn. They were not on their lawn and had no intention of going on it (they were heading to another house) until they started to threaten them with deadly force.

Not to mention just how ridiculous it is to threaten someone with death when they pose no threat to you.

Your statement makes you sound either you're innocent or heavily biased.

Your current advantage is that the law said the couple didn't own the land surrounded by their house fence. To the couple, it's their house because they live there & tend to the place. And with that castle doctrine, they can. With the news portraying protesters to be burning down neighbourhoods & even twitter posts showing protesters vandalizing buildings & neighbourhoods, oh & that court house the news conveniently painted as an "escalation". The couple were merely protecting what they seen to be theirs.

The most ridiculous person here would be the people who are saying you have no rights to the land within your house fence. Or maybe you personally never have a fenced house with a gate.