July 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 158

COVID party?

:iconkuangyu-cheng:
KuangYu-Cheng Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-man-…

So...this is a story about a 30-year-old male who believed COVID was a hoax, so he attended a party that featured COVID-infected patients in the crowd, then...die due to the COVID.

Seriously, is this a thing in Western countries? Because COVID is a serious topic that shouldn't be taken lightly. And some of the Western people even advocate not to wear masks, that would just make the situation even worse.

Please, I know freedom is important, but your life and other people's lives are important, too.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icongrendalunleashed:
GrendalUnleashed Featured By Owner Jul 21, 2020  Professional General Artist
Wish it was just a 'Western thing' but it's not, across the globe 'healthy people' are believing that their age/status/'race' makes them immune to the worst effects of Covid.

This year the Darwin Awards are going to be overwhelmed with stoopid death candidates.

:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2020
I'm starting to think that people who deliberately ignore these precautions should be charged with attempted murder, possibly even murder itself if someone dies because of it. This is ridiculous. This virus would've been gone by now if people had just used their brains and done what they were told.
:iconjasesaster:
Jasesaster Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Honestly Its hard to believe the level of stupid some people are. I am constantly doubting myself this is real.

Unless the covid party was composed of stupid tidepod challenge doing teenagers from the most low IQ in the location of Florida, I won't believe it.
:iconwolfworths15menkey:
wolfworths15menkey Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020
I think its how tidepod challenge mindset manifests in right-leaning areas, in left areas its stuff like the tidepod challenge in right leaning areas its whatever thing the left calls super dangerous.
:iconjasesaster:
Jasesaster Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This isn't even a political thing. You can be left, right, middle or other and still be a fucking idiot.
:iconwolfworths15menkey:
wolfworths15menkey Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020
Agreed, the right has fewer ways to act stupid because most of there ideas work in practice, still doesn't stop some of them from doing stupid things. I think this one news story might be fake(because the article is written in a strange manner) but the idea that some people are acting that way is still believable.
:iconhe4rt-br34k:
he4rt-br34k Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i'd be glad if only the stupid and reckless die of corona. 
the problem is that they can spread the virus and let everyone else get infected. 
:iconhe4rt-br34k:
he4rt-br34k Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconspikestraggler:
SpikeStraggler Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist
The stupid will eliminate themselves.
:iconkaizenkitty:
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Professional Writer
//Seriously, is this a thing in Western countries?//

yes. Facepalm  Covid conspiracy theorists.  Asami facepalm plz  thankfully not everyone here is like that. but yes, we do have such people. (last week in the supermarket in my home town... no one was wearing a mask... Facepalm 2 ...)

.....is this  not  a thing in Eastern countries?  Mio (Surprised) [V2] 
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
maybe China and Japan should face time (Skype, Discord, etc) with people and proper educate them on how to wear a mask, because the people I see are completely clueless.  disturbing enough encountered two people that refused to wear a mask because of makeup, another because of their hair....  save some money?
Nope, mainly because we are f by the SARS before, so we have more experience with this kind of stuff.
And...not every Eastern country has "freedom" if you ask me, so they can only follow what the government wants them to do. Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea are relatively free compared to other Eastern countries, but even with that we still take the virus seriously(Our government locked down our island and got scold in Jan, but turns out to be the right decision).
Plus we are more focused on collectivism a little bit more, so that could be one of the reasons why conspiracies affect relatively small here, if you spread shitty rumor you might face some serious consequences.
:iconlord-commandr:
Lord-Commandr Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Natural selection has to happen somehow...
:iconvalsayre:
Valsayre Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Student Artist
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
welcome to America, where the stupidest (yes bad grammar) currently reside.  people not wearing masks properly, out rioting and protesting.  people not wearing masks at all, repeat.  people attending corona-chan parties, people spreading the disease... stupid is as stupid does...
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Honestly, let the idiots weed themselves out. Any person favoring freedom over safety and intellect cannot be saved in any way, especially if they believe the virus is a hoax, when a Google search will very easily prove otherwise. The US is far past overdue for an idiot cleansing anyway, and I'd much rather they die now and spare the rest of us the trouble of having to deal with them later when the virus eventually leaves the country

Pruning the rotted parts from the tree helps the tree, which in turn, helps the people
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020
I don't see why these people think freedom must be synonymous with making bad decisions. Why can't they say they are free and use that freedom to wear a bloody mask?
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
That's just the problem; they want total freedom, no matter the cost
In other words: they're entitled morons
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020
Yeah but just because someone is entitled to be a moron that doesn't mean people should support them actually choosing to be a moron.
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Jul 15, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Unfortunately stupidity breeds stupidity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavi…
Wow, I didn't know this is legit enough to be on Wikipedia page.

Better share it as well.
:iconraskolnikow110:
Raskolnikow110 Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020   Artisan Crafter
Lol. Does a completely overcrowded (the last few times one could almost stack people...) smoking area in a moderately ventilated cellar in a Metal-bar count as a corona party?  

In the moist and cheerful together, one quickly forgets corona in favor of a beautiful foam corona on the one or six obligatory beer.Laughing
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Student Digital Artist
This is why China and Japan need to get their act together and Unite Asian... White people don't have common sense anymore???
:iconfeedingtru:
Feedingtru Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  New Deviant
Ha ha you Chinaman too you use funny sticks and maybe serve Gramma Kansas She live many day long long life 102 years or so Bad disgusting Rhetoric but 7.99
:iconsuperhurricane:
SuperHurricane Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
It does seem odd no one has been recording these parties offhand, though I often worry about my brother when he goes to group meetings with his church friends. People really need to stop doing this stuff for at least 3 weeks and avoid contact with each other for over 2 weeks, or we are going to have even more severe casualties. Especially since the virus can cause a lot of blood vessels to get damaged during your stay in the hospital, so even if you survive, you'll still be in a lot of pain and possibly receive severe head injuries for a very long time. 
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
And the right wing posters out just denying again.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you people?
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Student General Artist
If the finding is inconvenient for me, then I will just close my eyes and cover my ears, and everything will be alright again.
:icongrafvoneichenlaub1:
GrafvonEichenlaub1 Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
Party Wrong .

Blm Protests Yes .
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm guessing he must have had a severe health problem prior to getting corona, statistically speaking covid 19 isn't any worse for the youth and healthy adults then the typical flu.  especially now that we have both physical and medical treatments for the virus! and of course ABC is going to ham the story up because it fits their narrative...  I wouldn't put to much weight into what they say... 

that said the only thing this virus really is a problem for is the elderly, especially those living in nursing homes. as some of our governors have found out the hard way "Cough Cuomo, Walz, Whitmer" when they had sick patients put into these homes rather then spending a little more to have them isolated into their own care facilities... 

not sure i trust the overall numbers either... both cases and deaths are likely inflated by the common cold corona skewing the testing numbers and the deaths being skewed by improper classification... 

eventually between heard immunity, an iffy vaccine, and natural evolution the virus will weaken itself and join it's corona brother from the same wet market mother as just another common cold bug. 

this is what happened to Spanish flu, the Hong Kong flu, the swine flu, SARs 2003, and many other viruses. it's not adventitious to kill the host after all! 
?? ...can you link me your sources?   afaik there is still no vaccine for Covid-19, although it is in development.
that's like 7 months of culminated learning about this subject man... I've been following this subject sense January when i first started seeing memes and news from independent YouTube channels because the MSM was to hyperfocused on the impeachment to give a rats ass. 

I saw the media downplay the virus when they finally realized it was a thing.  I saw them attack trump for trying to fight it back then. to fight him on any treatments that where found tested and proven to work from many doctors across the globe! I've seen the data shift from a hard 5% death rate, to the .1% rate it has now. I saw the CDC and WHO, Doc Fauchi and many others flip flop back and fourth... now the media is blaming people who don't want to wear masks yet this month of riots in the streets somehow hasn't spread the virus like wildfire??? 

I was actually terrified at first but as i've learned i'm feeling like it'll be fine. we're well past the lockdown phase... it's to wide spread. we need to keep it out of the nursing homes, and get back to work. get back to school. get back to our lives...  boost your immune system with fresh air, sunlight, vitamin D, don't touch strangers, and wash your hands. 

it'll be fine. 
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
Jesus has your head been up your arse? Evidence shows that surviving Covid once may not be the end of it and that there are potentially long lasting effects beyond respiratory problems.

But cool yeah, just let the virus run rampant through the population because if it doesn't wipe out the entirety of humanity then it's all fine? What the hell is wrong with you people?
:icondraggah-n:
Draggah-N Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
They are stupid as fuck and brainwashed on top of it, that's what's wrong with them.
um yes. pessimistic fear mongering...
Meanwhile, overreacted Taiwanese only have less than 500 cases.
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Edited Jul 13, 2020
Remind us how you lot were saying that exact same thing at the start and that it wouldn't reach even 10,000's let alone millions of cases? Tell me, who was right? Did we or did we not have a massive number of cases? Now the left warned about opening too quickly without precautions, idiots like you said it was all fine. Do please tell me, have the number of new cases been going up or down? Are records for number of new cases not being hit nearly every day? In fact tell me ANYTHING your lot who have constantly dismissed this have said which has actually been correct.
Why are you lot so far up your arses you can't even admit you are wrong and people are dying because of it? 100,000's dead is not pessimistic fear mongering, it is reality you insufferable little shit.
Now your side are trying to smear Fauci and make out he is the one who has been getting it all wrong and saying incorrect things / contradicting himself. Do you lot have no fucking sense of introspection at all!? How can ANYONE who supports Trump accuse anyone else of royally fucking up the response to this and not knowing what they are talking about? What sort of perverse mental gymnastics do you lot need to perform to come to that conclusion?
that's nice Rager... 
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Edited Jul 14, 2020
Coward. Can't you idiots just admit there is a problem and you got it wrong for once in your fucking lives? People are dead because of people like you but do you have any shame? No.
:iconwoodrowwoodthough:
WoodrowWoodThough Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I think this is a false news story. The guy wasn't expecting to get the virus and he did. There was no party. ABC is notorious for spreading false news that is heavily biased.

Nobody expects to get the virus. Nobody expects to die from it. But they sometimes do. That is all I got out of this story. It's no different if you get cancer. You can't predict that. You just get it.

What the story is really saying is, you should fear the unknown. Stay at home and vegetate just in case.
except cancer is not contagious. this shit is. if a Covid patient sneezes on you, you can get Covid. this is why we wear masks. to reduce the chances of airborne transmission.

no. dont stay home all the time. go out for walks too. just wear a mask if youre going inside public buildings (like the mall) or meeting people from another household.
WoodrowWoodThough Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm fine with what you said. I question the validity of the report of Covid parties. I don't think they happened. I want to see video or pictures of them. I want to see the invitations and flyers.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Professional Writer
ahhh okay
here's an independent news source (mostly self reported: video clips of people filming themselves at a July 4th party)
WoodrowWoodThough Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
July 4th is not a "Covid party". Lot's of people celebrated July 4th.
KaizenKitty Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2020  Professional Writer
true. well.... these particular people did get Covid right after the party :shrug:
WoodrowWoodThough Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree it's stupid to go to bars during while the virus is still raging. I never would do that. The only place I'll go is the grocery store or my families homes.
:icondraggah-n:
Draggah-N Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
You are so full of shit. ABC has consistently rated highly reliable.
:iconmeliran:
Meliran Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
When he doesn't have a retort, he resorts to calling other sources fake and requiring us to believe his claims without evidence. Push him on it enough and he'll mute you, claiming that you are somehow stifling his free speech.
and Covid cant be compared to Cancer!  :lol: :XD: :lmao:  
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Unlike cancer, Covid kills you faster!
WoodrowWoodThough Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
ABC is making stories up. They are notoriously biased.
Add a Comment: