COVID party?

abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-man-…

So...this is a story about a 30-year-old male who believed COVID was a hoax, so he attended a party that featured COVID-infected patients in the crowd, then...die due to the COVID.

Seriously, is this a thing in Western countries? Because COVID is a serious topic that shouldn't be taken lightly. And some of the Western people even advocate not to wear masks, that would just make the situation even worse.

Please, I know freedom is important, but your life and other people's lives are important, too.
Comments169
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Covid 19, is a bio-weapon, sent here buy the upside-down aliens, who live on the underside of the flat earth.

Donald Trump, is one of these aliens who has had plastic surgery to make him look more human. But as he comes from an upside-down race, his head is actually his butt and he speaks through his arsehole.
The upside down aliens you say?

demogorgon by Emfoofoo  

Aye, that will be them.

Apparently they are worried that if the Human race become too numerous, the flat disc of the earth will flip over and everyone will fall off.

bye Pc Turn off the Tv 

We live in a world of Chicken Little, Nostradamus, The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Cassandra and BREAKING NEWS!

People do not know what to believe.
I guess he get a Darwin award post morteum.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pox_part… - this was a thing once before vaccines had been developed and because of the belief that these diseases were less dangerous to children, and achieved absolute immunity.

The current situation is completely different.
The problem is that we are facing two pandemics,one of covid 19, One of stupidity.
We'll probably be able to do something about covid-19 eventually. However the other thing...No, I disagree! 
Wish it was just a 'Western thing' but it's not, across the globe 'healthy people' are believing that their age/status/'race' makes them immune to the worst effects of Covid.

This year the Darwin Awards are going to be overwhelmed with stoopid death candidates.

I'm starting to think that people who deliberately ignore these precautions should be charged with attempted murder, possibly even murder itself if someone dies because of it. This is ridiculous. This virus would've been gone by now if people had just used their brains and done what they were told.
Honestly Its hard to believe the level of stupid some people are. I am constantly doubting myself this is real.

Unless the covid party was composed of stupid tidepod challenge doing teenagers from the most low IQ in the location of Florida, I won't believe it.

I think its how tidepod challenge mindset manifests in right-leaning areas, in left areas its stuff like the tidepod challenge in right leaning areas its whatever thing the left calls super dangerous.

This isn't even a political thing. You can be left, right, middle or other and still be a fucking idiot.

Agreed, the right has fewer ways to act stupid because most of there ideas work in practice, still doesn't stop some of them from doing stupid things. I think this one news story might be fake(because the article is written in a strange manner) but the idea that some people are acting that way is still believable.

i'd be glad if only the stupid and reckless die of corona. 
the problem is that they can spread the virus and let everyone else get infected. 
The stupid will eliminate themselves.
The problem is, that they won't, most of them are young and fit and so stand a decent chance of survival.
The tragedy is that they will infect their sick and elderly relatives and neighbors, who will die.
//Seriously, is this a thing in Western countries?//

yes. Facepalm  Covid conspiracy theorists.  Asami facepalm plz  thankfully not everyone here is like that. but yes, we do have such people. (last week in the supermarket in my home town... no one was wearing a mask... Facepalm 2 ...)

.....is this  not  a thing in Eastern countries?  Mio (Surprised) [V2] 
maybe China and Japan should face time (Skype, Discord, etc) with people and proper educate them on how to wear a mask, because the people I see are completely clueless.  disturbing enough encountered two people that refused to wear a mask because of makeup, another because of their hair....  save some money?

Nope, mainly because we are f by the SARS before, so we have more experience with this kind of stuff.

And...not every Eastern country has "freedom" if you ask me, so they can only follow what the government wants them to do. Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea are relatively free compared to other Eastern countries, but even with that we still take the virus seriously(Our government locked down our island and got scold in Jan, but turns out to be the right decision).

Plus we are more focused on collectivism a little bit more, so that could be one of the reasons why conspiracies affect relatively small here, if you spread shitty rumor you might face some serious consequences.

Natural selection has to happen somehow...
welcome to America, where the stupidest (yes bad grammar) currently reside.  people not wearing masks properly, out rioting and protesting.  people not wearing masks at all, repeat.  people attending corona-chan parties, people spreading the disease... stupid is as stupid does...