Scientific question: How do you burn down a cell tower?

So, I've been wondering about this. How do you torch a cell tower? I mean, it's not like setting fire to a tree or anything. How does does one set steel on fire? Or is it just disinfo/misinfo?
Comments392
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pick up a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook.
As a scientist I can tell you that thermite can burn through quite a few metals but the real question is why the hell would you even consider that? Rick and Morty Emote - Rickity Reaction People who burn anything they don't own really need psychological help. There's more to life than mindless destruction.
I highly respect your username and avatar. #TeamRick

Does "burning anything they don't own" also imclude smoking other people's cigarettes?

I might be doomed...
I mean you could knock it over and burn it away with acid.. if you wanted a magnezium powder to cover it in, a compound I mean
made to burn steel, you can do that.. I guess you need a paste, but even then I think it would burn, and the steel won't catch fire, there's too much wind
huge difference
Alter your DNA to become a firebender. 
I've altered DNA before. It was a bad move. Don't do it unless you want a world full of cronenbergs.

Oh ewwwwwwwwww. I have seen DNA alterations go right though.

Like the biohacker who gave himself thermal vision temporarily?

Yeah, that would be an awesome sight to see for sure! Maybe have him harvest some plasmids from the bottom of the ocean know what I mean?
Same way arsonists have been doing it for 150 years: Gasoline.

Actually, can I ask you something? Something kind of personal? Can take it in a note if you like.
Comment Flagged as Spam

Good point. I stand corrected.

I hope no moderator who reads this considers it dissemination of dangerous information since - I mean, come on - if some aspiring terrorist can't figure out on their own that gasoline burns, they probably aren't much to worry about.

Sure. From the sounds of it, might be wise to make it a note.
Just don't let him to actually do the deed, you hear? He's clearly planning something nasty, I can feel it.
The reply above you was about a personal message. And before you even ask, the matter is none of your business.

You really are either malicious, or inept in reading people. Quite possibly both.

I know all about it of course. But still, it's once again a given that no 'normal' person would ever create a threat like this without at least considering to do the deed in question.

When you are trying interfere in 2 way, personal communication between two individuals, that's a new low, even for you. And you don't have any clue as to what we talked about, so you can shove it. None of your business.

View all replies
The same way a car battery can cause itself to spontaneously combust.
arson is against the law in many places.  let's hope they are arresting them since so many idiots are recording it and uploading it to sites...  pretty much saves the cops endless hours of investigating...  but it appears they are setting fire to the equipment and then probably using some sort of something to fuel the flames.  that's what I gather from the YouTube videos I were finding.
Even tho this guy has already stated that he's not going to do the deed, there's the implication that this is exactly what he would do if it wasn't illegal...
well if there is a tower that goes up in smoke in their area the police can simply check sites, history and other stuff and that'll solve that one real quick.  it's a shame how tin foil hat people's mentality can be.  I know there's a chance that it can cause cancer to form early in people, clutter up the scenery and some people can have wifi sickness, but it doesn't spread corona-chan.
That's not exactly standard practice for police. It's actually an excessive waste of precious e-resources to hunt down minor-league arsonists like that. More likely, they'll find him through other means (in Britain, everything's recorded), and then check his browsing history if they don't have a solid enough case. Remember, internet crimes tend to go unpunished because it takes expertise to find it, and it often plays as too technical in courts to get much traction.