Highland Park Shooting-- Breaking Story

Two suspects entered STEM Highland Park School Middle School. Only eight miles from the scene of Columbine.

They opened fire injuring eight before being apprehended by the Police Sheriff and Police crew.

Seven of the Eight injured are in critical-critical condition and are highly unlikely to live from their injuries. The motivation of the attack and the full identity of the perpetrators is currently unknown. Stay tuned to the news for further information.
Comments475
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hey yes man anything updated on this topic?
One student died from his injuries, Kendrick Costello, after he jumped on the shooter and was fatally wounded. The rest despite low chance of recovery have been released from the hospital.

Both shooters have been apprehended and are being tried. Devon Erickson, 18; and Alec McKinney, 16. Both are being tried as adults and are facing over 48 criminal charges each. Both attended the school in question.

Once again it's the classic case of that both shooters were determined to be potential school shooters and the FBI ignored it.
thanks for the update it’s weird that the fed’s ignore this kind of threat. but thanks for the update.
No problem. Honestly it's the norm at this point that the FBI failed. Almost every school shooter in recent memory was previously known to be a possible danger, but the FBI didn't do much. Heck, they didn't stop them where I lived either, here the god damn vice-Principal had to deal with the issue.
No sympathy from me anymore

This country knew for years about the frequent shooting problem and the solutions on how to solve it, yet no one's willing whatsoever to actually do anything about it and instead prefer to make a myriad of excuses if it means holding zero responsibility for the problem whatsoever, a fact every thread on this topic, including this thread, reflects

(in before some assmad loser replies to my comment mentioning the US Constitution in any thus proving the very point I am making)
The solution isn't to take away the guns - then they will use stones, knives, or even fists just as easily.
The solution is to instill the feeling of "ANY human life is sacred" into people who now think that the word "sacred" is itself sacrilege and taboo.
Inb4 some trolls showing up and proving OUR pointS.
Looking at gangbanger culture will tell you everything; it's not the guns, it's having no respect for your fellow man.
It's only a part of the problem, but the source of all of it is the same.
There are multiple factors in the frequent shooting problem, and the guns themselves are just one of them

Poor education, bad parenting, and poor mental health are all major players in why public shootings are so frequent in the US, as is the previously mentioned lack of backbone from politicians
Backbone of politicians? What solutions do you think will solve the US's "Mass shooting problem"?
The reason why they make no effort to solve this frequent shooting problem is because most politicians these days are beholden to corporate interests, some of which involving firearms. I reckon you might know the answer, but have people no sense of integrity anymore these days?
Shutting the NRA down is one idea, along with removing a large amount of the guns in the country
Mm-hmm.

God, why can't people control themselves when it comes to guns? They either give into their own anger and hatred caused by some kind of trauma and use a gun to take it out on others, or they feel powerful when holding a gun.
Yeah, nobody should have that kind of power over life and death.
So someone's really frustrated at being bullied badly for whatever reason. It doesn't mean that they should use a gun and take it out on others! 
Indeed. What a messed up world this has become...
View all replies
*Snap*

Yep. That one's going in my "This is what Leftists actually believe" compilation.
(The following is NOT targeted at the OP.)
I know that nobody will really care for any other reaction but monkeying and trolling this post, but:
There's one simple reason behind ALL these shootings - atheism and its child, nihilism.
If YOU see no reason for YOUR life to happen (it's a mere random particle movement) - why would you care for that reason in OTHERS?
So, do continue to troll this fact, because apparently this will give YOU a reason to exist.
Or WILL it?
Full-bore atheism is definitely a problem, I've seen what happens to people going down this path. I say it's far better to become a mystic dude / cult leader yourself rather than A FOLLOWER or A REBEL. Both of those can be blind.
"Cults" have EXACTLY the same problem as "atheism".
None of them gives you a PURPOSE in life that would be "higher than you".
Probably because for all the mumbo-jumbo of the cults, they never TEACH you how to actually FEEL happy - at best, they only PROMISE you that feeling "some day, next life".
My point is that only someone who FEELS happy NOW, is not gonna shoot at someone "out of boredom".
And cults can never MAKE anyone actually HAPPY in the first place, unless they are critically dumb.
Well, it's bad to follow someone else's prescription-- but what if you take the stance that every person is an expression of God and an active creator in their own right? That can have a purpose if you're doing your own alchemical Christ-transformation.
Are you talking to me? :o
Yet it's weird that the vast majority of prison inmates by percentage are NOT atheists. Are we all criminal geniuses able to get away with our crime waves? 
Don't they convert to join a gang? Or does making such a statement contribute to "good behavior" and a possible early release?