Evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated his own attack.

Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack.
February 16, 2019.

:bulletred: Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

:bulletred: The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

:bulletred: Chicago police are "eager to speak to Jussie Smollett" after new information emerged following the interrogation of two brothers in the investigation into the alleged attack of the "Empire" star.  Early Saturday police said they had new information that “could change the story entirely.

The sources told CNN that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

Initially, the two men - Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, who are brothers - were considered potential suspects because they admitted to police that they were at the scene, that they were the men in the images and because police had probable cause they could be the attackers. 

Police confirmed that the two men, who are U.S. citizens of Nigerian descent, are brothers. They also said that the two “have a relationship with [Jussie].” One of the men has appeared on "Empire".

:bulletred: On Saturday, after their release the night before, police said they were no long potential suspects and again persons of interest, saying that they may still have information that is helpful to the investigation.

The alleged attack:

:bulletblue: Smollett identifies as gay and since 2015 has played the gay character of Jamal on the Fox TV drama "Empire."

:bulletred: In the early morning hours of Jan. 29, Smollett reported that he was walking outside when he was attacked by two men. The attackers shouted racist and homophobic slurs before hitting him, pouring “an unknown chemical substance” on him — possibly bleach — and wrapping a rope around his neck, he told detectives.

Police were told the two men yelled "'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er'" while striking him.

Police confirmed phone records show that during the attack, Smollett was on the phone with Brandon Moore, his music manager. Both claim that the alleged attackers yelled "MAGA country."

Police raided the home of the two men on Wednesday night to search for possible evidence and retrieved shoes, electronic devices, bleach and a red hat, among other items, according to photos of an inventory log confirmed to ABC News. The inventory log, first reported by a local CBS station, also contained a description for an item saying "Script-Empire."

The GMA Interview:

Smollett gave his first detailed account of what he says was a hate crime against him, and the aftermath, in an interview with "Good Morning America" that aired Thursday. During the interview he expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

:bulletred: Smollett also refuted reports that said he told police the attackers wore "Make America Great Again" hats.

"I never said that," he told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."

Sources:
:bulletpink: Your thoughts?

:bulletpink: Do you think Jussie Smollett orchestrated an attack on himself, and if so, for what purpose?

:bulletpink: If he did orchestrate an attack on himself, what should he be charged with and how much jail time (if any) should he receive?

*Updated with more information and for formatting.
Comments69
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
UPDATE:
Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts for allegedly making false reports.
March 8, 2019.

:bulletred: "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, who authorities say filed false reports of a crime, has been indicted on 16 felony counts by a Cook County grand jury.

:bulletred: The indictment charges Smollett, 36, with 16 counts of disorderly conduct.

Mark Geragos, one of Smollett's attorneys and a CNN legal analyst, said the actor maintains his innocence and called the indictment "prosecutorial overkill."

The producers behind "Empire" decided to remove Smollett's character, Jamal, from the final two episodes of the season. The decision was made to "avoid further disruption on set," producers said.

Smollett was charged in February with felony disorderly conduct. The judge granted a $100,000 bail, and Smollett paid a $10,000 bond. He was ordered to give up his passport and will remain under supervision until his case is adjudicated.

Source: CNN - www.cnn.com/2019/03/08/enterta…
not surprising. collectivist celebrities have a habbit of turing to artificial victimisation when things dont go their way.
especially if they can blame people who are any combination of heterosexual, white and male.
He's garbage.

First I was sympathetic, and then turns out it was fake and then I went to frustration and then anger.
Now he's dropped by Empire, I wonder how they're gonna kill off his character. Hopefully not something ironic like "he wuz attacked by real racists and DIED" that would suck
Funny enough, he DID claimed the show was going to kill the character off for attention before he got caught lying.
Maybe he was gonna be dropped all along and he tried this stunt to create such a pity party, they wouldn't dare?
If he foresaw his own future, he did his job well. :lol:
Jussie Smollett? Kamala Harris' nephew? That Jussie Smollett?
Wew that person not related to that other person, yes that person.
WEW ???

Sorry no habla Tagalog
Maybe he has an attack and imprisonment fetish? :stare:
Comment Flagged as Spam
First an internet nobody and now a somewhat famous TV actor.
I was calling fowl before it became fowl.  I figured it was a stunt for that horrible show.  if he is found guilty I hope he serves time or at least ti goes on his record.  people need to stop calling out wolf, it's taking away time from cops who are trying to catch the real criminals as well as it's causing people to have doubts now when it comes to criminals and "innocent". I suppose those 3 years would seem right, but, with the person he'll probably be parked in some fluff prison or get probation or ankle bracelet punishment.  the "system" is too "soft" on Hollywood.
Who the fuck is that and how is it news?
Reading the OP might explain much. lol
Ah I see, another fake hate crime

There sure are more fake hate crimes than actual ones, and yet whenever some retard comes with such a story, the lamestream media immediately jumps on it because it fits their fake ass narrative
The only part of this that surprises me is that someone could plan that out in advance and still end up with such a suspicious story.
Apparently it wasn't the best plan.
An actor from a Fox show no one watches.
No one watches? You must be living under a rock. It's one of the highest rated shows from Fox and Imagine Entertainment (Ron Howard and Brian Grazer's company). If no one watches it, it wouldn't have made it up to five seasons now would it?
Well, the people who made the show is smart enough to get rid of Jussie after he was caught lying his ass off to the cops and wasting their time and resources.