Fox News is now Credible?

Everyday I keep meeting more and more people who consider themselves right winged politically, both on the Internet and IRL. What strikes me is that they say that they get most if not all of their information from Fox News. At first I wrote it off as them being in a very small minority, but then I learned to my surprise that a very large amount of people actually consider Fox News to be their best most trustworthy news organization, and quite frankly its kind of scary when you realize that they have the highest cable TV ratings (Not that cable TV ratings mean anything in the year 2019).

Yes I know that CNN and MSNBC are guilty of pandering to the left in recent years, But Fox has been doing the exact same thing with the right for over a decade now. They both use fallacies and arguments such as ad ignorantiam, ad hominem, avoiding the issue, and straw man. 
Comments127
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I also like how people assume Democrats or liberals get their news from CNN or MSNBC. To be honest, like FOX news they are full of shit too. 
Tommy Robinson caught out the BBC ... red handed working with "Hate not Hope"
   a Soros group trying to stitch Tommy right up! ...
      watch this incredible MSM lying, bending the truth 
youtu.be/wNd2bvLvyk4    
Sorry about spelling I'm very dyslexic :)
Sorry ! ...it's "hope not hate"  :)
Your lying.

Look at their ratings, then compare it to the website traffic of drudge and breit art and talk radio.

Fox is not the juggernaut you types think it is
LOL! Drudge Report and Breitbart are even less credible than CNN and FOX!
This is well known. Fox "news" is the highest rated "news" network.
I'm not arguing that, I'm saying their ratings are shit compared to drudge and talk radio.
Okay. I don't really follow what you mean about ratings. Drudge and talk radio are not mainstream anything.
Dude rush Limbaugh gets over ten million listeners a day...O'Reilly got three million on a good night.

Drudge gets close to a billion hits a month.
I don't know anyone who pays attention to Drudge. It's a propaganda rag. Brietbart is better. So is Fox. For right wing propaganda.

CNN has lost control. The Wash Post lost it. The New York Times lost it.

The only way to learn anything is from listening to them all and weeding out the chafe. I weed out most everything Limbaugh or Hannity say because their agenda is transparent, predictable, and usually irrelevant. So is Drudge.
Your downplaying drudge. He is pound for pound the biggest and most influential person in news.

He also aggregates news he doesn't write it.

He posts everything from msnbc, to Infowars and everything in between.

Talk radio is entertainment for right wingers and news on the go so to speak. That's what it's meant to be.
View all replies
Fox "news" is a well known slanted and biased platform for right wing ideology. I don't trust them. But I read them anyway. Otherwise I have no idea what these people are thinking.

And I support "free speech". They have a right to their propaganda.
Fox "news" is a well known slanted and biased platform for right wing ideology.

lol
Don't be too surprised. Fox has always had a conscious business model, and they've evolved more quickly than the likes of CNN. Tucker Carlson in particular is really experienced at perpetuating propaganda to where it's hard to spot with an untrained eye, and the network has basically used him as an appeal to a newer generation. Here is a good example.
I agree. Tucker Carlson is slippery. Occasionally reasonable, occasionally bat-chit crazy. In fact people have accused him of secretly supporting leftist ideology. But that is the right wingers who don't like soft politics.
Whenever he's on point, it's usually only because the facts suit the narrative he's trying to push. I think one of his strategies is to give positive coverage to progressives that have been treated poorly by the DNC because he thinks it will help fracture the Democratic Party. (As someone personally who is on the left, all I can say is thanks for the free advertising. lol)

The conversation between him and Rutger is a good example of this I think; he knew this coming onto the show and I think he wanted to prevent Tucker Carlson from redirecting the conversation onto attacking "limousine liberals" and such. Twisting the knife the way he did was a surefire way to get kicked off though.
True. He plays games but his loyalty is to his billionaire boss. Like that Dutch historian said he is a "millionaire made by billionaires".
Hannity is a fringe player. I can't stand him. The fact Trump knows him personally is disconcerting.
Hannity also Sounds like Tom Kenny (AKA the voice of Spongebob.) After a decade of Whiskey and Tobacco consumption.
I never noticed. I think he was a pill addict. He might still be.
never has been, never will but that goes for every publicly owned news site. if you need quotable sources just take a look at what these news articles from these outlets used as their source
"Fox and friends" would have been a good name for a Jim Henson show.

I don't know what Fox & friends is about in any detail. I just know the title is wasted.
That's actually one of the most hardcore shows on fox, after Tucker.

It's actually pathetic