What if only good comedians were allowed to run for office?

How do you think America would be, if for the next election, only comedians were allowed in. It's probably hard to attack someone if you're laughing to the point of tears, and even if there was scandal, I bet they could find a way to put a funny spin on the matter...right? :p

There could be a lineup like

Steve Martin -Pres
Martin short -Vp
Bill Murray -House Speaker
Secretary of state -Will Smith
Secretary of Defense -Billy Crystal
Ambassador to the UN -Will Ferrel.
Eddie Murphy -Attorney General
Etc.

Trump had 0 experience in politics before coming into office, he was just some actor guy who owned some business. If he can get in, those people, if they wanted to, probably could too.
Of course this is in jest, but I think it'd make for an interesting USA. :lol:
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
wait isn't that already been happening for centuries now?  but it would be a boring election, because I don't think any of the modern comedians are funny, they are stupid, they have nothing and they are boring. 
"Weird Al" Yankovic for White House Press Secretary
Jeff Dunham as the U.N. ambassador
Steven Colbert as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
Id rather have Rodney Dangerfield as president. Simply for the fact that he portrays a rich obnoxious white guy better than Trump ever could. And Trump actually is the epitome of a rich obnoxious white guy.
Dangerfield might have been pretty good. Anyone alive to top the list though?
You couldn't have had this idea when George Carlin was still alive?
There is no way in hell he would ever run.
A man can dream though.
I would have had to have made the suggestion at age 12, 4  years before carlin died.
How about Leslie Neilson for Pres?
If he was alive still, sure. He could have improved upon the police squad in the us.
I haven't seen him in anything for years.
Murphy should be President.  He's the smartest.
Perhaps, who would be his vp?
I haven't seen him in anything for years.
Queen Latifah should be president.
Hmm...she's got potential. Do you feel she's a good comedian?
Oh, I am almost completely clueless about US comedians.

I've only seen some of Chris Rock and Robin Williams, Jeff Dunhan (the guy who does Achmed the terrorist), and George Calin (the guy whos very outspoken against religion, while honestly being at the same time very clueless about it).

Other than that I only know german comedians. I'm a huge fan of Volker Pispers and even since he stopped I miss that guy very, very dearly. No other comedian comes even remotely close to Pispers. Without his sharp analysis and brilliant black humor politics is much, much less bearable. You cannot even laugh anymore about it all.

Queen Latifah however has all what I would like in a president - she's very nice, funny, charismatic, and most importantly she'd be benevolent.

How clueless is George Carlin about religion?  I saw him bash the Ten Commandments good.
Watch Dogma. Where he played a Catholic Cardinal.
Everything would be a joke :) (Smile) 
You mean nothing would actually change?! :lol: