The USA is not America #TheUSAisNotAmerica

America is a continent, here is a map:

Americas Map by SeaDragon666

Can you see it? can you see how big it is? The USA is a country that is located in America.... but by no means it is America. I know that for some people this is very hard to understand.... :no: low IQ people, with low education levels, cannot get this...

The citizens of the USA call themselves Americans, and since they are people that live in the continent called America.... yes, that is ok.... but Brazilians are also Americans, and Colombians, and Argentinians, Mexicans and Canadians are all Americans.... and pretty much everyone that lives on this continent called America is an American :aww:

Now, the citizens of the USA are well-known as:

Gringo www.urbandictionary.com/define…

United Statians www.urbandictionary.com/define…

Estadounidenses en.wiktionary.org/wiki/estadou…

Americunts www.urbandictionary.com/define…

etc... etc....

Do you get it now?

Please help me spread knowledge around the world and let's talk about this. Use the hashtag #TheUSAisNotAmerica :) 
Comments199
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like to remind people of this occasionally who are around me.

"I'm from America"

"Which one, North, south or central?"
Is this really worth worrying about? What are the dangers of this problem? How could this potentially damage people?

Im just asking questions. Im not an offended Gringo, in fact, im not a Gringo at all, im just curious.
It is a good point just to bug them :lol:
These United States of America are the very core of what America is all about!  From the onset our founding fathers declared us to be ".....the United States of America"....simply put, AMERICANS!

Just because these days we have a bunch of ".....Johnny-Come-Latelies" that wish to identify with our power and success (a.k.a. penis envy), and want to jump on our bandwagon doesn't make them the same Americans as WE are. Los Estados Unidos de Mejico???  I have NEVER  seen the tag word attached to their official country name, nor to that of the proud Canadians.

And you, and your ilk, may mock our name, our success, and our power, but as I have always said,  "You are wearing your envy, jealousy, and fear on your shirtsleeve, and it is not very becoming of a Gentleman!"
People don't envy the USA, on the contrary, many of your actions taint the real Americans. The Real Americans are all the citizens of the Americas, and USA citizens give a whole continent a bad reputation.

This is a citizen of the USA: 

Mature Content

The Faerie Godfather by DAPoliticalForum

This is an Aztec Goddess, a real American: 

Mature Content

Aztec Goddess. by expozure

Now read your bullshit again, it is obvious that the citizens of the USA are an embarrassment to real Americans :nod:
What is blatantly obvious to me is that I have made a tactical mistake.  I thought that I was dealing with a much more seasoned and mature debater, and not just a bored juvenile.    I am not even going to respond to the drivel you posted.  Instead I am going to tell you that there are a lot more serious problems between the Americas than if some distraught teen girl in Tierra del Fuego doesn't get called " an American!", and you get butt-hurt about it.
That teen in Tierra del Fuego is more American than you are :| 

and that is the point of this thread. 
Again, I am more concerned with the children living in the sewers of Bogota, the fast disappearing rain forest of South America, the murder of Guatemalan illegal immigrants along Mexico's southern border, the exploitation of salt and gold mines, and oil fields, the uneven distribution of wealth from NAFTA,  and the tight fist that governments have on the throats of its South American citizens.

If a South American citizen were to be born, grow old, and die and the worst problem they had was that they were never called an American then they would have had a rich and joyous life.  Meanwhile, the planet will keep spinning, and people from countries around the globe shall continue referring to the Yanquis as the Americans,.....and rightfully so. 
The USA is the cause of all the problems you listed, in part because of the ignorant idea that people outside the USA are not Americans. :nod:
Mexicans are Americans, and so are Peruvians and Chileans.
People who live in the USA are Usaians. Get used to it dudes.
We need to let them know that, because they ignore this very simple fact :nod:
I remember talking to Herikayela about this.
Hahah, I would still be discussing about the topic.
We use both words "estadounidenses" (formal) and "gringos" (informal).
I think most people outside the USA find this issue troubling :nod:

It makes no sense for the USA to steal the name America just for them, when America is the whole continent.
Troubling no, unless getting annoyed by it counts then yes; I tried assuming they use it as they don't have a "proper name" because look, "Unites States of America", those are three words but not exactly a name less for America, and probably they didn't think it would be much trouble if they used it as name and took it as they did not want to say "United States of America", "United States of America", so "for short" is "America".

But I understand what you mean, I know the feeling.
They can always say USA, USA!!! :shakefist:
Technically, 2-3 continents (North America, South America, and possibly Central America as a separate space bridging the two), containing 2-3 cultural regions (N. America, and possibly either C. America and S. America, or "Latin America", the Spanish-speaking majority of the Americas consisting of Mexico and pretty much everything south of it).

"The United States of North America" would have been a little cumbersome as a name. ^^;

Hopefully a free and prosperous "United States of South America"/"South American Union" rises from the ashes of the failures of Communism and theocracy in South America.
They speak Portuguese in Brazil, French in Haiti, and the French Guiana, I believe English in Surinam... I am not sure, but Spanish isn’t the only language spoken south of Mexico :nod:
In Costa Rica it is also spoken English and is used almost as mother language; and well, you know, as there are descendants of different ancient cultures there are these like nahuátl or quechua (but not common languages in their own countries).
yeah, here in Canada some native tribes also speak weird languages :nod:
View all replies