Where in the Bible does it say . . .

That gays go to hell?
That asexuality is bad?
That people who don’t believe in god will go to hell?

Cause according to the Bible, slavery is allowed too-
You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 

Also, it condemns the disabled- which we now know isn’t a “curse of the devil” or anything like that:
Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken ... He shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries. Leviticus 21:17-23

If these people we so holy and blessed by God and this is such a sacred book that we should all live our lives by, why do we ignore the passages like this?

So why the heck do people take everything so *literally* today?
I am Catholic, so don’t be accusing me of being an atheist, but I think that Karen’s should start taking everything with a grain of salt. A lot has changed in 2,000 years.

Edit: I’ll close this in 24 hours just because I know I’ll wake up to a dozen notifications.
Please be respectful of other’s opinions! :)
Comments64
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nothing has changed in 2,000 years.  Satan still tells the same old lies.
I'd say he has added a few newer ones.
There was hardly any "atheism" back then, though it's indeed nothing but another form of a human-worship idolatry.
There was hardly any outspoken Atheism back then because the Theists in charge tended to banish, murder, and torture those who didn't worship their deity in their way. Outspoken Atheism sprouts up when people are allowed to question religious authority without fear for their lives.
I'm Catholic as well.

Slavery was completely different back then to how we see it. If Israel, if you were a slave, you were working off a debt you owed and you could not be held more than seven years. Even today we practice methods of working off debts owed, we just don't use "slave" as a term.

While it did permit the purchase of slaves from pagan cities there was a loophole is the said pagan wanted to get out of slavery. Simply eat something declared unclean like pork. Or they could simply run away. 
Deuteronomy 23:15 specifically forbids returning a runaway slave to his/her master. "If slaves should escape from their masters and take refuge with you, you must not hand them over to their masters."

The Bible makes it very clear in Exodus 21:16 kidnapping someone and selling them into slavery is evil. "
Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession."

When people try to attack Christianity using slavery as their reasoning, more often than not they compare it to what America did which wasn't the same thing. I would recommend reading "The Bible against slavery" by Theodore D. Weld so you can a better understanding.

The Bible Against Slavery : Theodore D. Weld : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

I would argue about the "eating pork" point, lol. It kinda came out of nowhere.
But the rest is more or less on-point.
Also, there was a very literal law against physically abusing even a non-Jewish slave:
If the owner as much as punched his slave's TOOTH out - the slave was freed for free due to that assault.
Proof: www.chabad.org/library/bible_c…
That's definitely a ZILLION times better than the "American style slavery", mind you.
Yet I bet that pretty much all of those "Biblical slavery hurr-durr" proponents have NO CLUE about this "little fact", like AT ALL.
Yup.
A lot has changed in 2,000 years.  A lot also hasn't changed in over 4,000 years, namely, Human Nature. You've also failed to understand the Biblical Law, according to it's intent, which intent was to be a symbolic example.

Slavery still exists today, and it will probably never cease to exist in one form or another, so long as Humanity remains Humans.

The disabled are NOT condemned, they are just not permitted to offer sacrificed in the holiest portion of the temple, the altar and the veil.

People ignore those passages, because it is politically expedient to do so, and also because they do not understand the whole of the Text of the Bible, and choose instead to not bother thinking about it and instead adopting the "moral" standards of those around them for expediency's sake.
... And here we have the idiot trying to insert himself...

Looking in a mirror much?

No no, I've had disagreements with this person but that is pretty much on the mark. The Christians/Jews/Muslims ignore the crap in their books for expediency. But you are right in that it's an idiotic position.
Church is just weird in my opinion. You have sex? You're sinner! Only priests who doesn't do it are pure! You are asexual so you don't do sex? Well shit, you're a fucking sinner!
Loving Jesus that is male or even getting married with Jesus (Yes, it's a thing) is good. Loving any other male = SIN!
What church are you talking about? The Bible doesn't say sex itself is a sin.
How can be sex a sin if the Song  of Solomon talks a lot about sex? However certain types of sex are wrong such as beastiality, homosexual sex, and promiscuous / unmarried sex. 

Polish church if it makes any sense.

Yeah, the church is weird lol. The points you made are all valid!
I also don’t think that the church’s views on gays/transgenders are valid either. We just finished up classes on pheromones (and whether or not the exist lol) and there’s scientific proof that lesbians/gays don’t really have a choice, as well as transgenders.
also- church people disproved evolution for a long time, promoted flat earth- what’s next that they’ll be disproven from?
don’t get me wrong, I’m religious, but some things are just whack

We are living in the XXI century and my teacher from technical school was believing that dinosaurs weren't real because they are not in the bible. The bones are just to test belief in god xDD

Oh my gosh, really?? That’s hysterical and it made my day LOL

If someone wants to believe in God himself, should leave the church. It's one big gang of liars, pedophiles, gamblers etc.

Not all of course. But you know how it works.
Comment Flagged as Spam
Where does the Bible talk about a lesser heaven? I’ve never heard that before
Where in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is bad?
the only thing I can find is this, and I think it does a good job of explaining some commonly misinterpreted texts. Can you find anymore though?
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/…
Comment Flagged as Spam
Hm, so the old testament applies still?

So what did you do last Saturday? Noooo reason...

Well, we are born the way we are, and god loves us for that.

Using the Bible scriptures to condemn any peoples is condsidered abusive.

https://theconversation.com/using-the-bible-against-lgbtq-people-is-an-abuse-of-scripture-110128

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:113-14)

Another "Christian" antisemite.
Or maybe just the same old smelly TROLL.
Doesn't really matter, indeed.