Link

Statistics

Replies: 62

Where in the Bible does it say . . .

:iconcynderfireforever:
CynderfireForever Featured By Owner Edited Nov 20, 2020  Professional Writer
That gays go to hell?
That asexuality is bad?
That people who don’t believe in god will go to hell?

Cause according to the Bible, slavery is allowed too-
You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 

Also, it condemns the disabled- which we now know isn’t a “curse of the devil” or anything like that:
Whosoever ... hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken ... He shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries. Leviticus 21:17-23

If these people we so holy and blessed by God and this is such a sacred book that we should all live our lives by, why do we ignore the passages like this?

So why the heck do people take everything so *literally* today?
I am Catholic, so don’t be accusing me of being an atheist, but I think that Karen’s should start taking everything with a grain of salt. A lot has changed in 2,000 years.

Edit: I’ll close this in 24 hours just because I know I’ll wake up to a dozen notifications.
Please be respectful of other’s opinions! :)

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icongrazemasque:
Grazemasque Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2020
Nothing has changed in 2,000 years.  Satan still tells the same old lies.
:iconkoshej:
Koshej Featured By Owner 6 days ago
I'd say he has added a few newer ones.
There was hardly any "atheism" back then, though it's indeed nothing but another form of a human-worship idolatry.
:iconmaskeddeviantreturns:
MaskedDeviantReturns Featured By Owner 6 days ago
There was hardly any outspoken Atheism back then because the Theists in charge tended to banish, murder, and torture those who didn't worship their deity in their way. Outspoken Atheism sprouts up when people are allowed to question religious authority without fear for their lives.
:iconpencilartguy:
Pencilartguy Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2020
I'm Catholic as well.

Slavery was completely different back then to how we see it. If Israel, if you were a slave, you were working off a debt you owed and you could not be held more than seven years. Even today we practice methods of working off debts owed, we just don't use "slave" as a term.

While it did permit the purchase of slaves from pagan cities there was a loophole is the said pagan wanted to get out of slavery. Simply eat something declared unclean like pork. Or they could simply run away. 
Deuteronomy 23:15 specifically forbids returning a runaway slave to his/her master. "If slaves should escape from their masters and take refuge with you, you must not hand them over to their masters."

The Bible makes it very clear in Exodus 21:16 kidnapping someone and selling them into slavery is evil. "
Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession."

When people try to attack Christianity using slavery as their reasoning, more often than not they compare it to what America did which wasn't the same thing. I would recommend reading "The Bible against slavery" by Theodore D. Weld so you can a better understanding.

The Bible Against Slavery : Theodore D. Weld : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Koshej Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2020
I would argue about the "eating pork" point, lol. It kinda came out of nowhere.
But the rest is more or less on-point.
Also, there was a very literal law against physically abusing even a non-Jewish slave:
If the owner as much as punched his slave's TOOTH out - the slave was freed for free due to that assault.
Proof: www.chabad.org/library/bible_c…
That's definitely a ZILLION times better than the "American style slavery", mind you.
Yet I bet that pretty much all of those "Biblical slavery hurr-durr" proponents have NO CLUE about this "little fact", like AT ALL.
Yup.
:iconenryoalpha:
EnryoAlpha Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020
A lot has changed in 2,000 years.  A lot also hasn't changed in over 4,000 years, namely, Human Nature. You've also failed to understand the Biblical Law, according to it's intent, which intent was to be a symbolic example.

Slavery still exists today, and it will probably never cease to exist in one form or another, so long as Humanity remains Humans.

The disabled are NOT condemned, they are just not permitted to offer sacrificed in the holiest portion of the temple, the altar and the veil.

People ignore those passages, because it is politically expedient to do so, and also because they do not understand the whole of the Text of the Bible, and choose instead to not bother thinking about it and instead adopting the "moral" standards of those around them for expediency's sake.
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2020  Student Digital Artist
... And here we have the idiot trying to insert himself...
:iconenryoalpha:
EnryoAlpha Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2020
Looking in a mirror much?
:icongrievousiscariot:
grievousiscariot Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2020
No no, I've had disagreements with this person but that is pretty much on the mark. The Christians/Jews/Muslims ignore the crap in their books for expediency. But you are right in that it's an idiotic position.
:iconkirkechan:
KirkeChan Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Church is just weird in my opinion. You have sex? You're sinner! Only priests who doesn't do it are pure! You are asexual so you don't do sex? Well shit, you're a fucking sinner!
Loving Jesus that is male or even getting married with Jesus (Yes, it's a thing) is good. Loving any other male = SIN!
:iconcooldas:
cooldas Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What church are you talking about? The Bible doesn't say sex itself is a sin.
:iconhaleyfeels:
HaleyFeels Featured By Owner 14 hours ago
How can be sex a sin if the Song  of Solomon talks a lot about sex? However certain types of sex are wrong such as beastiality, homosexual sex, and promiscuous / unmarried sex. 
KirkeChan Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Polish church if it makes any sense.
CynderfireForever Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Professional Writer
Yeah, the church is weird lol. The points you made are all valid!
I also don’t think that the church’s views on gays/transgenders are valid either. We just finished up classes on pheromones (and whether or not the exist lol) and there’s scientific proof that lesbians/gays don’t really have a choice, as well as transgenders.
also- church people disproved evolution for a long time, promoted flat earth- what’s next that they’ll be disproven from?
don’t get me wrong, I’m religious, but some things are just whack
KirkeChan Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
We are living in the XXI century and my teacher from technical school was believing that dinosaurs weren't real because they are not in the bible. The bones are just to test belief in god xDD
Oh my gosh, really?? That’s hysterical and it made my day LOL
:iconeshkerigal:
Eshkerigal Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If someone wants to believe in God himself, should leave the church. It's one big gang of liars, pedophiles, gamblers etc.

Not all of course. But you know how it works.
:iconcyberrobotnix:
CyberRobotnix Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Atheists are sent to what is described in the bible as "a lesser heaven", it's basically the limbo, complete darkness with literally nothing in it.

There's nothing wrong about asexuality in the bible.

The bible describes homosexuality as an abomination, yeah that's it.
:icontheunstoppabletaco:
TheUnstoppableTaco Featured By Owner 1 day ago
Where does the Bible talk about a lesser heaven? I’ve never heard that before
Where in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is bad?
the only thing I can find is this, and I think it does a good job of explaining some commonly misinterpreted texts. Can you find anymore though?
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/…
:iconcyberrobotnix:
CyberRobotnix Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13
Facts don't care about you feelings, that's what's written in the bible, unless there's something that I somehow missed.
Well, we are born the way we are, and god loves us for that.
Using the Bible scriptures to condemn any peoples is condsidered abusive.
https://theconversation.com/using-the-bible-against-lgbtq-people-is-an-abuse-of-scripture-110128
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:113-14)
Koshej Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020
Another "Christian" antisemite.
Or maybe just the same old smelly TROLL.
Doesn't really matter, indeed.
Literally everyone is an antisemite in your twisted mind. It has gotten to the point where that word has no meaning coming from you, Karen.
CynderfireForever Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Professional Writer
I'm not against Jewish people. My cousins are jewish and some of the nicest people I know! I was just using the bible because that is the only holy book that I know.
Have a good day though, and stay strong through covid!
Are you one of those weird Christians who refer to passages in the Torah (not the same as the Bible, and not EXACTLY the same as the latter's "first part" either) for denigrating remarks, but don't feel obligated by any of them as far as yourself goes?
Cause that's "a bit" hypocritical, no?
Also, just curious, who exactly is Jewish in your cousins' family?
I have not read any of the Torah, so I cannot answer any of the first question!
And my uncle is Jewish while my aunt is from a christian denomination. They raised their kids as a mix of both, and I remember growing up hearing about their Hanukkah and some other jewish traditions.
I see, thanks for answering the second question (which translates to "your cousins are NOT Jewish", by the way).
The first is kinda LOL, since you literally quoted it above.
Also kinda case in point, disappointingly.
Have a good, ciao.
My cousins are jewish. My uncle's entire family is Jewish and they celebrate all of the jewish traditions. They have jewish blood. What more do you want lol?
Signore
Koshej Featured By Owner Edited Nov 22, 2020
Has Jewish blood =/= is Jewish (actually, it goes both ways).
And I'll stick to the *Jewish* rules of defining it, thanks.
I wasn't attacking you (or them), though, just pointing out a sad fact.
Right.
How dare I disagree with ANOTHER IDIOT.
Good riddance.
Less wasting of MY time.
(Hint: Another Blockman McArrogantus, what else.)
Wow, I didn't know that you thought of yourself as the King of all Jews who has the authority to decide whether or not anyone qualifies as a real Jew without ever having met them.
You ever stop to wonder just how many people here have you blocked? Must be a lot. Of course, you would never consider that you are at fault in any way. You must always be the innocent victim no matter what.
(1 Reply)
Sure feels like it. Bye!
(1 Reply)
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
You're catholic with that attitude? BAD CATHOLIC!
:icon88hh:
88HH Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2020
What about Quran?
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2020  Student Digital Artist
LGBT Texts (sacred-texts.com)

The Koran only mentions Homosexuality once and from what I have read it is about the rapist in Sodom???
:iconbayodino:
BayoDino Featured By Owner Edited Nov 24, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
It actually bans homosexuality and Muslims believe that god sends homos to deepest place of hell, According to the sharia law.
The Qur'an

Male homosexuality is only implied in the Qur'an, and there is no mention of lesbians or transexuals.

The story of Lot is repeated numerous times (e.g., 26:165-627:55, and 29:28-9).

The Yusuf Ali translation of 26:165 runs: "Of all creatures in the world will ye approach males, and leave those whom God has created to be your mates, Nay ye are a people transgressing all limits"

The Palmer translation of 27:55 is: "And Lot ... said to his people: 'Do ye approach an abominable sin while ye can see? do ye indeed approach men lustfully rather than women? nay! ye are a people who are ignorant.'"

These passages reflect the post-classical Jewish and Christian interpretation of the Sodom narrative, as well as Aristotle's widely accepted (but incorrect) view that animals do not engage in homosexual acts.

In context, the Qur'an mentions other cities which were destroyed, not just Sodom; including the legendary cities of 'Ad and Thamud. These have much different narratives. For instance, in Thamud "there were in the city nine persons who despoiled the land and did not right." (27:49). In Surah 11 a parallel is drawn between the story of Lot and the Biblical flood narrative of Noah. This is a constant theme that runs throughout the Qur'an. It draws freely from Biblical, Talmundic and traditional Arabic lore of civilizations overwhelmed by catastrophes brought on by hubris.

The common motif of these stories is that the people of these cities defy God, and ignore his prophets; not that they engage in particular sexual practices. God is warning, through the Qur'an, that He is the creator and destroyer of all things. This is a much larger concern, on a cosmic scale, than what people do in their bedrooms.

There is a possible mention of male homosexuality in Surah 4:16. Yusuf Ali translates this as:. "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for God is oft-returning, Most Merciful" (emphasis inserted). Palmer's translation of the same passage is: "And if two of you commit [adultery], then hurt them both; but if they turn again and amend, leave them alone, verily God is easily turned, compassionate". (Adultery is implied from the previous paragraph). Palmer notes: "the commentators are not agreed as to the nature of the offence here referred to. The punishment to be inflicted is also the subject of dispute." This stands out here, because this Surah (The Women) codifies a number of laws and regulations about sexual behavior, and in each case except for this, the text lays out specific punishments.

There is also a cryptic passage in Surah 76: one of the rewards in Paradise is described as "eternal boys...[like] scattered pearls...and when thou seest them thou shalt see pleasure and a great estate." (Palmer). Whether these are supposed to simply be attendants or companions is left to the imagination.

There is, however, explicit condemnation of homosexuality in the Hadith, which are traditional sayings from early Islam which have acquired legal status. For instance, Williams in his anthology Islam, quotes the following Hadith (p. 83): Bukhārī . . . from Ibn ‘Abbās: "The Prophet cursed men who act like women and women who act like men, and said, 'Drive them from your houses.' He expelled such people, and ‘Umar did it as well."

Islamic societies through history have both tolerated and persecuted LGBT people, sometimes at the same time. However, there is very little in the core text of Islam, the Qur'an, which support the harsh punishments and ostracism which gays are subjected to in contemporary Islamic society, and the relevant passages are either vague or tangential.

BayoDino Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
<Male homosexuality is only implied in the Qur'an, and there is no mention of lesbians or transexuals.>
Hmm, I guess Muslim countries punish Lesbian Muslims for wrong then.
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Okay your speaking kinda a word salad???
BayoDino Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I don't understand what you mean but here's same law regarding Lesbians nothing else.And as you said before Islam is fucked up in Middle east.
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Yes but here in the US we actually have a lot of Liberal Muslims??? 
(1 Reply)
Really then what is with all the gay muslims?
I mean, probably that's a bully but who the hell really cares about Sharia Law these days?
Um what do you mean by bully???
Bully to extreme Muslims.
Do you like extreme Muslims???
(1 Reply)
I haven’t read that book! If anyone else has read it, does it contain some controversial content in it? Or something else that’s been disproven?
It doesn't say anything about asexuality, but:

1. Atheists and who return from Islam have to die and their blood deserves to be splatted on floor, according to the Islam law.

2. Om one side it says Men and Women are Equal, but also in another side it said men are free to rape their female enemies, women have half of men's rights etc...

3. Homosexuality is banned as well.
:iconbeautifulrainofautum:
BeautifulRainofAutum Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Short answer: Nowhere.
CynderfireForever Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2020  Professional Writer
Haha, thank you!! Lol
Add a Comment: