Closed to new replies
October 24, 2019
Link

Statistics

Replies: 131

I might be looking for a new religion

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Oct 24, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, long story short, I was brought up in an abusive Christian house hold. I was tired of being in fear of an afterlife. I was tired of believing in a so called god and expecting things in my life to change. I decided to stop being brainwashed and stop believing, because I realized that it was foolish for me to be afraid of hell. I saw all of the contradictions in the bible and it made me so angry. Anywho, I'm really interested in Laveyan Satanism. Maybe I could try something else like Wicca or Paganism. I'm not sure yet. I still have to do more research. My top one is definitely Laveyan Satanism. I could also just be a simple atheist with no religion at all. One thing for sure is I'm totally gonna burn a Christian bible as soon as I can for fun. (Mom's favorite is the king james version lol)

Can anyone tell me some info on any other religion that might seem fitting?

Devious Comments

:iconart-of-bigsy:
Art-of-Bigsy Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
Usually when you rebel from one religion, you just find another one to fill the void. Usually its worse and more extreme as a counter balance to the first. Truth is you never really escape the conditioning of it as it runs very deep into your psyche throughout the rest of your life. Sorry it's the truth No, I disagree!. You just have to get to a place in yourself that you know isn't crazy by religion and feels normal to you, otherwise you'll live a life of confliction and rebellion against it for the rest of your life :( (Sad). Religious conditioning is extremely strong and almost impossible to completely get away from.  
SS0011 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well thanks. I'll probably just have no religion 
:iconenryoalpha:
EnryoAlpha Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
I'm sorry you had to experience such an upbringing under Christianity.

If you're looking for something to replace the whole Christian faith system with, I would highly recommend Buddhism. My preference would be Tibbetan or Zen.

If you're just looking to spite the Christian religion, I would recommend adopting some of the New Age philosophies or just Wiccan.

At the end of the day though, I would suggest that you seek to find some reconciliation and forgive them, to heal the rift in your heart- rather than living in pain and holding a grudge for the rest of your life.  This of course doesn't need to happen immediately.
Yeah, I need to let go. I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to learn to control my emotions. Since I can't suppress my emotions like I would like to or completely get rid of emotions. The thing is, I don't want to believe in a higher being or whatever. 
Based on those statements, Zen Buddhism sounds like a fit for you.  Though it won't do any good if you don't actually practice whatever new lifestyle you've chosen for yourself.

Strictly speaking though, logically, if you truly do not believe in any higher being, you are not actually denying the existence of God or angels or Devils, rather, you are setting yourself up on a pedestal as The Most Supreme Being of the Universe, ever since and ever forward.  In Essence making yourself into THE God, and not only that, but claiming that every other being on this planet is lower than yourself, and less powerful, as well.

This would be an utter lie, unless you actually do indeed have greater power than every world leader, every man with a gun or strength training, and your own mother.  There would be absolutely no need for you to ask for advice from others either, since we are all lesser and less capable beings than you, who would be highest of all.  Is that really what you intend to convey?
Actually, I think all people should worship themselves. Why would a divine being need us to worship him/her? That's another thing that confuses me. It seems very fear driven to worship someone, because they have more power than you. Worshipping oneself to me is just looking after yourself. It's self love and care. There's nothing egotistical about that. It's normal. You don't have to put anyone else down to self worship. We are all gods so to speak. Our power is influence. Good influence or bad influence. We have power in numbers. So, we're all equal.
Worship one's own self? Over others?  If you're not equally worshiping everyone else, you create wide open spaces for reasonable people to say, "hey, I want you stuff, and I'm better than you, so I deserve it, give it to me or I'll kill you."  And there are no mutual laws that can stand under such conditions, because for everyone, they themselves are the pinnacle of divine wisdom, everything they do must be justified, even when it ends up causing terrible pain, death, or other detriment to others. Justice then is murdered, it can have no hold on anything.
SS0011 Featured By Owner Edited Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You're understanding what I just said. No one is better than the other. Self love doesn't mean be selfish. Don't take it so literally.

Meant misunderstanding, and worship is to show a strong admiration and respect for something or someone. So, some people worship other people, I have definitely felt crazy over someone. Thing is, we have to always love ourselves first. That's why I say to worship ourselves. You can't worship anyone else if you don't worship yourself.
:iconmaskeddeviantreturns:
Are you choosing a religion based on what you believe to be true, or are you just going with whatever feels good?
What feels good. I don't want to believe in anything anymore. 
:icontrc450:
TrC450 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
I agree with PeKj

Get a hobby or a life long goal!
I don't have a long life goal, but I do have hobbies. Kind of hard to know what you want out of life when you have felt worthless your entire life.
:iconmaskeddeviantreturns:
Well choosing a new religion to believe in is slightly counterintuitive to your desire to not believe in anything anymore.
I don't have to believe in that religion. It could just be a hobby. Something fun to do like practice magic or something. 
Magic is far more involved than just that.  I worry if you go into it with this kind of an attitude, it will swallow you hole and spit you out in a place you don't want to be.
I really don't see why it would be a bad thing when I don't believe I could get harmed from magic. Thanks anyways. I just thought it would be something fun to try and I know white witches. I guess you're supposed to be really serious about it or something.
If you believe magic can do anything at all, it can and very possibly can hurt you.  But if you don't believe magic can do anything at all, and still practice it, you're just play-acting ritual and pretending, without any knowledge of whether it actually is doing anything or not.  You'd be toying with forces you deny, and don't understand, and if Magic does do anything at all, it will not look kindly to being demeaned that way.  All in all, at best you'd be living a lie, pretending things like a little child.  At worst however, you could be inviting forces into your life that will not look kindly to your flippant and dismissive attitude of them.

It is your choice of course.
I heard that people can't work dark magic on atheists, because they have to believe it for it to work or something. Idk if it's true or not. Well, I'll leave it alone for respect of people practicing it.
(1 Reply)
:iconpekj:
PeKj Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
So maybe just get an actual hobby then. :)
I have hobbies. Drawing is one of them.
:iconmorellagrysis:
MorellAgrysis Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
I think that here we have good feeling seeker.
:iconsanusense:
sanusense Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019  Student Photographer
Judaism - the first of all Abrahamic religions and indeed the best one.
Ehhh, I'm not really interested in Judaism, but thanks anyway.
:iconkoshej:
Koshej Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
Not-Judaism for non-Jews.
At least try READING about it - it won't hurt you.
I don't care about Judaism, but I'll at least read about it.
:iconkoshej:
Koshej Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
That's NOT Judaism, lol.
Nobody's trying to make you a Jew.
Okay thanks
:iconfred1009:
fred1009 Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019
You could become a Pastafarian. A God that likes beer and strippers can't be all bad. 

www.venganza.org/about/

Lol sounds good. Pastafarian sounds like my religion lmao
fred1009 Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
 Pastafarian heaven is a beer volcano and strippers. In Pastafarian hell the beer is always stale and the strippers are extremely ugly. My problem is, I don't like beer.  
:iconh-swilliams:
H-SWilliams Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019
Their religious headwear does make for some great ID photos with that religeon.  :nod: 
Yes, Bobby Henderson would be proud. 
:iconh-swilliams:
H-SWilliams Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019
I'm pretty fascinated by the idea of those Atheist Churches. From what I can gather they just hang out, have discussions on morality, sing and organise charity work. Always thought that sounded kinda nice. But I think you'd still have to keep an eye out for corruption and extremists in them.

Depending what you want to get from religion you can always think broader too. Religion's basically a hobby for most people, so no reason something like starting a sport, or joining a hobby club, doing some classes or charity work etc... might fulfil whatever it is you'd like to get out of a religion. 

Or be entrepreneurial, :shrug: start your own cult. 
:iconmorellagrysis:
MorellAgrysis Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist General Artist
Hobby religion, interesting point of view, will ave to think about it, because it is rather good idea.
SS0011 Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Uhh, not into cults. I'm not a leader lol. Yeah religion can be a hobby, that's why I thought Wicca was interesting. Idk. I'll think about it further.
Wicca is more than just a hobby.
Okay, Wicca is more than just a hobby. It sounded really easy from the the people who told me about it years ago, but we were all edgy teens, so I guess it's not to be taken lightly.
Well, coming from edgy teens, that's to be expected.  If you intend on actually being Wiccan and practicing Wicca, it is in fact a religion, with rituals, obligations, oblations, and other religious practices being an integral part of it, just like every other religion.

Just because it has those things though, doesn't mean people don't just treat it as a hobby anyway, and cheapen it's actual culture, just like every other religion has casual non-adherents who claim the title to it anyway without fully practicing it.
Okay, thanks for explaining the Wiccan thing.
You're welcome.
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Seek refuge in the Buddha.

Ambigram Laughing Buddha by ARTificialphanTOM
:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019  Professional General Artist
SS011 is a troll account. He/she have been posting garbage all over the forums. This is their newest invention since the holiday seasons is around.
Thanks for calling me a troll account. I'm a girl and you know I'm a girl. You just wanna make it seem as if we never talked. That's okay though. I could be a robot for all you know and at least add the other 0 to my username. It's SS0011 NOT SS011. Thanks, have a nice day/night.
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2019  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That's okay. Trolls make this place interesting.
SS0011 Featured By Owner Edited Oct 26, 2019  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm not a troll, GameTrek just mad because I blocked him for being closed minded. Yes I post a lot in the forums, but it's not random junk. I've posted about many things in help with life in the past as well, because I was abused for real.
:iconchaseawaythedark:
chaseawaythedark Featured By Owner Oct 26, 2019  Student Writer
Ignore GameTrek, they're the real troll :paranoid:
I know, I gotta ignore the trolls. Thanks.
I don't know your preference, but Bobby Henderson informed that Pastafarian heaven does include male strippers.   
Add a Comment: