Are You An Atheist Who Meditates?

Comment hidden
Comments109
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm technically agnostic, but meditation has done a lot for me. It's simply mindfulness, or the practice of placing your attention on the present moment. While it has roots in Eastern and Greco-Roman philosophies, it's not really linked to any 'religious' ideology.

I recently stumbled across a short guide on meditation while working and found that really helpful in terms of focusing on my artwork and enjoying the process more.

If you haven't tried it, check out an app like Headspace or Insight Timer. Super easy; just gotta stick w/ it. Meditation is for everyone!! :)
Emperor Of The Forest by WilliamTLC Burn🔥the 📚! -DA
Meditation is not messing with a dead mind, its using it in different ways... sleep is form of meditation, masturbation is a form of meditation.

Meditation helps with focus and manages  a lot of mental issues, where other exercises don't work, but sometimes mental issues become so bad that it makes mediation hard to do.
YOu admit though that your mind is not alive.
what ? you are not making any sense.
He is saying that atheists don't believe that the mind is alive because they don't believe in the soul(although they totes secretly believe in souls no doubt they just bein intellectual snobs UwU), although I've never heard a single atheist make this claim, and people on this very forum have already told him that this is not their position:
(www.deviantart.com/comments/18…)

... but apparently he ignores that, because he isn't willing to change his mind when new evidence shows up.
soul = consciousness = operating system... 
Algorithms are demons
When used in that context, the "soul" is some sort of energy, spiritual or otherwise, that survives after death, so while the word soul can be used to describe consciousness, no.
Read what you wrote.
I think I'm a pagan , and I don't mean that as a joke per se 

even god in the bible admits he's not the only god 
Elohim and adonai.
"thou shalt worship no other god than me ,for I am a jealous god" 

the good lord himself indicates that in order to be jealous there must be others to be jealous of 
My sister is a pagan atheist and she meditates all the time. She's into a lot of new age practices too that I find really weird.
That is the difference between those, who can see spirits with no effort and those who cannot.
Why do you think there's a difference in people like that? Shouldn't it be fair and let all people see spirits?
That's simple. Some people see spirits, some don't. I myself lost that ability and even after years I still didn't regain it, except glipse here and there.
Of course it would be fair and I would be all for it, but curse of humanity is that they cannot see spirits. It is caused by abrahamic religions. Only we who came from beyond usualy have that ability.
What do you mean by those who came from beyond? Do you remember things from past lives? I don't remember anything from a past life or anything but I do have weird feelings I can't explain. Like I met EL when I was nine but I feel like I've known them as long as I've existed and even before.
I mean beyond by every soul which was not human in past lives. I don't remeber past lives, but I'm positive that I lived in Atlantis, among vikings and later also among elves.
That feeling doesn't come from pheromones, it is your trail to your own memories.
What do you think is the reason we all live these lives over and over?
View all replies
a pagan atheist 

well holy shit

so she believes in a non-abrahmic deity but also not believes in it?

is that not the exact same as being a catholic?
She believes in a metaphorical mother and father deity that represents the universe and nature. Shes also into Eckancar a lot.
Um, your sister can't be a 'Pagan' and 'Aetheist' as Pagan is a derogatory Roman term relating to Christian sects that did not ascribe to what would become known as Catholisism.
She's a pagan in the new age sense. She's into nature religion.