What makes a true Christian?

Jesus is my lord and Saviour. I aspire to emulate him in my life and be the best that I can be. What makes a good Christian in your view?
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
That. What you wrote. Follow His word as law and never forget it is also the law of the Father to which we are beholden in claiming Him as Lord.
In love not fear. In Grace not rote. Because of the Spirit, not the letter.
Only by faith in Christ do we receive the blessings Christ won for us through his life, death, and resurrection.
A true Christian is someone who does not question anything. They simply blindly follow whatever their pastor tells them, because he speaks the words of your god, so he is telling the truth. you know how the Christian bible talks about faith like a child. There you go. Children automatically believe anything their parents tell them.
A true Christian is someone who does not question anything.

Said no Christian ever.

They simply blindly follow whatever their pastor tells them, because he speaks the words of your god, so he is telling the truth.

Last time I checked, my pastors don't exactly share all my views. The official stance at the church I am a member of is that men should be pastors while women are restricted from that position, a stance I do not hold to.

And, do I even need to mention how guys like Justin Peters have blasted televangelists for such heresies as the "little gods" doctrine and "prosperity gospel"?

you know how the Christian bible talks about faith like a child. There you go. Children automatically believe anything their parents tell them.

Boy, have you ever heard of the "why" phase!? :lol: And, as Killian pointed out, the pastor is not the subject of the analogy. But, you knew this, didn't you? Typical atheist: Always zeroing in on single passages while ignoring everything else.
The pastor isn’t your Parent, though, in this analogy.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
-Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:11

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
-Paul, 1 Corinthians 3:2

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
-Paul, Galatians 3:21-26

A Christian is not to start as a child and stay a child, but to start as a child and grow up.
And yet, you cannot enter Heaven unless you have faith like a child.
In God, In Christ. NOT in your pastor. Intercession is a catholic only flaw of the faith. 
What it means is that your faith must be complete. 
Since Christ himself said that, it is correct to assume it is what it means to be a Christian.
It's more about what you can achieve or endure in faith than gullible naivete.
Such as when Jesus had Simon walk on water with him.
How much research have you done on Christianity? Because honestly, while some people are like this, a good majority of Christians are doing their own homework and actually researching the faith they believe in, whether it be through the Bible, online, or even offline. Faith like a child is talking about a faith that is so strong it's almost like there is no doubt in the matter (As a child tends to do) rather than ignorance. Doubt is a feeling, and feelings aren't steady whatsoever. 
I was raised in Christianity, so I know first-hand what Christianity teaches.
"I wuz RAIZED in Christianity! Durr hurr!"

That doesn't mean a thing if you were only taught Sunday-School-tier crap, which appears to be the case.
Truly if you think this is what all Christians believe, then you most likely were either raised by hyper-conservative Christians, which, yes, are pretty obnoxious, or somewhere along the line you were in a denomination or church that just was fogging up the biblical truths with biases and disgust towards a subject (cause let's face it, we all know that kind of Christian.) What you previously said in your comment before your last one was an extreme over simplification and not a good showcase of a kind, non-hypocritical Christian. I'm sorry if you grew up in a family like that :)
If they say they are Christian
Have you fed the hungry? Given water to the thirsty? Housed the homeless? Clothed the naked? Visited the sick and imprisoned?
Nekone vya slovo. A slovo vya bog.
I can have my view on it, and other people can just do their own thing.

In my opinion, it's up to God to determine who is what etc. He's the one with the hammer
Why do you have to declare it ? are you testing your self ?

Eating the cracker at church 
Do this in remembrance of Osiris.
www.mtc.org/eucharst.html
Dont forget the booz !
The biggest two rules in christianity are:

1. Thou shall love god, thy lord, with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength.

2. Thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself.

Said in various ways over the gospels, see for example Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Co…
Aha! Correct!
Sadly, many only focus on one or the other. Many of the more mainstream churches are pretty good about preaching and observing both, at least to some degree, but there are way too many smaller ones who miss the point.