Closed to new replies
October 11
Link

Statistics

Replies: 40

A question FOR Christians

:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Student General Artist
I mean, anyone can answer, but Iím not sure it would have the same effect. Question: how important is your God to you? Iím not talking about how important He is to your doctrine or your church. Iím talking you, personally. How important is what He says to you? How much influence does He have on your life and decision making?

A curiosity, more than anything.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcooldas:
cooldas Featured By Owner Oct 15, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
God is very important to me. I go to church, pray, and am taking classes at a seminary. I pray before I make big decisions. My life would be very different if I wasn't a Christian.
:iconmizu1993:
Mizu1993 Featured By Owner Oct 14, 2018  Professional General Artist
I would say it is not much important. Sometimes I like to go to church and pray, it gives me a bit more hope, but that's all. 
:iconblackrocklegacies:
BlackrockLegacies Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018   Writer
I don't think you know what Christian means. Don't, act like it's okay to say "no I do know what it means.." Because, I'm arian, but you understand, I could be german, but like, right,
nazis are not german, they're monsters. okay, you were gunna say, blue and yellow don't look really cute together? okay, blonde hair blue eyes, not what you thought, it's impressive,
my point was, fucking no one asked that, and we don't, say anemic hair, is actually blonde, you SUCK, I say to those people...

so like OKay, when Christian meant, Righteous before GOD, Righteous, loving, but you know, wrong or right, matters... you get that nazis said, this is CHristian? it isn't.

there is a god, called the Christian god. but of course the christian god would be the god of the dead... and the god of the dead is oldest god there is... the dead can hear your thoughts, they said in ancient greece? no, well,
Hades hears your breathing... sounds like WILL, the will god?

but you said, EVERY time someone, christian said, god, they meant, that person, called God, sometimes... God's son wasn't Jesus, psycho, it was Lucifer,.. ask him what beautiful means though...
I'd do whatever he told me to, why?
:iconlyteside:
lyteside Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018
"but of course the christian god would be the god of the dead..."

No.

Jesus' own words from Mark 12:27 - “He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; you are greatly mistaken.”

I have, endless greek literature, around the world philosophy, and studies of gods, and you go for King James bible...

you don't actually even know what a bible is...
lyteside Featured By Owner Edited Oct 12, 2018
By King James bible, do you mean New American Standard Version? That's what I used if you want to brush up.
a bible is a baby book, you make one yourself, of the gospels you LOVE,
because there are MILLIONS of gospels, in the world, millions, and they're about Love, and Faith, and Heroes, and Children, and God...

King James was a HERETIC, way to stay educated. With a bible cut together by a master criminal and sociopath, a MONSTER

King James is a MONSTER

you don't know what Christian is, don't ask any more stupid questions
:iconthundersnowolf:
ThunderSnowolf Featured By Owner Edited Oct 15, 2018  Professional Filmographer
Stop comparing monsters to bad people. That's probably why they "don't exist" in the first place. It also makes you look even stupider now because of the month you said this on.
lyteside Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2018
The New American Standard Version is not from the King James' version. I have no idea why you're bringing King James into this. What are you talking about? lol
BlackrockLegacies Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2018   Writer
All you HAVE is the King James Bible

and I said MILLIONS of gospels.
lyteside Featured By Owner Edited Oct 13, 2018
I don't know how to talk to you.
(1 Reply)
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Student General Artist
...okay...?
I'm gunna teach you something. A girl in class says something like "or like it(a swastica) backwards is like, Japanese for prosPerity or something.." like it hadn't meant that... NAZI
that girl is a NAZI, when monsters carve it into their FOREHEADS, so they can kabal, and you torture others, WITH them, you get there's no backwards? she gets TAUGHT to say it, and call you ignorant?

No I'm calling YOU ignorant. Christian means good. God means Love. It has only EVER meant love!
:iconlyndentr33:
lyndentr33 Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018
seven?
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Student General Artist
...okay...?
lyteside Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018
He is my prize. He changed my heart of stone into a heart of flesh. Even though I struggle with sin in a sense every day, in my heart of hearts I desire to do his will gladly! Its like being set free from sin's power and hating God to finally actually desiring to love and follow his law.

I believe his true sheep hear his voice and follow him. No true Christian with actual saving faith can stray for too long without the Lord intervening. Professing Christians that don't really make God a priority at all in their lives will have a sad wake up call when he returns. (Matt 25:31–46)
:iconun-lucky-fennec:
Un-Lucky-Fennec Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
When I was a Christian, he just existed to me. I didn't read the Bible, or go to church unless if I was forced. 
:iconchaseawaythedark:
chaseawaythedark Featured By Owner Edited Oct 11, 2018  Student Writer
I'm Christian, and I believe in God and stuff, but I don't pray every day or go to church or read the Bible. To me, He's just there. I don't think about God much. I pray when I'm worried about someone or when someone I know has died. I tried reading the Bible but couldn't really get into it. There aren't any churches nearby as far as I know (mostly because I haven't looked for them). There are a bunch of different branches of Christianity and they each have their own church, and I haven't bothered to do my research as to what branch believes. I just believe that there is a God, He created everything, there is a Heaven and Hell and a Devil, there is an afterlife, and we will be judged when we die. Christianity just matches my beliefs the closest lol

So TL,DR: God isn't that important to me in my daily life, but I do believe in Him.
:iconjcoolarts:
JCoolArts Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Professional General Artist
Very important. God speaks through his word. What God tells me as a christian to do, makes sense to me to follow. I believe that the guidance and commands laid out by Jesus/God/Holy spirit, have formed humanity's morality over time, to an extent where these commandments are seen as common sense. In my day to day life I have hope of an eternity far greater than my temporary tenancy here. I have seen the intricate workings of his plan in the rear-view mirror of hindsight. In those moments; terrible moments, happy moments, or even moments of absolute mediocrity at their time of occurrence.. Looking back upon them, I can see just how significantly important, the once unimportant things really were to the process of my life. I know the past occurrences which I had no control over, where my own decisions made very little difference for the outcome, would have most certainly soured my present/future, if I had been put in a place of influential choice over them, when I consider what my goals were at those points.
I came to belief via no encouragement from any authority figure in my life. Only this year have I started going to church. 6 Years ago I picked up a bible I was given for free when I was 8, and had since then ignored. After reading it for myself word for word, I came to the conclusion and choice to believe in Jesus.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
When I was a believer, I shaped my entire life around what I thought God had communicated to me through scripture and tradition.
I can understand that. My mother specified Jewish tradition, though, as that was what God actually commanded His people to do.
What exactly you think it is that God commanded you to do -- or whether he commanded you to do anything at all -- depends on which scriptures you accept and which tradition you follow. A Christian will perforce consider Jewish scriptures the "Old Testament" and interpret them in light of his own less ancient scriptures.
Outside of what Jesus commanded, Love God and your neighbor, nothing.  Everything else about our life is our own prerogative.  However, I wasn't raised to believe that the Old Testament was "irrelevant", and having a better understanding of it has helped me better understand the New Testament.  In my case, we observed the Jewish holidays, the Sabbath, eat port or shellfish, and drained the blood from our meat.  
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Edited Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
I didn't say the Old Testament was irrelevant to Christians. Where did you get that from?

I would point out, however, that you did seem to be raised to regard well over half the New Testament as irrelevant. Unless your mother is actually Jewish. In which case the decision in Acts 15 doesn't apply to you, and a strict reading of the NT obliges you to observe the law as do other Jews.
Talking to way too many people who think so for one reason or another.

She isn’t Jewish, but did attend a synagogue during the evenings, as well as church Sunday mornings. I’d probably say her perspective would be similar to that of a Messianic Jew, and looked at Jewish tradition as symbolic of what would come with Christ.

Like I said though, we didn’t observe this out of obligation. She saw this as another form of worship, and does it of her own desire to do so.

I wouldn’t say the New Testament was irrelevant in my background. Far from it. I would say that, at the time, that portion of the Bible got more attention from the church than the Old Testament. Whereas a lot of the Old Testament was laying the groundwork for why the New Testament exists.
A non-Christian gentile who, for some reason, accepts the authority of Jewish scripture might read it and come away finding himself responsible for only the relatively simple obligations imposed by Gen 9:1-17.
:iconbronzeheart92:
BronzeHeart92 Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018
I don't really believe in any God at the moment...
Okay
:iconblackcapbandit:
BlackCapBandit Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Obviously God means a lot to me. However I don't always show it and that it is something I think many Christians take for granted. One doesn't always have God in mind when it comes to decision making too. You're supposed to love him with your whole being and if you were to ask a Christian to choose between his/her spouse and God then it would actually be a tough decision when it should be an easy task, It's difficult to explain sorry. It's like, hard sometimes to love God more than a pet or a family member, if that makes any sense. One would think that since God gave you everything, it would be easy to love him but it's not really that simple. I say I love God but do I really?
:icondjnotapplicable:
DJNotApplicable Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do not have a belief that there is no God, I just believe people call it different things. To me God is the Universe.

Who knows how many countless realities who worship him. If you think about it, isn't a little short sided and a bit selfish to believe that God only has dominion over this planet?
No, actually, I’m with you. God ‘s dominion encompasses the universe. He gave dominion of this planet to mankind.
:iconblackcapbandit:
BlackCapBandit Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's an interesting way of seeing it. Maybe we think He only govern's this world/planet because of what stands in the Bible, but what if there were different worlds out there, each with it's own Bible. I can speculate even further by saying that all those Bibles are part of something even bigger like how the different books make up the Bible but all the Bibles together make up something else.
:iconarmstrongy85:
Armstrongy85 Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I believe in God and I feel that he guides me in what I do
How so?
:iconarmstrongy85:
Armstrongy85 Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
It's something that I can't explain to people just like that he's just there
Okay
:iconsaintpoe:
SaintPoe Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  New Deviant Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I don't really know how to answer, in  a sense it's that little voice in the back of my mind that says "don't do it, you're going to get caught" when I'm about to do something I shouldn't.   When I hear it I get the distinct impression I'm being watched, if only by my own conscience. 
Add a Comment: