Closed to new replies
July 12
Link

Statistics

Replies: 89

your worst self

:iconwitchladyartisan:
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
If there is anything about yourself that you could remove, what would it be.    
I am not talking about body parts or things you own but personality traits you wish you didn't have but ended up having anyway.

I'll start off by naming my own personality trait that I would rather not have : impulsivity, it's very nature makes it very difficult to be anything else but impulsive by nature, which could be a flaw to overcome if it works against you more than it works in your favor.  
As it suggest a personality that is easily manipulated by strong impulses ... which is true in my case.    And the way to overcome it is to be tactical about which impulses to fight and which ones not to fight.  Or which ones to fight to a certain extent.  

Chime in and have a chat! 

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconninachop:
Ninachop Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2018  Professional General Artist
My history. All the information I have acquired since I realized I existed. I would want to be absolutely ignorant.
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
Ignorance is bliss after all.  
:iconalbatrash:
albatrash Featured By Owner Jul 24, 2018
Nothing. I pretty much think my persona fits with how crappy the world is.
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 24, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
you're a nihilist
I believe the world is crappy.
that is what nihilism is
No. It is a moral truth that the world is crappy.
that is what nihilism is
albatrash Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2018
Look up the word.
:iconninachop:
Ninachop Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2018  Professional General Artist
Nihilism is crappy too. TBF
:iconthisisradinsky:
thisisradinsky Featured By Owner Jul 22, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd say I'd love to stop being so defensive at times, but I'm slowly working on it
I'm not perfect, but I'm fine with myself and try not to get my flaws in the way of the good things I am capable of giving and doing
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 23, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
Well nobody is perfect :)

And personally, if you are happy with yourself and you can live with yourself and you are at peace with yourself, that is most important because you are the only person that has to live with yourself until you die :p
Not to sound morbid.

But about defensiveness :   Do you have triggers? (not a troll question)  , because there can be a fine line between defensiveness and just being argumentative :p 
thisisradinsky Featured By Owner Jul 23, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Exactly my mindset ! It's not morbid at all it's definitely true
Even if I constantly work on improving, I don't want to blame myself for everything on the daily: Whenever I make a mistake, I learn from it, try and fix it, and then move on to never commit that mistake again

Sure ! I don't know if I'd call them triggers per se, but I will be very defensive when I feel I am being talked down to, or underestimated
I guess it is more linked to mutual courteous respect, since I am not a fan of gratuitous rudeness
But you are absolutely right about that thin line, it can be a question of temper as well and I am insanely short tempered at times too :p (To be honest it's more funny than anything)
That is often more than enough for me , mutual respect and curtisy is what I have to offer (I can slip up tho)  ,  but it's what I have to offer, not understanding, not sympathy or even empathy in my worst moments.   Curtisy most of all, because if one can be curteous in the face of an obstacle , a problem, or a fellow people-kind (ty princess Trudeau btw!) 

I think that I know or can feel when people are being intentionally malicious towards me and taht's where I draw the personal line : the fight or flee moment.

I usually choose to curtly remove myself and not be drawn into a dogfight, although it can and does happen that one finds oneself spot in the middle of a pissing contest ...
one should try to avoid it.  In fear of feeding that side of you that will only benefit the worst of humanity.  

And for what it matters, I highly value your very curteous responce and I would like to add that there are no taboo subjects on any of my threads, when people report them, it's because of their own inequities.    I for one, value the art of conversation and rhetoric.  
thisisradinsky Featured By Owner Jul 24, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
We can all slip-up, that's alright. So you have issues sharing sympathy at certain moments, if I get it right ?
(People-kind lmaoooo that joke never gets old hahaha)

I understand, you have better things to do than be too confrontational about such matters
And it can be toxic. I only keep the confrontational mode when I feel there is true injustice I need to intervene in to chase away

What ?? Do people report your threads ?? How ? Those questions make a lot of sense, and they help everyone out
Putting words upon our own feelings helps us materialise them and deal with them better
It's my pleasure to have a courteous discussion with you

By the way, I saw you were from Belgium ! That makes us cousins ey, I'm a Frenchie

as long as princess trudeau is in power , her majesty's jokes will be relevant

and as far as I know I can't recall of a single person that reported my threads, but if they do , they do and hopefully have a good reason to do so (huring your feefees is not a good reason fyi)  

I  have never had a bad intention while posting a controversial thread (the mental illness one)  , nor do I harbor bad feelings towards the people that felt it was an attacsk on them personally.  In effect I think it's silly to think that an internet thread has any effect on anyone in their real lives.

and oh my you are French! 
we need to have a very serious and long discussion about Belgian French Fries, the Belgian national dish fyi
:iconrozemallow:
rozemallow Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2018  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
This is a pretty interesting question 
my pride and self hate are like a coin, they're both there in what seems to be an excessive amount

being impulsive sounds really hard to deal with.. what do you do to prevent it? or is prevention not really a thing
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 21, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
As a teenager I had no control over it.  Zero.  I had to hit my face slam dunk against the proverbial brick wall a couple of times before the word 'temperence' held any meaning to me.   I guess I just had to learn from making the same mistakes over and over again.   The hard way :p

About your pride and self-hate, those are very conflicting emotions or traits but I do understand that they coincide in the same person.   You don't need to tell me if you dont want to but it's quite common in people (like me) that grew up with one or two narcissist parents.
rozemallow Featured By Owner Jul 21, 2018  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
hm I think I only had one but when I was younger, I saw things pretty distorted than how they really were out of selfishness.. like I viewed what wrong happened and magnified it so I was a victim - so idk if they were actually narcissist or not because they changed too
I was a really selfish and prideful child haha
I still have problems though but looking back on my past action and self IS SO CRINGEY so much worse
how many did you grow up with?
I do know, from personal experience that narcissism is either the direct consequence of a brain injury or ... it's just taught by the parents.    And  contrary to popular belief is not mostly taught in single-children households.  It being taught is unfortunately far more common than the brain injury, which can be easily identified and therefor we wouldn't call it a personality disorder but simply the effect of a damaged brain unable to cope with stimuli.

And look, all children are selfish :p   that's just how nature intended it to be,  nature made baby cries especially annoying and shrieking so that it literally sounds like an alarm, this is actually beneficial to the human species since babies are 100% dependent on the adults that surround them.  
Children in general have no idea that they are not hte center of the world because they are in fact the center of their own world.   That's normal, you also can't actually diagnose children as narcissists :p  , but you can do with adults because they have full access to the adult capacities of the adult brain.   
Being selfish and prideful in itself also aren't sure signs of the narcissist disorder, tho they commonly appear in narcissists,  it's a bit more complicated than that because a narcissist without other people can not be a narcissist , they NEED others for that.     You can be lonely and prideful at the same time btw.  Without being a narcissist. 
Being selfish, well, we are all selffish to a certain degree, even the people that say they only live for the happiness of others (they are lying to look good :p)

I grew up with one other sister in a very cliche black sheep - golden child relationship,  I as you may have guessed was the black sheep.  My mother was a very bitter and vengeful woman that never forgave my father for leaving her for another woman.  She took that out on me as the first born that had the dire misfortune of having more of physical resemblence to my father than I did to her and everyone always noticed it and commented about it.    That also made her angry and spiteful next to being bitter and vengeful. 
:iconprotector-est-scient:
Protector-est-scient Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2018  New Deviant
I'm not sure this should be removed, but I have EXTREME ambition, like there is something I NEED to do, it can get to be a bit much.
And do you get the things you are ambitions for?  Or does it just remain an ambition and nothign else? 
:iconalydabookworm:
AlydaBookworm Featured By Owner Edited Jul 19, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My procrastination and my fear of getting close to people.. I also overthink things, beat myself up too much, and spend too much time worrying about things I can't change. I am a dummy! 

It's funny- I wish I was more impulsive. I tend to overthink things and end up missing my chance to act. I've been in many situations where I wanted to start a conversation with someone, but couldn't make myself approach them without planning what I would say and thinking about the ways the conversation could go. Most often, I miss my chance to talk to them or just give up and decide not to approach the person at all.
Do you know why you procrastinate?

I'm sure that's been called lazy but I don"t think its the same thing, procrastination has much more in common with lethargy and complacency which would point to depression rather than being a lazy fucker.  
rozemallow Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2018  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
you don't have to answer this but.. is your fear of getting close to people from experiences or just a default way you are?
:iconalydabookworm:
AlydaBookworm Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Maybe both. I'm naturally introverted, but I was never afraid of getting close to people until I had some experiences that put me into this messed-up mindset.
:iconasharani:
AsharaNi Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2018  Professional General Artist
Perhaps a tendency towards extremism I have, a strong emotional reaction of approval to radicalism - when I'm the one creating it. I'm one of those people who could easily be a Dictator if they had the chance, and a part of me doesn't think it's very healthy. 
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
Don't take this personally but this reminds me of a quote I once heard someone make (I forgot who the original quote was from) and it went like this: If you are not a revulotionary in your teens you have no heart.  If you are still a revolutionary by the time you are thirty, you have no brain. 
AsharaNi Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2018  Professional General Artist
Oh, I'm not taking this personally the slightest. I think a person's tendencies to be radical are more ingrained in how they perceive the world than anything else - in how they think the world 'should operate ideally'. I don't really think revolution has anything to do with it, though I'd be inclined to look at history for proof that all revolutionaries ever were under thirty. :D 
It depends on what you call a revolutionary, in essence it"s someone starting or maintaining a revolution.   While revolutions may be with the best intentions in the beginnings, if you keep them up after they are no longer needed it means you are just forming another tyrranny.   Taht is what the quote implies or refers to, not the actual age of the people in one. 
AsharaNi Featured By Owner Jul 22, 2018  Professional General Artist
I guess it makes more sense the way you explain it. :)
it's also normal for young people to be much MUCH more idealistic than those in their thirties or fourties
:icongodsdemonsmen:
GodsDemonsMen Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2018  Professional General Artist
My quickness to distrust people and my blind quickness to destroy everything and anything when in anger, even it took years to build or create.
Not always a bad thing.  To distrust people.  

Blind rage on the other hand: yes I would agree that is always destructive, mostly for yourself in the long run.
GodsDemonsMen Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2018  Professional General Artist
Totally agree.
when taking a hike in a forest its a good thing to be jumpy
the laid back person is far more likely to be eaten by wildlife anyway
GodsDemonsMen Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2018  Professional General Artist
Lol
:iconuniversalgravitation:
universalGravitation Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
I'd just remove myself entirely.
WitchLadyArtisan Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2018  Professional Artisan Crafter
And deny the rest of us the pleasure of your company?!
universalGravitation Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
Yes.
But then we wouldn't be having this conversation?
universalGravitation Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2018  Hobbyist Artist
Perhaps.

Well for what it's worth, I'm glad you decided to chime in. 
:iconwrite-on-time:
Write-on-Time Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
My professional system of procrastinating. Don't get me wrong I always finish what I need to on time but for some reason I work best when the hot breath of an upcoming deadline moistens the back of my neck!
hehe,  that's recognizable and understandable :p
:iconlucky-fennec:
Lucky-Fennec Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
My laziness. 
Do you know what makes you feel lazy?
:iconlucky-fennec:
Lucky-Fennec Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I think it's the fact I've grown not too care for things so I've grown too be lazy because I don't see the point in caring. Though my analysis may be wrong.
I don't think you are wrong, I think you may be very right on that.  Be careful tho, that is a thought pattern that can and will easily lead you into depression and I'm not talking about the tumblr variety depression, I mean the actual pathology that requires medicines.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
Worrying too much about what other people think of me. That has led to more trouble in my life than anything else.
Add a Comment: