Closed to new replies
March 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 36

evil/benevolent spirits

:icondreamynaria:
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I would like to know what is the vision of every religion about spirits, evil spirits and benevolent spirits, as in Christianity, demons and angels 
what are they, how they are seen, 
The question stems from my curiosity about the paranormal. 

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconunicronwars:
UnicronWars Featured By Owner Apr 11, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
I've been looking into this, and it seems that in Christianity, the words "angel" and "demon" used for good and evil spirits are loanwords from Greek, where they have completely different meanings that don't intrinsically mark the subjects as being members of the good faction or the evil faction, meanings that go back to Greece's pre-Christian Pagan religions.

In Greek Paganism, titans, deities, angels, and demons are all different ranks and classes of divine magical beings that all co-exist to some extent.

In the Hebrew Scriptures that Christianity is largely based on, the beings called "angels" and "demons" in today's Bibles were actually called "sons of God", a term that I suspect was scrubbed in favor of taking "angels" and "demons" from a Pagan lexicon for three possible reasons:
1) The term "Sons of God" sounds very polytheistic;
logic would dictate that the sons of a good are themselves gods, and the idea of the Only God Ever having sons like Pagan gods and goddesses do opens up a channel for all sorts of uncomfortable questions about God and Jesus that the fledgling monotheist movement would rather squash than answer
2) Redefining demons as evil monsters and traitors helps to demonize the other religions and their magical practices that Judeo-Christianity saw as evil and wanted to stamp out, as in the original meaning of demons, they were the ones who were often the bringers of knowledge, especially the knowledge of how to perform Pagan magic, witchcraft, etc.
3) The two sides being called "sons of God" and "fallen sons of God" is a little confusing and just not as catchy and marketable as giving the factions separate names based on terms that already had cache in the wider culture; just ask the Autobots and Decepticons
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Apr 12, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
yes, it is curious that they derive from the Greek, it is also curiosos that the true benevolent and malignant spirits in Greek or in Latin have other names.
Like the Genius,This genius is also represented with wings! It's exactly like an angel in in the aspect of protector, not of messenger.
Roman women on their wedding night used to pray their Genius to be with them and give them strength... The first night was not pleasant.
And then I think of the Genius of Aladdin because in the Islamic religion this genius, "Jinn" it's a supernatural entity in the pre-Islamic and Muslim religions, intermediate between the angelic world and humanity, which is mostly malignant, even if in some cases it can express itself in a completely benevolent and protective manner.   
These beings are almost the same thing.:o (Eek) 
The angels in the Bible are called 
mal’akh they are only messangers in the O.T. both human and divine 
in the Old Testament this figure is very enigmatic, I spoke with a Jew of the angels, and they have a different vision, some say that angels are not beings, they are emanations of God Himself as human beings, then they disappear when they no longer have the role of messengers.
This is because every aspect of polytheism is not good for Judaism.
Then in that passage some Jews told me that perhaps the sons of God are human beings not angels, and that passage speaks of how human beings made selective abortions, others say it's about homo sapiens had sex with neanderthals..  because for the Jews the concept of pure Jewish man is very strong, he was not allowed to reproduce and mix his own blood with certain people, a bit racist..

:icondarkil-valum-balvras:
Darkil-Valum-Balvras Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Well...if you desperately wish to know the 100% total truth then feel free to read ALL of the things on joyofsatan.com!!
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Apr 1, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I do not desperately want to know the truth, only the different visions for see the things in common and the differences, 
a satanist told me about demons and angels (something like the Greek demons) 
But on the ghosts i had  no answers, anyway the Greeks and the pagans believed in them too ..
Ok. Demons (the original Gods before xtainity, judaism, and islam came along) to us Satanists (or the ones I'm friends with) are the most beautiful and loving creatures of the universe. The angels that come from xtainity, judaism, and islam in our eyes are nothing more than evil beings that have absolutely no love whatsoever in them and they look like moldy human corpses.  
mmm thank you, to illustrate the vision of your religion, the angels are therefore evil spirits ( the same that are commonly called demons) in annoyance, to possess and create poltergeist activities in satanism?
You are still not getting it!

The three religions of xtainity, Judaism, and Islam have NOTHING to do with Lucifer and His Demons. NOTHING. Do NOT combine Lucifer and His Demons with these three religions of pure evil!! EVER. He and His Demons HATE that!! He and His Demons are NOT associated with these three evil religions at all!! Those three religions are nothing but pure evil and are only around to corrupt Him and His Demons and lie about them all being pure evil when they are NOT!! Lucifer and His Demons are NOT evil so why the fuck would He and His Demons be a part of these three evil religions!?
Judaism, and Islam are not the three religions of xtainity, Laughing 
I never mentioned Islam, i do not think what the demon think of what i never said. 
Calm down, do not proselytize, I am not interested in the true religion because I say it it's true and my religion say it's true.
I know very well that Satanism reverses the ideas of Abrahamic monotheism. 
But there are billions of other religions that have demons, Buddhism, Shinto, paganism. 
All I have left to say is that you are a Retard.
:icondastyni:
Dastyni Featured By Owner Edited Mar 19, 2018
6th sense..intuition.
Flagged as Spam
:iconfluffykittypinky10:
Fluffykittypinky10 Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2018
I apologize but this comment peaked my interest. Stuff like this is the same way for me, except I can see beings such as angles, demons, ghost, and spirits. Its nice sometimes.
Flagged as Spam
Fluffykittypinky10 Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018
I have never heard of most of those. Are they good? Also are you able to see spirits?
Flagged as Spam
Fluffykittypinky10 Featured By Owner Mar 22, 2018
Ah.. So I see. I am sure that you do not.

That is quite sad..
Flagged as Spam
Fluffykittypinky10 Featured By Owner Mar 23, 2018
That is nice I guess. But I mean. It is your life, not mine.
(1 Reply)
Fluffykittypinky10 Featured By Owner Mar 17, 2018
Since I can see spirits like angles and demons, I can answer some of this. A human can see spirits if their 3rd eye is open. As for the religion, it depends on how they see angles and demons. Since I am not in a religion, I see things differently as others that are actually in one. And with me having both an angel and a demon bound/assigned to me, it kinda depends on the person's view points. However I prefer to not follow religious beliefs Since they blind humans and not show them how the world actually is. For example, not all demons are hostile or evil, and angles are not perfect beings.I know this from experience.
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
and how do you see them? , humans in flesh and blood, or transparent shadows or other?
Fluffykittypinky10 Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2018
Humans in flesh and blood. Except the angles have halos and wings. The demons do look like humans (they were once human) but have fangs, horns, and a tail. Demons and angels both have different appearances depending on what they looked like when they were alive.

When an angel and demon is about to show themselves to a human,they both appear in a different way. For example, angles fade in and become corporeal. Demons will show themselves as a black, white, or red like smock/shadow before going into what they actually look like (becoming corporal).
:iconambireseiche:
AmbireSeiche Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think it's mostly just energies at differing frequencies and densities or whatever, some lower some higher, to oversimplify it. Dante's Comedy(not just his Inferno) and Chün-fang Yü's book on Kuan-Yin might give you more insights, to start with. Some old grimoires can be interesting too. Even the same entities can be seen in different ways by different people in different times, there's not a single vision or anything.

www.amazon.com/Kuan-yin-transf…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_K…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraxas
:iconjwa2277:
JWA2277 Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
There is light, and dark. Humanity walks somewhere in between.
What we feel , and see, is not all that there is.
Everyone finds "God", their own way.
Those who lived before us, have insight. But every life finds it's own "angels" and "demons".
:iconcrazyllama95:
CrazyLlama95 Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
From what I've seen, both 'demons and angels', as we know them today, stem from the ancient term 'daemon'. 
A bunch of [MONOTHEISM] after, here we are.
There are no benevolent/malevolent spirits. Only tricksters. 
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes but the Genius was much more like the angels, and this spirit was a protector, and never negative or spiteful.
The  benevolent element was more present in these deities.
CrazyLlama95 Featured By Owner Edited Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
''and never negative or spiteful''
People in this day and age can take anything as ''negative or spiteful'' if it doesn't match their worldview.
Tricksters like jokes. And most of the time, the subject of the joke doesn't like them that much.
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Why should someome has to enjoy this jokes, we are ignorant in the matter, 
vulnerable and we can not defend ourselves from these beings if they exist. 
I want to show you how in ancient times some entities were negative, not only now, and example the "Lemures"
a kind of spiteful ghosts, in ancient Rome people were terrified of them, to keep them quiet they invented parties dedicated to them.
CrazyLlama95 Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sure.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
It depends on which Christian tradition you have in mind.

In the one I know best, you will almost certainly not see an angel unless you're in a state of high spiritual advancement, achieved by prayer and fasting. Any appearance of an angel when you are not in that state is therefore likely to be a demonic presentment. An actual appearance of a demon is also a very rare event, though. More often, they believe humans are influenced by each in more subtle means; demons by way of temptation, angels by way of resistance. Demonic temptation very often arrives in the form of "logismoi", uncharacteristic thoughts that seem to arrive suddenly, out of nowhere.
:iconthermidorresistance:
ThermidorResistance Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Here you go.

www.religionfacts.com/big-reli…

It's quite an extensive chart that is in English but hopefully you can pick out some of the things.  It covers the major religions but also a bunch of others too
:iconlady1venus:
Lady1Venus Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist Writer
to many people, it's their belief that if you have a "third eye", you can see them. It's an internal eye that helps you see what others can not. Or hear or even feel and sense.... many think of it as the "6th sense" but it goes way beyond that
Add a Comment: