Why God still exists even if evolution is correct

A lot of atheists think that evolution disproves God because all life can be explained as an evolution of another life form. But one thing they've failed to account for is if God doesn't exist, who made the first life form?

The first life form couldn't have come from evolution as there was nothing to evolve from. Where do atheists think it came from? Rocks? Dirt? Trees?

It's obvious that some believe that Satan created the first life form and proof that some atheists are secretly Satanists. But doesn't it require just as much faith to believe in Satan as to believe in God?

God rules, science drools.

Peace! Make America great again!
Comments622
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Some people believe that Satan created life!?
Well, some people believe that Lucifer created humans, does that count?
its a beautiful idea.tnx
Wait, did you just say that trees are not life? There is no reason to continue this discussion, do at least try to educate yourself on the workings of this wonderful universe that we have the privilege to inhabit.
If trees are alive, then how come they don't move?
Stop being an idiot. Also, they move, observe longer and more closely.
I stared at one for like 10 minutes and nothing.
Nice one xD
However, life isn't about "move = life, not move = not life". It's more about excitability. 
But, let's play with your one, I like it)
So, if sand flies on air then I could say - it's alive? Like, If I'm on playground and there is moving sand - the whole playground alive?
No, because sand can't move on its own.
So, if human can't move on its own then he is not alive?
Interesting view on disabled people
Steven Hawking couldn't move his arms or legs, but he could move his eyes, so he was alive.
I was talking about Steven Hawking?
View all replies
It's called abiogenesis. There's been a lot of study on how life could have first come into existance. For example, we know that lightning can form amino acids and some proteins in certain chemical combinations. All that would be required for life to begin is that one set of protein or amino acids was self replicating, which partially happens already.

And even if we had no idea how life could begin naturally, that doesn't mean God created the first life. That's called the "god of the gaps" argument, when you say that proof of god is in the ever-decreasing group of knowledge that science has yet to discover.
Scientists will never discover everything. XD
Eventually they will. Sure, it may take millions of years and it may take hundreds (probably closer to the first) but eventually this universe and its laws will be quantified fully.

And even if the human mind is not capable of understanding the universe in all of its details, that doesn't mean that a god created it, and it certainly doesn't mean that your chosen deity created it.
Just read the Bible already, you closed-minded liberal.
I did.  I was raised as a Christian.  But then I started questioning how I knew things to be true, and not just lies told to me by others, well meaning or not, whether they believed them or not.

I realized that the only way to know for certain what was true and what wasn't was to judge it based on the evidence.  And then I looked at the religious beliefs I had been raised with and even other religions and realized that none of them had good evidence for what they believed.  So I could no longer accept that which had no evidence for it.

It doesn't make me close minded to not be gullible.

Also, not a liberal.
Have you ever read my proof that God exists?
As in the first post?

I've read lots of "proofs" god exists.  All rely on logical fallacies.
View all replies
There are many religions that tie in evolution. One is namely deism (which is what I believe) where god created all but let it move along like clockwork; thus implying both the existence of god and evolution.