Details

February 9
Link

Statistics

Replies: 501

Why God still exists even if evolution is correct

:iconretrospriteresources:
RetroSpriteResources Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2018
A lot of atheists think that evolution disproves God because all life can be explained as an evolution of another life form. But one thing they've failed to account for is if God doesn't exist, who made the first life form?

The first life form couldn't have come from evolution as there was nothing to evolve from. Where do atheists think it came from? Rocks? Dirt? Trees?

It's obvious that some believe that Satan created the first life form and proof that some atheists are secretly Satanists. But doesn't it require just as much faith to believe in Satan as to believe in God?

God rules, science drools.

Peace! Make America great again!

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:icondikawolf:
DikaWolf Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
It is a misnomer that Evolution discounts God. Not even Darwin (who became pretty close to if not atheist himself after a while) believed that.

"a man may be an ardent Theist and an evolutionist" - Charles Darwin 1879

Pope Francis himself does not dismiss Evolution and is in fact fine with it:

"When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so," Francis said.

"He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfillment."

"God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life," the pope said. "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve."
:iconkoshej:
Koshej Featured By Owner 23 hours ago
"Let's reduce God to even lower tiers of Power Level and Force Using than even us humans - it will greatly improve our chances of brainwashing another zombie victim into believing in our own god-man."
DikaWolf Featured By Owner Edited 22 hours ago  Professional Digital Artist
More like the Pope came from a scientific background, and decided that the church's purpose is not to go against science but instead find its place in it. I've always had this mindset even before this, and was glad and proud the new Pope fell into the same line of thinking.
Koshej Featured By Owner 22 hours ago
This is exactly the same thing that *I* said - putting more VALUE into science than into God's Words.
DikaWolf Featured By Owner Edited 21 hours ago  Professional Digital Artist
God's words was never in conflict with science. It is our own arrogance and avarice that made it so.
Koshej Featured By Owner 20 hours ago
The correct wording should have been: "science was never in conflict with God's words".
Case in point showing exactly what I'm talking about here.
DikaWolf Featured By Owner Edited 20 hours ago  Professional Digital Artist
No I stated it right. God is not at fault here. It us that corrupt God's words to fit our own agendas.
Koshej Featured By Owner 20 hours ago
That's a THIRD wheel in the equation, hence irrelevant.
My point is that it's NOT that "God needs to fit science" - but in reverse, "science has to fit God's literal account".
The problem (and that "third wheel") appears when people try doing the OPPOSITE - "fitting God to science", not vice versa.
So it's a DISGRACE when a religious leader speaks in this context of "God must make way for science".
Which is what you openly support as well, so it's YOUR shared disgrace as well.
Enjoy.
(1 Reply)
RetroSpriteResources Featured By Owner 2 days ago
That was beautiful.
:iconlunaurorakoroleva:
LunauroraKoroleva Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What annoys me are creationists and hardcore evolutionists. Evolution and religion don't really oppose each other at all. I'm both an evolutionist and I believe in God, which obviously earns me lots of hate from both sides. I wonder why people can't seem to understand that there is a middleground ... I guess all arguments have taken an extremist viewpoint nowadays.
Koshej Featured By Owner 2 days ago
How do you personally reconcile "literal Genesis" with "literal evolution"?
If you remove "literal" from either of them - then you aren't really COMBINING those views, but SUBMITTING to the one NOT "edited".
Meaning, you are either an evolutionist that pretends believing in God (but ignores His own words).
Or you are a believer with some strange views on evolution (but I tend to guess that the FORMER is the actual case, given statistics).
Well, I'm NEITHER case - I actually believe that God is *capable* of COMBINING literal Genesis with an APPEARANCE of literal evolution.
For one, He never needed to ask anyone's OPINION on what He should do or not, loool.
:iconmaskeddeviantreturns:
MaskedDeviantReturns Featured By Owner 2 days ago
"Meaning, you are either an evolutionist that pretends believing in God"
Implying that one cannot believe in God and evolution at the same time, and those who profess to do just that you assume are fakers.

"
Or you are a believer with some strange views on evolution"
Which is what you are what with your fake past/advance start/matrix dino/viel of creation thing.

"
For one, He never needed to ask anyone's OPINION on what He should do or not, loool."
It is actually more like you never asked God's opinion when you decide what God does or doesn't do. Though I suppose being a fictional character, God does whatever the believer wants God to do. Kind of like how whoever is writing a Superman comic can make Superman do whatever they desire.

"
If you remove "literal" from either of them - then you aren't really COMBINING those views, but SUBMITTING to the one NOT "edited".
Wait for it...

"
actually believe that God is *capable* of COMBINING literal Genesis with an APPEARANCE of literal evolution."
And there is the hypocrisy. I'm sure you are not smart enough to realize (based purely on your past displays of ingorance towards commonly understood words). If you give something the appearance of being literal when it is not, then by definition it is not literal. It is a fake, an illusion, a trick, a falsification, a forgery, a lie. So despite your constant insistence that everyone should accept your "advance start" thing as the ideal solution to make both YEC and evolution true, what you are actually doing is asserting that YEC is true by making evolution an illusion.

You may now go ahead and coware away from me by making your dismissive irrelevant childish remarks. Bark like a dog for me again.
Koshej Featured By Owner 1 day ago
You obviously failed to understand the word "pretends".
Even though it defines YOU pretty much 101% of time.
:iconmaskeddeviantreturns:
MaskedDeviantReturns Featured By Owner 1 day ago
"Pretend": speak and act so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not. Example: Koshej pretends that his "adnavce start" religion is equally as valid as the theory of evolution.
RetroSpriteResources Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Preach!
:iconaposteri:
Aposteri Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:icontrollinthedungeonplz:
:iconadamkass:
AdamKass Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Professional General Artist
Hush you.  Don't go ruining our fun of trolling the troll....
:iconarmorfelix2012:
ArmorFelix2012 Featured By Owner 6 days ago
There's such a thing as chemical evolution that predates life, due to the versatility of carbon in creating a multitude of organic compounds. All you really need is a compound that can replicate, increase its complexity; all while being subject to selective pressures. If a protein coat helps you withstand solar radiation you will eventually have one-- assuming that the materials are available. Another thing is that RNA is both a blueprint and a toolkit, i.e. strands can take on unique shapes to assist in the chemical coupling on other strands. This is a house that can build itself, you just don't see all the scaffolding since it has worn away after millions of years.
RetroSpriteResources Featured By Owner 6 days ago
Okay.
:iconprecipitous120:
Precipitous120 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2018
Because God is perfect, God doesn't visit Earth every now and then to change an animal so it has a better chance at surviving

Instead God created Evolution to do all that for him... he probably only created everything in existence in 7 seconds or something, and is now just sitting back relaxing :)
Yeah. :)
Also the big bang doesn't disprove God

Before the big bang what was there? Gases elements and stuff floating around in space, but before that what was there? Before space what was there?

Science is a limitation of understanding, it only sees to a point and not beyond that. By Being Religious you admit that you don't know everything but what you do know is that there is a God, which already makes you more knowledgeable then any scientist ;P

PS I don't like calling God 'him', since it is a misconception considering God is described as 'the eternal spirit' in the Bible. He isn't man he is a being not a sex
I completely agree.
:iconismynamegay:
ismynamegay Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018  New Deviant
who created god?

it's confirmed russian hackers messed up the elections in at least 20 states. make america lie again
Well, maybe liberals are just salty and throwing all the blame on Russia.
:iconsaeter:
Saeter Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018
Weren't republicans mad at Russia before the election because they were harboring Edward Snowden?
Wait, Snowden is real?
:iconfessor2000:
fessor2000 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2018
Evolution doesn't deal with the emergence of life, for that you'll have to look at abiogenesis.
Okay.
:icongrilledkid:
grilledkid Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
evolution proves pokemon exist so does Arceus
I WISH Pokemon were real.
:iconsparrowhawk135:
SparrowHawk135 Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2018  Hobbyist Photographer
  Laugh LOL 
:iconneiot:
Neiot Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2018
What?
:iconsuperftmn:
superftmn Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
😅
:iconhyunthecarrot:
HyunTheCarrot Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
same
:iconhyunthecarrot:
HyunTheCarrot Featured By Owner Edited Feb 10, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
I don't really want to get into any religious fights or something with anybody but the bible is obviously fake, and I mean all religions are fake. Let's be real, the chances of any real god is, what, 0/100? People have pretty much proved that the bible is fake, hell, American Dad has even pointed out the things that aren't even possible in the bible.

Also. Did you seriously just put 'make America great again' at the end of your post?
:iconfavorisveons:
Favorisveons Featured By Owner 2 days ago   Digital Artist
Do you try to see other religious
you know Christianity is not the only religion it exists
what about others?
How exactly is the Bible fake, where is your proof?

Since you made the claim, you need to list your evidence
:iconhow2101:
how2101 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
You know, I think considering the chances, it's more likely there's a God out there than evolution existing. 
:iconnaphedonist:
NAPhedonist Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2018
Even if a god or gods exist, The Bible is obviously not accurate.
How exactly is the Bible fake, where is your proof?

Since you made the claim, you need to list your evidence
NAPhedonist Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2018
No, you prove it isn't fake. Specifically Genesis. Prove Genesis isn't fake or shut the fuck up.
Yeah, that is not how a debate works

the person making the claim has to prove it

you can't just say, "I know for a fact that the world is flat!"

Without having sufficient proof, or else your argument is just thrown out
NAPhedonist Featured By Owner 6 days ago
I don't have to prove something is false, you are making the claim that it is true so you have to prove it is true. That's how debate works.
No one has proved the Bible isn't true and of course I said it.
The real crux of the matter is that no one has ever proved the bible is true in the first place.
JESUS DID!
That's a claim and one that despite popular opinion has not been verified.
THE BIBLE VERIFIED IT!
Add a Comment: