Details

Closed to new replies
June 14, 2006
Link

Statistics

Replies: 27

Date Ideas........for a very very small town.

:iconccdude:
CCdude Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006
Just a couple highschoolers starting to go out. The thing is, we live in a very small town, and there really isn't much else to do, other than the dinner/movie/bowling type of thing. No putput, no clubs, no art/museum places. lol. There's really nothing. I want to be able to enjoy my time with my guy in different ways, other than sitting in the dark at a movie theater. (although its nice..) I'm a creative girl, and I like to come up with ideas and new ways to do things, but I'm a brain farted right now. Does anyone have any advice? *appreciated!*

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshesaidnoone:
shesaidnoone Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
I think I may have given you advice a week or so ago. Well, I gave someone advice.

Basically, what I told them was to just hit up a coffee shop and talk to each other. Maybe go for a walk around a town square or something like that. Most old towns with nothing to do have some historical monuments that you can walk around. Sounds lame, but i use to do it during college for first dates. Always lead to good conversation. Not always a second date though.
:iconmeltedsquirrel:
meltedsquirrel Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006  Student Photographer
I live in a small town too. or what is quickly becoming a bigger town but anyways. Some suggestions...Go fly kites, go ice blocking, hikes are usually good, You can get other couples together and have a game night
CCdude Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Thanks, everyone! I actually had an interesting idea this morning...
Today, even though I've lived in my town for about 6 years..lol, I finally discovered that we had/where it is a cemetary. (seriously..i had never thought of it before, or cared to look) There's a cafe type of place about a mile away, and I was thinking that we could go there, and then walk to the grave yard..just kinda hang out and check it out. *not in a creepy gothic way..* Idk, I just thought it'd be interesting to go and read the graves...things like that.
:iconlelekelley:
lelekelley Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Go for a walk some where and find a nice little private place for just the two of you where you can picnic and laugh and be yourselves away from everything else.
:icongrandmasterrod:
GrandMasterROD Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006   Photographer
Small town, eh? Like you said, major attractinos arent available but chances are, that youre surrounded by coutryside, how about a walk and a picnic or something?

Also pool halls are good for dates aswell.

Other than that, theres always bowling etc. like you said. Or Simply rent a video.
Sorry for double posting, submit button wasnt working ^^;
Small town, eh? Like you said, major attractinos arent available but chances are, that youre surrounded by coutryside, how about a walk and a picnic or something?

Other than that, theres always bowling etc. like you said. Or Simply rent a video.

:iconvoiceofmadness:
VoiceofMadness Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Have a picnic.

Go hiking, if you have trails you don't mind trees and dirt and bugs. I know some people hate that sort of thing though.

Go to a playground and act like a little kid.

Find another couple, go to a grocery store, and have cart races.

If you've got a pool hall, go play billiards.
:iconinasnumangelus:
InasnumAngelus Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Skating rinks, parks, local museums, horseback riding...
:iconvallendester:
vallendester Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006  Student
from a small town myself. its hard to meet anny new ppl, coze there are no new ppl.
everybody knows everybody.
so most of the time, i travel to another city.
when i dont have the money to travel, i go creative.
make a huge canvas, paint on it. hang it in your bedroom.
do things around the house, like gardening (sounds boring)
or just hang around with some friend. tell them to bring some friends along so you still meet new ppl. have a theam party.
look into a new sport. (a.k.a like as a cute guy to teatch you how to skateboard)
:iconjmzng:
jmzng Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
aside form I ahve a tendacy to be an total idiot...if these ideas are stupid jsut tell me to shut up...

a) Color party! Pretty much everyone is assigned a different color and thus they have to wear their assigned color
b) Rollerblade/bike? Not the most exciting but can still be quite fun
c) well if either of you can drive take a day trip to a bigger city?
:iconcyla:
cyla Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
At least you have a choice between bowling/dinner/movie. We don't even have those in my small town. We just end up renting movies and playing video games.
:iconikio:
Ikio Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Cow Tipping.
:icongorillazxx:
gorillazxx Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
make it special. dude, cook WITH her, then eat it while watching a funny movie. somthing original and fun :D do you live far away from a city? if not too far away, drive to a large city, (under a 2 hour drive suggested) and go around to shops or somthing. :D
:iconmandajay:
MandaJay Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
I grew up in a REALLY small town too (400 people) Couple things to do...

1- find a lake and do some old school fishing (ie stick, string, and pins)... you'd be surprised how fun it can be..
ii- find a local playground...go on the swings, monkeybars etc... its a lot easier now that you're probably taller etc, but its fun to reminese :D
iii- grab some wax paper.. all kinds of foods, carrot sticks, marshmellows, pudding, jello etc.. and "paint" a scene together with the edibles... of course feeding each other -or accidently missing the paper while "painting"
iv- Paint by numbers!! With your wrong hand..
v- make a pinata...bash it to bits on a picnic
vi- make treasure hunts for each other throughout the town... have a picnic dinner at the end..or rent a projector and have an outdoor movie waiting (garages work great!)...

There's all kinds of things to do, just think outside the box :D
:iconchristianninja:
ChristianNinja Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Go to random businesses....tell them you're on a scavenger hunt, and ask for random obscure items. It can be pretty humurous, and you get free stuff. It's not really a romantic thing...but its fun as hell.

Drive around and heckle people. It sounds mean, but not if you do it right. Yell things that wont be offensive to that person. If you see someone walking along- ehhh nevermind. I just realised I'm a bastardly hoodlum.
:iconcaylin:
Caylin Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
you live in a small town. I'm SURE there's a flea market around somewhere. Or you could always go yard/garage saleing. I know those sound weird,but some guys really get into it. And if he's into you,he'll like getting to know more about you than just what you'd buy at wal-mart or some such. And hey,he might rediscover an old hobby,an old favorite movie-anything.
CCdude Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
Oh, thats an interesting idea. Thanks!
:iconcaylin:
Caylin Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
:heart: sure.
:iconcalos:
Calos Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2006
What about SEX parties...where people have sex and stuff or a bookclub....
CCdude Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006
"But if your town is REALLY THAT SMALL, make sure he isn't family,.. you never know ^^"

*dies laughing* lol..thanks everyone, its well appreciated. I'll keep my eyes peeled for interesting things to do. I like the sidewalk chalk idea somehow..lol. Cute!
:iconlig:
Lig Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006
I live in a town about that size too.
The only thing we ever do in this town for dates is walk by the lake or coffeeshop. You **could** go bowling, but... really. Uncreative.

So put that creativity into effect. Find a low roof on a public building and climb onto it, watch the city go by. Not everything has to be the monotonous, "what-movie-would-you-like-to-see-this-weekend". Fly a kite. Buy sidewalk chalk and vandalize a local sidewalk. Find a strange abandoned house and paint only one of the old fence posts bright pink. Just do goofy, spontaneous things that make you giggle. He'll probably enjoy them as much as you will.
:iconwijnha01:
wijnha01 Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006   Writer
Have sex.

j/k ^^

Act on impulse, climb a tree, do karaoke, act stupid, laugh make chance shots (pictures without the other one knowing), make faces at eachother or play stupid games you didn't do since kindergarten. xD

But if your town is REALLY THAT SMALL, make sure he isn't family,.. you never know ^^
:icononyxflame:
OnyxFlame Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006
One thing I was gonna do with my bf when he came to visit (which he can't do now *sniffle*) was go get some ice cream and then sit in the park eating it and watching the sunset. (And I know what you mean about the small town thing. Our theater isn't even open at the moment, so we couldn't even do the movie thing.)

Or if there's some geographical thingy like a river or mountain nearby, you could go there and do something.

Can't really think of anything else, except stuff you'd prolly think was too childish or something. But I'm weird like that. :P
:iconmibi:
mibi Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006
this works welll... explore.... you may live in a small town but im sure there are places you havent been before... so go find them... bring a small picknick.... you may have to break the law and go onto private property.... but thats all part of the fun... and its a bonding experience...
:iconaktmodel:
Aktmodel Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2006
what about theme picnics? think about something he likes, like a hobby and make a fun picnic in the nature out of it...with silly costumes and matching food and stuff.

make up a treasure hunt, which leads, in the end, to a romantic dinner or sundown or stuff.

take him for a walk and show him your favorite places, like...a nice shaped tree or some spot where youŽd sit and watch people...anything.
Add a Comment: