Incident at the airport

I'm very depressed at the moment because I haven't been able to get over an incident that occured at the airport last March.

Me and my mom were bumped off two flights because they were overbooked. Next, we had to be driven home by my dad because the next flight that was assigned to us wasn't until 9:00 PM (8:00 PM Central Time).

I've been unable to get over this incident. I don't know if I'll be able to get on an airline again if it doesn't get overbooked...
Comments48
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
HOW. THE. FUCK. DOES. MISSING. FURFAGGOTRY. TRAUMATIZE. YOU

SERIOUSLY. GET. SOME. FUCKING. HELP
Naww man be pissed about it , pissed is good , then you fit in w/ the rest of us waiting for friggin ever because the airlines sold more tickets then they have seats for, they dont have computers and shit to keep track of the numbers , this is good for National security, when the pussy terrorists try to jack us we will be right on the edge of insanity and Gnash on them w/ our friggin teeth ,
i think if you eat one and shit him out , he cant go to rag head heaven and collect $200.00 and his bevy of virgins.
pissed is good
You're overreacting.
why depressed? angry is the word. i would be annoyed not depressed.
If this is your greatest problem in life, you are a happy person! I travel a lot (if you look at my gallery you will see). All airlines overbook their flight just in case. Here are some tips how to avoid the situation:

Check in using the internet if you can (with KLM you can check in 24 hours earlier using internet).
Go to the airport at least two hours before departure. Check-in desks open two hours earlier normally, but big airlines desk tend to open all times.
Re-confirm your ticket. Some airlines require to re-confirm the ticket 24 hours prior departure.

One more tip: whenever you fly, carry a small bag with spare underwear/shirt, and basic toiletry. Flights have the tendency to break down then you have to spend the night in a hotel.
depress? shouldnt u be angry? something like dat would piss me off
Don't sweat over the small stuff. lol
Well...

First of all, my plane was cancelled, I had to wait three hours, then it finally got permission to land; then we got on and it was fine until I was dragged half way around the fucking world, sedated, had drugs pumped into me, was taken home and realised the treatment they gave me still requires me to have 6 weeks of fucking chemotherapy.....

THAT'S something to be depressed over, yet I'm still smiling...

Get over it... Or shall I note you my whole life story?
Careful, it might be your stalker. :roll:
Ach true...

Now you'll have me looking over my shoulder with G36K all the time! D'oh!
Why not the G36C? More compact...
The G36K was the one we used last year, quite fun... I love it. Better than Cadet GP, SA-80 etc. the normal crap they give cadets...
Aparently. This is a stupid thread. It'll be locked soon.
And umm...... seek professional help if this is sucha big issue, flights always get overbooked, it's how airlines work. I can't even begin to imagine that this would actually upset you to the point where your depressed about it 6 months later
It's called overbookingitis
I don't get it. :confused:

Did you buy tickets in advance, or were you trying to buy them at the airport - hours before departure ?

But... I don't really see what there is to "get over". Shit happens. Whoopie.
every airline overbooks their flights that way they dont get empty seats if someone cancels, this happens all the time. even if you buy tickets in advance
Is there any procedure to who they would "drop" first ?
SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE

16 month old threads should stay McDeadNugget.
I didn't necro it... but now I'm curious ! :bucktooth: