masturbation problem......

yeah... like a few months ago, i went on these really strog pain meds for my foot surgery...during which i was prety high, and i masturbated... >-< ever since its been like i cant stop, and i consider my self a christian, and ive tried, but i just cant quit...is there any way to stop?
Comments170
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
typo: *bible.. sorry about that
it says this because.....

....i'm not sure!

google or wiki it see what it tells you
Why would you stop?
I'm a heathen/devil/pagan, so you may not listen to me, but I think it's silly to consider masturbation a sin. I mean, if you don't do it, then all you're doing is bottling all that sexual energy up until you explode - and rage is more harmful than pleasure. It's all part and parcel of having a human body.
I never understood why the christian god would consider something as necessary as sex (in all forms) a sin. If the pot is flawed, you don't blame the pot - you blame the potter. *annoyed*
Oh, and just so you know, moocow, you're not the only female out there 'gagging the clam,' so to speak. :D *points to self*
Gagging the clam. :lmao:
As a Christian, I find that if you don't worry about it, the more you won't do it.
christians cant masturbate? i better tell some of my friends to stop now heh .. i wouldnt worry too much about it. im an atheist but im still open-minded. if you believe in heaven/hell then i would think masturbating is nothing compared to suicide bombing (for example). so as long as you dont stray too far from your beliefs then your still going to heaven. if this has nothing to do with religion and you just want to stop. id say you should just hang out with your friends more often. unless you masturbate with your friends, then your SoL :P
so what if you masturbate? what does beeing christian go to do with it?
Because it's a sin? Maybe...
According to?
Joke thread, surely? American Dad reference!
:lol: That's exactly what I thought.
no joke, but American Dad rocks!
Masturbation is perfectly normal.

Stand out in the street, and just about everyone that walks past you will have masturbated at least once in their life.

The only real way to stop would be to rid yourself of a sex drive forever, and that's clearly not possible.

(P.S> if you're female and over 15, send a video and photos to Mallanoth, 342 Evergreen Road, Stateville, Australia PO Box 6601 :eyes:)
and no, im not sending you my picture =P
yeah... neither am i, but thanks! lol
buuuuuuuut if you want to talk to me via msn.....:P
lol, what problem??

coz ur a christian, it's only sinful if you masturbate and think of something perverted at the same time

the act itself isnt considered sinful, if your able to masturbate, and not look at/ think of anything lustful, then your doing no sin form a christian perspective.

remember the positives!!

1) you can do it anytime your ready ( unlike sex)

2) you cant get pregnant from it!

3) it lessens your sexual tension and calms your sex drive, therefore you wont need to whore yourself!

theres probz more postives, do some research =p

so schlick away! ( assuming your a girl, like ur page says)
I really don't see why masturbating and believing in God have to conflict with each other. There's a passage in the bible about Onan being smote in some way for spilling semen, but there's a lot of controversey there as to whether what was considered a sin was the waste of valuable gametes or failure of Onan to give his brother's wife children. You're female, so you don't have any semen and you can't impregnate people, thus you're safe either way.

Now comes the longer part.

-----WARNING: CONTAINS LOGIC. SOME VIEWERS MAY BE OFFENDED.-----

The concept of 'lust' being evil is ridiculous. Sexual attraction exists. If you can assess if someone of the opposite sex is isn't pleasing to look at, you've subconsciously guaged their sexual attractiveness and are "guilty" of lust. People who better themselves are "guilty" of pride. People who have a desire and work towards it are "guilty" of materialism or greed. By this philosophy, the only man capable of virtue would be one born deprived of all senses, motivation and cognition.

The ONLY logical purpose of this kind of teaching is as a means of conferring universal guilt upon a all people, where their very existence is a sordid thing which must be villified and sacrificed. Guilty people can be controlled, so an obvious path to absolute power is to make sure EVERYONE is guilty. Christianity has in fact added an additonal level of redundancy over the primative systems before it. It has gone as far as to say that _everyone_ posesses original sin. That is, you're guilty by default, because you exist.

Let's recap:
- You are born inherently guilty. The only path to redemption is obedience.
- Pursuit of knowledge is evil. If you seek even to verify your direction, you sin.
- Your desires are reprehensible. You should seek to sacrifice everything. (Who do you suppose recieves it?)

Fully accepting these premises is a total abdicatipn of the rights and responsibility of conscious thought. "Selling your soul" if you will. This perfect intellectual vacuum is the medium true evil requires to grow unhindered.

I believe in God, and I do not believe that any being with capacity to create life in all its complexity would desire any portion of it to adopt such a state.
hopefully I don't sound rude or anything, but I'm not religious myself so I've always wondered why do christians consider masturbation sinful??
I've been told that it's considered sinful for men to masturbate because it causes them to "spill their seed", which is essentially aborting potential lives. Don't know for sure how accurate that is, though.