Would you leave this situation or continue to stay?

Comment hidden
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
call for help, in some locations you can even text the police.  also, in some locations, you can call and hang up and dispatch will send someone to check up on the situation.  remember to try to record everything if possible, since they are controlling and dangerous try to do so without them noticing.  get therapy as soon as you get out of said situation and get into contact with crisis centers they will help you recover.  I'm uncertain if this is parent or partner.  partners the crisis centers will be domestic violence/other.  parent it's a different story and you could try a family member that is willing to take you in.
I have to find the right time to call the police. Not easy, but I'll manage before November.

Please do. I don’t even know you but this situation has me really worried for you

I'm doing the best I can. I'll make sure to update when I get out of here

Thank you. *gives biggest hug from across the country*. You are strong, and I KNOW you have the strength to get the heck outta that place

Leave this situation. This isn't up for debate. Any imbalance in a relationship should be a cue for self-reflection.
Thanks for your advice
Leave leave leave leave that's not good for you.
You said you're his pet you said yourself he rarely buys you gifts on Christmas.

Are you happy there, are you happy? You have feelings feel for him? Do you want to leave? And if you do do you have a place to go?
That's not healthy for you you have no life you stay in the house that's not healthy at all you'll go crazy in the house.
I'm curious how did you post this dose he let you have a phone at all times? Helet you get online your have your own?
I can get on the phone, but can't make calls when I need to
I was in the same situation, noped the hell outta there, I am feeling much better now.
You can almost always find food, money and shelter elsewhere, it is not worth staying with an abuser ;;
Thanks. I realized that I need to get out of here regardless of the pandemic. I'll figure something out

I am so glad you took that decision, it sounds like the safest option :D I wish you luck !

I'd leave. If you're an adult you don't have to deal with that nonsense.
You're right. I don't have to put up with this.
Be independent. Leave. The read flags are all over the place. Its not ok now, it wont be okay in the future. It sounds to me you're only living, but don't really have a life. The only card that person has on you was your dependence. Remove that from the equation, there's no other reason to stay. Goodluck

Thank you, I'm gonna get out of here

This is not actually better than nothing. I'd be out of there on the first day. They could try to stop me leaving the house.
I'm definitely getting out of here. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the crazy one if that makes sense, because I often feel mindfucked.
Doubtless that is part of the intent.
You should read some of History. Leave, just as Australia left from UK house, they were bad times but at the end Australia became independent and nowadays is the biggest country in the Oceanic continent.
That made me smile a bit, the comparison is actually pretty cool. Thanks. I also didn't know that about Australia.
It sounds like to me, you got your own answer. 

You don't need people on DA to back you up on this life choice.