Do you Think I May Have Depression/PTSD?

I know this sounds like self-diagnosing bogus, and I know that this isn't a psychologist/therapist's office, but bare with me here; I'm starting to feel like I might be showing signs of both depression and PTSD, with a side of anxiety.
I have difficulty going to sleep/going to bed in a healthy hour, I have flashbacks to numerous events that traumatized me, and even avoiding anything that reminds me of said trauma. I also have been very self-critical about my flaws, experiencing suicidal thoughts/have attempted to commit suicide a couple of times.
IDK if something is truly wrong with me, but whatever answers/advice you have for me, I'll happily take it.
TL;DR my mental health is falling apart but unsure if that's the case
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
assets.nhs.uk/tools/self-asses…
www.depressioncenter.org/toolk…
depression.org.nz/is-it-depres…

If you feel like you're not well, you should go consult a professional anyways. Whether you have depression/ptsd/anxiety or not. 
Think of it like this, does the lable truly matter?
If you have symptoms that are problematic to you it's always worth it to look further into them to see if you can maybe find a solution.

Maybe you can do it yourself in which case I'd say, try to look into advice and help for your specific sympthoms.
If you think you might need/want some help then you can probably get a proper diagnosis either way.
Honestly yes, in a mental health context a correct diagnosis can make a huge difference in terms of which types of therapy may work better.

In any case Solstice-Opal, please try to get a professional opinion if possible.
And in the meantime until you can find someone, please be kind to yourself.

That's about what I said. Either you do your best to take care of the symptoms regardless of the label, or you get a label and get more specific help against the symptoms that are associated with it.

Or with other words, the label doesn't matter for the question "should I get help" only for the question how to do so.

The idea was that regardless of the name attached to the symptoms, OP still has those symptoms to deal with. So self diagnosis (for the label) or not they should still get help for those.

Ooooh, okay now I get it. Sorry, it was a misunderstanding on my part!

I can say for sure that you are having PTSD symptoms, I can’t say anything for depression as I’ve had it all my life and have never not known it. I suggest talking to your GP about medication options and if they have any recommendations for therapists/psychologists/psychiatrists; a therapist and psychologist can help you just by talking and mental/verbal exercises, a psychiatrist can help you find the right medication and dosage that works for you if you decide to take medication to help ease your symptoms. One thing that helps with the doctor names is medicine has an “I” in it like psychIatrist so they can help you with medicine. 

I hope you get the help you need/want and if you decide to go to therapy that you find a good person who clicks with you and helps you progress. 
It sounds like you have both of those. I suffer greatly from that as well, along with many other things. Some of those feelings can be helped with by the correct medication. I would advise going to your family doctor and talking about that.