Boy help?

Okay, so there is this boy on Facebook, and we have been Facebook friends for awhile, because we both shared a mutual friend. Me and him both work at the same place, but haven't seen each other yet, because we work different shifts. 

Anyways...he starts to give me messages, and he asks a few questions about me, but it very quickly turns to flirting..a lot of flirting. I am guilty of flirting back, because he's nice and cute, but a part of me deep inside kinda feels he might be playing me for whatever reason.

Am I wrong to feel that way? What should I do? I feel lost...
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't think Facebook is the place to get serious about a boy. Fun chit chat , ok, but don't get serious on it and I would not date a boy that works where I work. LOL Sorry for being a pessimist ! In general I say trust your feelings and it's not wrong to feel whatever you feel but online, feelings can be blurred. Stay in the real world. 

I get what you mean...I honestly feel so very iffy about the whole thing.

It's not wrong to feel that way. The real question is, does he feel the same way as you? The sooner you know, the better. But before you can fall for him, make sure you know what kind of a man he is.
I think you should take the leap with this guy, but keep your guard up just in case.
Do not get invested unless he does. Do not give extra. If he pulls apart, you pull apart further
Well either he is really thirsty and is just looking for someone to match his vibe or he really doesn’t know how to talk to a lady. What’s his age? And I know I might get people saying that age doesn’t matter but any information might help to try and understand how he thinks. In my opinion nice and cute aren’t really enough for someone to jump from hi to flirting instantly. If your really worried about getting hurt All I can say is to value yourself because I had friends that got away with things like this cause they were really nice and cute and ended up being real jerks. I’ve also been guilty of doing this in the past and I’m not proud of it. That’s why I’m here trying to redeem myself with my advice

Thanks for replying. He's in his early twenties. I'm just feeling very cautious, because he seems to want to get over the friend stage, and for me, feels like red flags right there. Personally, I would rather be friends with a person for a long time, and really get to know each other first, before even thinking about getting together.

yea their certainly are red flags. Most of the guys that I know who are in their early 20s are still immature in their way of thinking . Dont be pressured into anything. if you tell him what you want i bet he’ll back off a bit. Especially if you add marriage and kids to the list lol

So, I'm not a guy but I have 'guy' friends and an older sister.. I think you should investigate first before you let him break your heart. Investigating as in talking to his friends of ex's! try to find every little detail [like if he's actually faithful]
It;s your choice. So if you feel okey with that now, just don't think about this "friendship" too much.
He is playing. Trust me.
Am I wrong to feel that way?
You feel what you feel. There's no right or wrong. 

Plus it's a possibility :shrug: 

What should I do? 
General advice on flirting/relationships.. invest (time, effort, feelings, etc) only as much as the other person does. 

Try not to develop any serious feelings until things are confirmed.. or at least until you actually get to meet and interact with the person face-to-face. 

Don't seem desperate for this guy's attention is my advice. The type that gets enjoyment in playing with another's emotions are at their base a narcissus. I hope that this is not the case for you though.
Protect yourself. You're number one ;w;
Honey, if you feel bad about him, it might be a sign of protection. It is good you feel that way. Drop him. Do not go after him for the wrong reason.
It's not inherently wrong to feel that way, but don't let that make you do or say something you might regret. If you're insecure about his intentions or interests in you, then i'd recommend asking it clearly and politely.