do i have anxiety ?

it's been 3 years since i started studying in a new school and i noticed something changed in my personality

I used to be so friendly and talkative and when i started in this new school i was so afraid of what other people could think of me , i started to try to avoid speaking to other people becayse it made me feel ( and it still makes me feel) very nervous and unconfortable , speaking to others makes me feel so nervous , my heart races and i feel sick , i think i blush since i feel that my face starts to feel warm , one day i was trying to speak to a classmate and she told me "are you okay ? you are shaking " and turns out i shake like that all the time but nobody bothered to tell me that since they thought i already knew it , i can't stop worrying and stressing about what other people could think of me , i always feel sick and to the verge of fainting / throwing or having a panick attack up when i have to do something in front of others , i once dared to raise my hand in class and i regreted it inmediately when everyone started to lopk at me , and i forgot everything i wanted to say , sometimes i feel i'm going to have a panick attack ( i already had 2 but one of them was all of sudden and the other one i wasn't really talking to anyone ) when i do something dumb in front of others

i don't k ow what to do since the quarantine made my self consciousness problems worse

i discovered my father had anxiety and i don't know if that could be related

sorry for the grammar or spelling
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yeah, that sounds like anxiety. Or like social anxiety disorder. Either way, it's anxiety.
I strongly advise you to see a therapist about it, if you can afford it. I also strongly advise you to speak with someone your trust and try to understand the core of your problem, even though a therapist could help you better.

i was going to see a therapist before quarantine but that plan got screwed (._. ) i talked to some members of my family , the things they told me made me feel better but really didn't helped me with treating my anxiety ;-; , they told me i needed to laugh at myself to make me less worried of what others could think of me , but i couldn't try that method , i investigated a bit about the disorder but i didn't wanted to simply say "oh well i have anxiety " so i better decided to ask for advise here , thanks for your reply ^^

If you want an advice from someone who's been there... ask for help, talk to people and FORCE yourself to do something very simple everyday, but something that takes you out of your comfort zone. It may be ask for info to someone, make a call, ask a store clerk to help you... small steps, small steps and you will see that your anxiety will slowly start to get smaller and smaller!

thank you so much for the advise <3 it really means a lot to me , i'll try to do it when all of this is over

I wish you the best!!!

Yes you have anxiety everyone in fact does have anxiety its not something you catch its a response. Whether or not you have a disorder you should leave to a professional but yes its fully normal to have anxiety and their is more cases popping up because of antisocial people not leaving their homes and socializing it doesn't necassarily mean you have a disorder.

Also avoiding people and situation will probably make it worse overtime.

well i've been experiencing this since some time ago but i guess i'll get help after quarantine is over , since that's what i originally was planning to do (._. )

I say just be very careful when it comes to pills, if you go in saying you have anxiety most likely they will agree you have a disorder whether you have it or not if you insist its very easy to get a false diagnoses. Most tests to diagnose anxiety are just that questionaire tests instead of physical evaluations. Xanax and other pills they may give you , you can experience serious withdrawels and side effects if taken very often and like most other pills it will lose its effectivness overtime so  you need a higher and higher dosage for it to be effective but imo I would try to work your way through this without the use of pills if possible dont immediately think pills are the only solution because it can lead you down the wrong path.

Dont automatically think people know what they're talking about even if its a doctor/psychologist etc always do your own research on any pills and stuff thats given or prescribed too you.

thanks for the advice , i'll be careful with that ^^

hope you get better and your anxiety improves just be careful with pills is all, good luck!

tysm <3 have a nice day and stay safe , if i ever get help i doubt i'll take pills