Extreme Gardevoir Obsession

Having Asperger's syndrome, I tend to focus on only one thing at a time, and I think it's gotten to the point where my online best friend and I have started to have a rift because I was (rightly) accused of wasting my life on Gardevoir staring. Pmd Gardevoir icon (worried) 

Favoriting over 400 pics within a day of joining, craving more and more as I speak... want more of that cute and exotic face... want so much of it. Pmd Gardevoir icon (worried) 

Advice? 
Comments77
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Bidoof > Gardevoir you nutcase
Justin Beaver > all
Is the obsession interfering with your life and relationships? Can you talk about other things and have friendships without Gardevoir coming into the conversation? It's definitely fine to be a big fan of something and love it to bits, but it only becomes a real problem if it makes day to day life difficult and strains your relationships with people.

If that is the case, you may need to look into some sort of therapy! ^^; DeviantART users are very likely not professionals at this, and you may need one on one sessions to specify things about your life and make plans to help overcome the obsessions enough to live fairly normally!

I wish you luck either way!
It's half-way to that state, I'd say. I can definitely talk to people about other stuffs but my Garde fixation is quite crazy. XD
OK!! Well it's a start to be aware that it may be getting a little out of hand. :nod: Most people with extreme obsessions don't really admit it can be a problem. All I can say is keep yourself grounded the best you can! Gardevoir is wonderful and cool but there's more to life and people may have other interests they want to talk about sometimes too. :thumbsup:

And again, if it does get out of hand, don't be afraid of the therapy option! They're there to help you sort your life out so you don't struggle too much with stuff like this!
I have Aspergers too and I used to have an unhealthy obsession over that one character Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening.

I drew him every day, I started to talk like him on a daily basis (people who know him know that he makes many unsettling and violent puns), I made a cosplay of him all on my own and wore it to conventions.... I was a literal reallife Henry (just I never killed people of course)

You know how it stopped?

I was on a convention, made some "friends", they offered me a cookie and I've eaten it. Only found out later that it was a speed cookie but I was already cramping and trembling in agony at that point from the poison leaving my body.

Since then I feel uncomfortable about this character because it is linked to the memory of actual pain. I deem myself cured ^^;

(also I am still embarrassed on what I behaved like under the influence of speed... I was so incharacter, I sent out death threats and fantasized loudly on how to kill who. I am still cringing at that memory.... luckily the convention was far away from my home urgh  )

so yeah advice... just wait until either something bad happens or the obsession is replaced by another/ vanishes by itself.
YIKES. At least you learn not to take drug laced food or drinks from those people again. My poor sister took Ecstasy with or without knowing it and she stay the FUCK away from those kind of drugs at parties.
oh HELL yes! I've been against drugs before but now I am even more against them if that is possible.

Never again do I want to feel such pain. ^^; 
also remember what I said in the note I do NOT advise anyone to take drugs, I was fooled into eating them and it was NOT funny!

Just keep going with what you like until you find something else - but that's how my obsession was cured. I hope nothing bad will happen to you but it can cure ones obsession too.

I hope I made that clear ^^;
Yep, you did loud and clear; drugs are bad and there's no exception.
I found that an obsession I had in the past was something I was able to put away after just not going to the site I could easily find it on. It was a pretty uncommon, out-of-the-way interest, so it was relatively easy to avoid. It has been perhaps 9-10 months since I last bothered looking up on the subject, and I avoid entertaining the idea of even looking it up. Going back to it just a little bit could get me hooked back into, and so I stay well away from it.

All that being said, how long has this obsession lasted? I am pretty sure it will die out after some time, if an effort is made.

*Gardevoir is my favorite pokemon, due to artists making the character interesting. Official Gardevoir is pretty bland.
The official version was the inspiration of all the fan interpretations. I find the traits really interesting and lots of people had the same idea I did. It's lasted months, by the way, culminating in making this account so I could compile a list of Gardes I like, and so far, I've got over a thousand that I find pretty good. Few of them have big boobs and the ones that do are usually artists I support on a personal level. Not really a big fan of huge-boobed Gardevoir.
Since it only lasted months, that doesn't seem to be too bad. If it were years, I'd be concerned. As it stands, you have only had the real issue of annoying an internet best friend and spending too much time looking for Gardevoir pics.

I am no expert, and you probably already really know how you will remedy the situation in the meantime:
-Talk about Gardevoir pics less to help your friend to your obsession and do away with the forming rift. Will you simply restrict it to being a closeted interest you will hide from people who know you, or will you go so far as to cut yourself off from even seeing them?
-There are only so many Gardevoir pics to favorite. Will your search get more frantic, or will you get tired? You will figure that one out in time.

How big are the busts of those particular Gardevoirs? Dysfunctionally large, head sized, or something more than a slight lump? Excessive size seem to be unfitting for a Gardevoir, and even less so when you do not want to entertain the idea of a sexualized one.
Anything from half-head sized and up, usually. If you look at my collection, the busts vary but they're never excessive. A certain character from an artist I love wasn't featured because her bust was too big and I didn't want to give the wrong impression.
Right, I've felt the same way about adding certain pics to my favorites collection.
Check my collection to see if that's the standard you want. :)
Fun fact: Gardevoir's humanoid appearance is only skin-deep. It's in the Amorphous egg group, meaning it has more in common anatomically with Muk, Koffing, and Garbodor than it does with mammalian creatures like us.
Pretty much, therefore Gardevoir and humans cannot have offspring. A story I read tackled that subject.
That's perfectly fine compare to some other weird obsessions you can find here. You dont have to do anything.
OOF well I'm half-way normal. Oh and check my faves for a product of my gorgeous obsession! XD
Well, you seem self aware that you have that obsession, so that's something. As a Pokemon fan and someone with Asperger's myself, I know what it feels like to unhealthily fixate on something. I don't want to have to tell you to stop if it's something you like doing, but you will alienate a lot of people if you don't put some sort of filter on it, and you don't want it to take over your personality to the detriment of your social life. I think that's where you should draw the line between fantasy and reality.
I'm building a Gardevoir 'favorites' section, gonna get as much as I can, then I might advertise my collection so people can find good quality pictures. Sometimes I wonder if reality even exists in my mind or not. Even outside of the PC and deviantArt, I feel like I'm living in a reality coated fantasy and that I'm somewhere in a nebulous void floating in psychological space. Team Charm, Gardevoir, Surprised