Keep dreaming of my ex girlfriend

Hi, hope that you are all well?

Is this wrong but I keep having dreams of my ex-girlfriend who died in a car accident six years ago?

I dream that she is still with me and that we are in bed hugging and kissing it feels so real that is until I wake up am I going mad or do I just miss her?
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In

hey bro, you gotta stop thinking about your ex..

I understand your feelings, but it only makes you depressed.
I think you need to pay attention to other women.if you ever met ukrainian women..

you can look at this site ukrainian-ladies.net/ 
You will be surprised by their beauty and traditions. good luck!!1
I think it's very obvious that you miss her. I can totally understand - I've lost people in my life too. I lost both of my grandfathers in the past several years and I still think about them a lot.

Maybe you could try talking about it with someone you trust. It doesn't have to be your parents - it can be friends, other relatives, maybe even a psychologist. It might also be good to visit her grave and bring flowers for her. My mom and my maternal grandma visit my maternal grandpa's grave every few months or so. Bringing flowers will show her that you care.

One thing that could help is that you can assure yourself that someday, after you die, you'll see her again. I've done this to help me cope with losing loved ones.
It's normal to miss someone you used to know so well.
But it can be hard if you had a relationship with them, making it even of a longer time that you'll miss them.
Because nobody can be replaced, the best thing you can do is accept what happened, happened.
Keep her in memory, visit her from time to time.
I don't know if you're still hurt by it or not, but if you're not fully moved on.
It will take time of self growth to finally live by your own rules again.
nothing strange, you're just missing her and your mind is making you visualize her in dreams so the brain can release the required amount of endorphins.

you would be mad if you dreamed worse stuff.
like Trump wearing a bikini.
I think it's fine, just as long as those dreams don't end up getting in the way of a new relationship. Quite sad.

Alexa, you know what to do.
Dreams aren't necessarily something you have much conscious control over and don't necessarily indicate some repressed feeling or contain some hidden meaning, so they're probably not something to be worried about. What's more important is the feelings they trigger for you in your waking life. It's perfectly normal to feel after you've dreamed of someone who died a sense of loss, since there's no way you can relive those good times. The other thing is that when you dream or remember something, your brain is pretty much processing that stuff as if it's actually happening. That means it can be very vivid and feel almost real, which makes the reality of her being dead more painful, since it feels even more recent and concrete.

Maybe use these dreams as an opportunity to accept her death and remember what made her special to you. Honor her memory by not becoming attached to it and just try to live your life.
nope. its fine to renember the good times

be glad that you actually got a gf. many ppl are in their late 20s and never had anyone at all
I have dreams about a high school sweetheart sometimes.   A specific someone who I don't think about in my every day life, is not on my mind in my waking life, I have not talked to in years even decades.  But sometimes I dream about him and they are always sexual.  

Strange thing is, is that I'm not even attracted to the memory of him anymore.  
I'm absolutely sure I don't miss that guy.  
It is not uncommon to want to relive/spend time with the memory of someone you cared alot about. As long as you don't let it become a stumbling block between you and a happy relationship someday in the future, I don't see it as a big issue myself. It's important to keep in mind that even the best memories and dreams are not capable of taking the place of a real relationship.