Details

August 10
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

I'm worried about someone

:iconjamaicangingerbread:
JamaicanGingerBread Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Last month my ex broke up with me because she couldn't handle a relationship and that she didn't want to lead me on. I didn't react so well because it was over text and I was on vacation, but I apologized and we called and we were fine. We didn't talk for three weeks, and she said that when she did finally talk to me she said she wanted to be my friend and I accepted because I was over the breakup and I still cared for her. Recently we've been talking and I learned that she's been smoking and drinking again, and she told me she struggled with addiction when we were in a relationship. She also keeps saying that she doesn't care about anything and nothing hurts her anymore, even though it's a obvious lie. I want to encourage her to stop drinking and smoking, but she says she only does it socially and she isn't depressed drinking anymore. I think that this is NOT a good thing, but I'm not sure how to approach the situation. I'm not even sure she wants help. Advice?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconsuicidall0ve:
suicidall0ve Featured By Owner 6 days ago  New Deviant Hobbyist
she probably misses you and dont want to admit it
JamaicanGingerBread Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I doubt it but thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. ❤️
:iconaauditor:
aauditor Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018  Student Digital Artist
Hey there. I'm really sorry about your situation, and hers as well. My honest suggestion is approaching her concerned, and raise the situation to her in a gentle way. Ask her how she's doing, and tell her that you need to speak to her about something. Let her know that you are worried about her health and well being. Tell her the dangers of smoking and drinking (even socially), and that her health and life are so important to you.

I know it is frightening, and you feel that you will get the worst, but no matter what, the most important things was that you were honest, concerned, and calm.

It's going to be okay..
JamaicanGingerBread Featured By Owner Aug 10, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you for responding, I appreciate the advice. I hope things get better for her and that I'll start feeling better too. I'll try texting her later today or tomorrow so I don't seem super pushy about it. I'm just worried about the path she's taking rn and I want her to be safe
Add a Comment: