Closed to new replies
March 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

How to prepare for a big test

:iconmerlar:
Merlar Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone, I got a big test next month and it decides my future.
It is a test to be accepted at my dream college. If I fail then I can't take the test a second time. 
There are two parts, first there's an intelligence test and then I got an interview. 
I already studied a lot for the first part, but do got more tips on how to prepare?
And what do during the interview?

Thank you!! 

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmichelfe:
michelfe Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
NineFireStar has really good advice! But also, while I respect your desire to get into this course, it doesn't really decide your future. There are so so so so many ways to get to the same destination, and while you should absolutely try your best don't be devastated if you fail because there are so many options open to you and maybe it's a sign that that course just wasn't the right one for you. BUT GOOD LUCK ANYWAY!!!
Merlar Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018
Yes you are right! If I fail, then maybe it was even better and there's something more right for me. 
I shouldn't think much about wheter I will make it or not :) 
Thank you! 
:iconninefirestar:
NineFireStar Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2018   General Artist

I agree to some extent, many positions you can reach through a multitude of ways, but those that are most rare are not as easy. Also, don't underestimate the value of the time lost on trying again, it could cost years, so better to really go for what you want at once with the full dedication that you have for whatever it is.
:iconmichelfe:
michelfe Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A great attitude to have, with the dedication you're showing you've clearly put yourself in the best possible position to do the best you possibly can!
NineFireStar Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2018   General Artist
1. Make sure that you remember whatever you're studying, that means repetition as well as good sleep
2. Make sure to come to the test well-rested, nourished and with clarity of mind, that means continous exercise and not over-exerting yourself right the days before
3. Studies have shown that you are more likely to remember things in the same setting that a memory was created, so if it's at all possible, try to study in the same room that you're taking the test
4. Don't waste time on fear/worry, this is a matter of preparation. If you do your best, you'll be less apprehensive and also be able to say that you did.
5. Study with others, they'll fill in the gaps you have, also you'll see different perspectives on the same thing and learn by explaining things to others.
Merlar Featured By Owner Mar 17, 2018
Awesome tips, thank you, that will help me!
I especially like the 4th one
NineFireStar Featured By Owner Mar 17, 2018   General Artist
No problem, hope it goes well. :) Nice piano-playing btw, I guess that would be a good way to unwind as well.
Merlar Featured By Owner Mar 19, 2018
Thank you for listening :happybounce: 
And you are right, I think I will play more in my study breaks ^^
:iconmdsd95:
mdsd95 Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
For the interview, speak about your passion in the domain which you love. Be calm and chow your motivate and ready to work more and better.

For the first part, to be prepare, ther's no secret... you have to study in the domain.

I hope I helped you ^^.
Merlar Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018
Thank you for your answer! 
I like your tips :graduate: 
:iconmdsd95:
mdsd95 Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
You're welcome my friend ^^ !
Add a Comment: