What's better, a tummy tuck scar or the extra skin?

Okay so to explain for context I was overweight at the age of 7 (100 pounds), then I stayed overweight and became morbidly obese and by 15 I weighed 210 pounds. I was at about 50 percent body fat. I lost 70 pounds in a little over a year but I know that's a lot for a kid.

I'm trying to figure out if what I have left over is fat or excess skin. When I get on my hands and knees it looks like this (although not as bad):

www.tummytuckformen.com/images…

I've always wanted a flat stomach, but I know tummy tucks are fucking expensive. I'd probably find a way to deal with the scar after, maybe I'd get a tattoo.

Thoughts?
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have yet to see anyone who did it think it wasn't worth it, but I'm with Vineris on this.
You're still young so give it a little time to see if it gets a bit tighter over time then reconsider it in a few years.
(if you're still growing then that's only more reason to wait a little while)
If you're still young then your skin is still elastic and it'll snap back into shape, at least somewhat.  I'd give it some time to see how much that happens (and also to make sure that your good diet & exercise choices become permanent habits).  Then I'd probably get the surgery (if I could afford it & it seemed safe).  I probably wouldn't bother with the tattoo, but then again I don't mind having scars.  You can make up all kinds of weird stories about how you got the scar.