no insurance and in major pain what do i do???

aight heres the thing i dont have any insurance and i use to be on state insurance (which was shit any way ) but last year my wisdom teeth started coming in and im at the point of taking a exacto knife and cutting them out myself (i know not a good idea )
some told me to go to the hospital and theyll do it if its bad enough
i dont havea job and could never afford the hospital bill :/ am i just fucked and gonna have to deal with this pain or does any one know of some emergency dental thing they offer in the state of washington??? please help me .
i cant even really eat cause chewing hurts :(
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Check out UW's dental school [link] Their fees are a hell of a lot cheaper than a normal dentist.
Depending how old you are and your living situation, one of the public health dental clinics near Seattle may be able to help [link]
You can always go to a dental school. They may even do it for free so their students can get experience. Worth a shot.
Your best bet is to go to the emergency room. I think most hospitals have some kind of program in place that can discount your bill if you aren't working or make beneath a certain number or, if you meet the requirements, can write the bill off altogether. Never try to do any kind of self-surgery on your mouth. Infections in the mouth can turn dangerous very quickly.
ill call the hospital tomorrow and see if they can or f they have a program like that thank u :)
They don't bill you right away. Once your hospital trip is concluded, they'll probably send you your bill within a few weeks and then you can see about applying for whatever assistance programs they may have.
im deffinatle gonna check it out :)
Do you live in the states?
i live in seattle washington
Was going to say, you can go to an emergency room where they'll have to treat you wheather you can afford it or not. They cannot deny you help of any kind.

There is also in some places free/cheap dental places you can try searching for, I had to go to one once, it only cost me $20 for my exam and a filling.