whats a good airline for domestic flight - please answer lol

which airline is a good, safe airline for domestic flight?
preferably something cheap but safe and good. i am looking toward AA but its expensive isnt it
Comments21
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Southwest is always my airline of choice. Free bag check and a cheap price. No reserved seats, but I guess it depends on whether or not you like that. They don't post their prices on travel sites though.
priceline, expedia, i think those are good places to start
depending on where you want to fly, the cheapest you can get (US) is ~100 dollars, that's how much it is for me to fly to NY from DC
i found an airline, yay!
im literally leaving behind a famous college so i can go to a small college. i am guilty as f*ck but i have a feeling i wont regret this lol
what college?
If you want to get really cheap flights I'd check out Priceline. Not only is Willam Shatner their spokesperson, but they can get you really good deals.

I booked a flight to Australia for around $1500. That's exceptionally cheap.

Look at what's cheap and look up their flight records. That should give you a good idea of what you might want. :)
I'm assuming U.S. domestic flights.

There aren't any airlines (and by airline, I mean commercial flights, not the one-plane business from the local airstrip) that I would consider "unsafe". All have safety in mind, and harming passengers is one of the last things that would ever want to do. A recent crash has nothing to do with the airline itself and will have no effect on your flight (for every plane that crashes, thousands run without issue). I've had a great deal of experience with the airline industry, and no safety concerns.

You want to look at 3 things: price, luggage restrictions, and customer service reviews. Commuter flights tend to be less expensive, but you give up the comfort you might have, as well as flight availability. Not every airline goes to every city. Jet Blue (Delta), Air Tran, and American Express (American Airlines) are good ones to look at. One the bigger site, I usually travel American Airlines (personal favorite), Delta, or United Airlines. Again, it depends on destination and location. Southwest seems to be a favorite because of their luggage perk, but if you're traveling with over-sized bags...good luck finding a deal anywhere.

The best website I've found for flights is Kayak www.kayak.com , though it's generally easier to use the specific website of the airline for flights because the 3rd party websites don't display all flights, as much as they deny the fact. "Cheap" tickets are purchased months in advance; keep that in mind.
thanks thats alot of info and makes my job easier. i found an airline.

for my bags, i am just gonna store them with the big luggages. wont carry anything on plane. there's usually no limit for the luggages being stored in the base, right? i am just taking two normal size luggages. i should be researching this but i am really bad at it atm lol
It depends on the airline. Some charge per bag, some offer a free bag and then charge for a second. You do need to be careful not to go over the size limit or weight limit (usually 50lbs.), because the bag then qualifies for over-sized and the pricing that comes with it.
Most of the more comfortable flights I've been on were with Southwestern. I'm not sure how their safety and prices are, but you should be able to look that up. If I remember correctly, they let you take on more luggage without extra charge than most airlines do.

Also, about safety - even though planes seem scarier, they're actually safer than cars because there are less other planes to crash with, and the pilots are all professionals. (Basically, fewer bad drivers.)
yea i know about the last part lol

i am thinking of just going the cheapest route
now i just have to find out how i'll get to the airport with my two hugeass luggages that i prepared in secret... LOL
Any chance you have a friend who's up at odd hours of the night and has a car? Would probably be the easiest way, I'd think. Or else finding an excuse to stay home from something that the rest of the family is attending together.
all my friends are up on odd hours cuz they do weed n shit lol
but they're all at their colleges. i'll have to order a cab. my family found out that i am leaving and they know i have luggages stored at my relative's house but thankfully my mom stayed back in the south to help my sister find a rent so she wasnt able to do anything. if she was, she'd go apeshit and go to my relatives and start fighting and cause so much drama. through the phone, she's DEMANDING that i bring the luggages i stored at my relatives' house back to my house, but i can get around that easily. i live with my brother in the same house, only two of us. not that bad but not good either because he's physically strong

funny how i am honest and try to be as honest as possible in real life but at home i am a fucking liar, and i am really good at lying but its an adaptation to my home environment and i dont feel guilty at all about this.
Well, you do have good reasons to be lying about it.
[link]
Dunno if this works for outside of Europe but it's what I use.
How about you lookup one of those "Where the fuck do you want to fly to and we'll find the cheapest fare for you?" types of websites and see what you find?

There is no such thing as an unsafe airline for domestic flights.
for some reason i am really bad at finding that kind of website for airlines

by safe, something that has decent reputation and didnt crash recently lol
If it helps, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines have both had incidents, but with no casualties.

Try this website: [link]