I want to leave home

I feel dependent, helpless, but in need of help but fuck, no help available unless I leave home. I won't get into more details, but how do I deal with this feeling without cutting myself because cutting doesn't solve a damn thing? My strategy now is just waiting it out but I am getting aggravated beyond my means

If you're curious, just shoot me a note and I'll explain, but what I really want to know is how to deal with this feeling
Comments134
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You seem to want to move out but... then you go all "oh well... they arnt THAT bad" so its like your shying away from the moving out part~.. you seem like a pretty shelterd person~ especially after i read that you never really thought of the teenage rebellon as a real thing? xD oh trust me it is! pretty much everyone has some reblious stage in their life ouo..

Uhmm anyway it really sounds like you need to get out of their asap, seriously you need to stop backing down and crawling into a corner and stop letting them shelter/over protect you, you cant stay at home your whole life and honestly you should move out soon and experience the real world and everything it has to offer, sure some people wont be the nicest but its somthing you have to just learn to deal with and forget about.

Disobey your parents do things behind their backs..what are they going to do? if they hurt you for it call the police on them.

Im pretty sure you said somewhere you have never had a job before... try applying at like mcdonalds or somthing~ (i worked there before) they hire pretty much everyone who applys (if its a bigger mcdonalds anyway) you just need to make up a nice resume and be enthusiatic and put on a fake smile for work ;D and just work there till you can find a better job~ then save up some money and move out go to college or somthing!

or
you could join uhm what was it osap?
idk if they are in the US (if not im sure they have somthing like that there)but they will loan you the money to go to college for and then you just have to pay it a little while after you finish school :) so you could stay on res their (pretty sure they will pay for that too) and college's usually have jobs students can do on campus or near it!

Honestly you have to stop hiding from the real world. there really shouldnt be a decision in the matter move out, go to college and get out of that enviornment <3
I would recommend the second plan i suggested though >u< that way you could get a high paying job right after you graduate from college and move into an apartment and work up from there.
i am just very apologetic of my family.. but i heard that most victims defend their families because that's the only reality i know, so i am trying to step out of my apologetics

idk, i mean, you dont hear about busy kids in africa being "rebellious" because they're too busy feeding their family lol

a few hours ago they physically restrained me and i am red from the hitting and also bleeding right now as a result so.. yea that's it.. i decided to leave even though i may get free college if i stay with them

thnx, i will try my best :)
jesus, free college isnt worth a million bruises, and im glad you decided to leave and start your own life... :) although, your going to need all those important documents your family has ahold of(health card,passport, birth certificate, etc)

Anyway i suggest you do a lot of research on how to apply for college and figure out which ones you want to go to and good luck!

i can understand what you mean by the "most victims defend their families because thats the only reality they know" but your right to step out of that and move away from them. and yeah what i ment when i said most teen's rebel was in countries where they arent the family member being depended on, so pretty much in the more rich countries >u>.

Pretty much stand up for yourself get those important cards you need, open a freakin bank account and go enjoy life! :D
i am already on my way of opening a secret bank account. i appointed a friend to help me
good im glad to hear that you are taking your life into your own hands :).
now how the fuck do i get a job lol
well easiet way i guess you could try looking online and see whats hiring in your town~ or print off a bunch of resumes and drop them off at every place around town :P !
View all replies
Check job listings in your local craisglist.org always make sure to double check the addresses and phone numbers of the businesses that advertise there to make sure you are responding to a real job and not a scam. :)

Another idea is to walk around a mall or business district and go door to door and ask if they are hiring.
View all replies
you just need the truth. you live in a country that dosnt get bombed on. you need to accept the fact you are just seeking attention. there is always a solution to a problem. you dont need advice you need to set yourself a goal and don't stop until you achieve that goal. this is the only way. it is your actions and choices that will help.
the hell? i am deciding between two goals and getting people's insight. where have you've been?
Ok, I just fully read your responses and all (ot most of them anyway). Your family sounds a lot like mine. Over-protecting, paranoid, very negative. I wasn't even allowed outside until I turned 19.

My advice for you, is to just break free. Someday you're going to snap or have a kind of break through. They won't let you get a job? Do it anyway. If the kick you out, then good, you'll be away from them. If not, then fuck them and get more hours. Better yourself and do what you think you need to do. Sitting there, rotting, and being bullied by them won't help. It only hurts your ego and makes you shrink.

It's a terrible feeling, being trapped but at the same time being dependent on them. You have to find balance, you have to find distance. Even if they come charging at you, you need to push them away. You need to break some of their "rules" until you can fully get out. Hold onto your sanity. I know it's hard, but it'll be better in the long-run. Don't hurt yourself or off yourself. Be strong and find your way in life.

I'm guessing you never had that typical teenage rebel phase. I didn't either, so start it now. If you have the urge to do something, then do it (within reason of course, don't go shooting up or something).
"teenage rebel phase" seems to be purely a western middle class concept, i never really knew it existed until people started throwing that label at me when i ran away from home at the age of 15 (because i lost my mind when my blogs were found and i got "outed", had no idea how to face my family out of embarressment and asked the cops to find me a place to stay at because i had no friends who i could go to)

the confusing thing is, i think my family could be considered very loving. but idk, maybe my perspective is skewed and most abusers tend to be charming on the outside anyway
Oh, where do you live? Japan or you just put that there for the lulz?

Still, I go with my answer. They may seem loving but they aren't. It's only hurting you having them treat you the way they do.
for the lulz

i live in US.
Oh :B Weird you've never heard of it then.
heard of what, the teen rebellious thing? i did hear of it but it felt like something that "those media-drama-type loving americans" would like and i never thought i would see people in RL accuse me of it

it's like, how ladies get sexualized at one point at their life when they grow older and they don't like the objectification. it's kind of objectifying to be seen in a strange way
get a job and move out
thinking about it, i just hope i have a legit reason
If you're over 18, then you can move out with no reason at all. It's just steps to take in becoming an adult, that's all.
i can move out, but i dont want to be stupid about it
i get taken care of, free food and shelter, etc. here
Yeah, ignore this response. I hadn't read anything when I typed that. I understand your situation better now. I'm in a similar boat as you. It's really tough, man. I think your exact thoughts.
Seriously, you're parents are crazy, specially your mother.
Sounds like their religious nut-jobs. Get the fuck away from them as soon as you can.
When we're born into a family, it's easy for us to think of them as the correct models, or think that 'they're not really that bad, they've done good things for me'. But if you're feeling like this, and your mother actually acts the way you describe she does, then just get the fuck out.
You said you were gay? Go to a gay center or something.
Find help, talk to someone, crash at a friends place, find a job, move out. You're lucky to be in a country where you can do that. If you stick around, your family will just suffocate you more and more, and then what? You're going to be an adult living with his psycho mother.
Don't be afraid of the world, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and run away.
If you'd like to note me and explain your story, i'd be happy to hear it.
they're crazy, ok, but is that a good reason to move out? the genuine concern i have about staying is that my unresponsiveness to the situation will determine how i respond to other situations in my life, and that by staying, i am letting them influence my personality more negatively for longer. my relatives told me that it was strange for me to not have any friends i can rely on, and criticized my almost inactive lifestyle (i never go out for movies, i never hang out, i am not motivated to do at least some "teenage" things like take risks with my friends, etc)

ok i'll note you
If they're crazy it's not okay! And exactly because of the reasons you mentioned.
*Of course* they're going to mold you into an insecure and anti-social adult.
To learn things about life, you have to experience! You have to make mistakes and to try. You have to go out, drink, have fun, swim naked in a pool, talk back to a teacher, whatever, just do something crazy in a while. It's part of growning up.
My girlfriend has a family just like yours and only when she met me 3 years ago did she start living for real, and now she regrets not having a decent childhood and teenage years.
Don't make your adult-self regret who you are today. And don't let them make you become something you won't be proud of later.