Closed to new replies
July 27, 2004
Link

Statistics

Replies: 87

Pittsburgh!

:iconnatasha-marie:
natasha-marie Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
I have talked to a few of the area deviants, and we all agreed it is high time that we had another devmeet, as it's been almost a year!

Who can forget the live tutorials by *solios ... sitting around and BSing for like 8 hours at the Beehive .... the Tiki Lounge (hemp, you owe me a drink ;) lol) ... uhm and other fun stuff I must have forgotten. Anyways, it was rad.

The plan this year is to have a picnic at Frick Park. We can do the traditional picnic thing were everyone brings different food, we BBQ, drink beer, play frisbee, etc etc etc.... :)

Date would be Saturday August 14th or 21st depending on what day more people can make it.

Sooooooooo... lets start gettin this thing together!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

natasha-marie Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004
Around noon seems like a good time. I'm sure I'll be there for 12 hours again like the last one. :lol:
:iconhempingway:
hempingway Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004
this should aid in identification of some of the group...

[link]
:icontehlostprophet:
TehLostProphet Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004   Traditional Artist
i have no idea how the hell im gettin there
i live in itty bitty ingram @_@
I live in itty bitty Crafton! I can swing by and pick you up on the way since it is like... all of a mile. :)
TehLostProphet Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004   Traditional Artist
woah u live in crafton thats jus crazy u live like right next door O_O
hempingway Featured By Owner Jul 28, 2004
upper frick or lower frick?

I was thinking we should maybe meet at upper frick [easier to find] and just walk our asses down to the more picnicky area. [Bonus for the photographers, heh]
:icondecayingpinkbunny:
DecayingPinkBunny Featured By Owner Jul 28, 2004
That sounds like a great idea to me seeing as I'm pretty familiar with where forbes ave. is and then there are quite a few bus stops on forbes if anyone's planning on getting there via patransit ...... I've never met any of you before that I know of IRL so for myself and anyone in my situation...... how will we be able to pick out the deviant bunch from random passers-by?
hempingway Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004
or you could check out some peoples pictures from the last devmeet @ [link]
Do what solios did... hang out next to us and then introduce yourself 2 hours later. hehe

Uhm... I will be the short, chubby, brunette with a beer in my hand. :lmao:
DecayingPinkBunny Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004
When I wrote that last post I was actually visualizing a big black stamp saying 'deviant' across everyone's foreheads..... but I could just wear a sign around my neck that says 'Will deviate for Iron City' I figure that would be pretty noticeable and obviously both deviant and 'burgh at the same time......
:iconionyka:
ionyka Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004  Hobbyist Photographer
yeah or do what i did, sit at the table across from them by myself for 15 min then finally go ask if thats who they were and risk being looked at funny :P

Maybe we will have a small sign or something. I can make one, I think I have some cardboard I can use..

Anyway, tash, what time do you think we should all try and get there, when did we meet last time? around 11-12pm ish? People can always float on in whenever they are free, we were there last time for a good many hours.
ionyka Featured By Owner Jul 28, 2004  Hobbyist Photographer
Here is a map and directions.

[link]

let me know if these are ok directions.
DecayingPinkBunny Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
I've been a member for quite a few months and haven't really posted regularly in the forums, but I saw this topic and it sounds like fun. I'm from McKeesport just southeast of Pittsburgh and am in the city all the time. If it's going to be a picnic thing, how will we go about it? Should everyone bring something or just enough for themselves?
DecayingPinkBunny Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
Nevermind..... I just scrolled up read a little more and realized it's an 'everyone brings something' sort of thing...... being that, how shoul we decide who'sbringing what just so we know that all of us won't be showing up with potato salad and paper plates?
hempingway Featured By Owner Jul 28, 2004
I figure once we get the date and time and whatnot settled we can just all say what we could bring and work it out from there...
:iconpsylum:
psylum Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
i'm def there, i just need to be reminded where frick park is, or given a ride (tasha, my i don't have a ride buddy!! :PP)

lemme know what the deal is with bringing stuff, i think i'm cool to make it the 21st since i don't move back to campus till the 22nd (pretty sure)..

see everybody there! ;]
oh like you have to ask...

I was considering saying I have room for 5 since I knew you'd be all over shottie. :lol:
:iconpsylum:
psylum Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
hmm, bring food, this will be...interesting, can i bring a hackey sack instead? :p i'm definitely in (i think i'm not moving into dorms till the 22nd anyways), so lemme know the date/time, and, sadly, probably who can hook me up with a ride (tasha!! :P)

see ya there ;]
ionyka Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004  Hobbyist Photographer
your very welcome :) I also have a car incase people need rides. ill need notice though.

tash, maybe we should put up some general directions and stuff, I can browse around the web tomorrow to find some since im way bored at work.

oh, i can bring cookies/dessert stuff :)
:iconstinoga:
Stinoga Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004   Interface Designer
Hi all, I'm new to DevArt but i live on the Northside, right by the Pirates Stadium. I don' t know where Frick Park is, and don't have a vehicle, but i will try and find a way.

ionyka, thanks for the invite:w00t:

peace all,
:meditate:Stinoga:meditate:
P.S. If you live within reason of the city and need a ride, I have a pimpin minivan that seats another 6 people. Sorry, Splat. I'm not pickin you up. hehe

Everyone from last year knows I roll in ONLY THE FINEST OF AUTOMOBILES. (door handle broken, no a/c, etc etc. :lol:)
:iconsplat:
splat Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2004  Professional Interface Designer
:pointr: Sorry, Splat. I'm not pickin you up.

Awwww... c'mon! I'm only 4 hours away! You could chill in my hood for a while, then drive me home after it was all over.

:pointr: Everyone from last year knows I roll in ONLY THE FINEST OF AUTOMOBILES. (door handle broken, no a/c, etc etc. :lol:)

Hey, my pimpin' ride might have yours beat. All four of my door handles work fine, but I have broken A/C, no power windows, and an engine that likes to hiccup when you turn it off. But I'd probably be able to fit most cars in my trunk. =)
Lets just say the 21st then. That will give everyone almost a month.

Frick park is ... uhm... out near Squirrel Hill, Swissvale, etc, I think.

I already know what I'm bringing... a case of beer. :giggle:
I may even cook something. :p
:iconoutsidespace:
outsidespace Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
Pittsburgh=me! Im thar! most likely going with kuztheratt
:iconradicaldreamerdenise:
im gonna try to b there, if i can.. but i dunno.. dad's mean
:iconmygrane:
mygrane Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004  Hobbyist Photographer
oooooo
:iconkuztheratt:
KuzTheRatt Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004  Professional Interface Designer
You know im going ^_^
TehLostProphet Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004   Traditional Artist
ill be there jus pick a day ill be around
i jus dunno where frick park is O_O
:icontooearlytomourn:
tooearlytomourn Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004  Hobbyist General Artist
Im in!
Im so totally friggin in.
ill talk to the heads in know in RL that are on dev art as well, see what i can do there.
:icondevmeet:
devmeet Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
If you need extra promotion i can put the final details in next months devMEET Mag that will be published at the begining of august.
We can then review it in the september issue too :D
awesome :) We will get you the info once we finalize times and meeting places.
:icondevmeet:
devmeet Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
:D
i sent notes to a bunch of people in my nearby deviants list thingy. hopefully we get a big group this time. should be fun. once we pick a date we should figure out who is gonna bring what for the picnic, early enough for people to get to the store.
:iconaardvarkgod:
aardvarkgod Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't forget the Star Wars bed sheets we found on Carson street that solios took home with him :) Either one of those dates should work fine for me.
:iconsplat:
splat Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004  Professional Interface Designer
I missed out on the last Burgh meet due to car issues, and I'm still kicking myself for that one. So, if you guys pull this together and I have even a chance to make it down that way, I'd love to meet everyone.

I definitely can't make the 14th of August. I'll be on vacation from the 13th until the 18th. The 21st is a real possibility though.

Of course, I'm up here in Rochester NY, so don't plan the thing around me. You Burgh residents decide what's best for all of you. =)
:iconarlucasinc:
arlucasinc Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
I think I'm around for either of those. And I have a Bocce set, so... Yeah, you know how it is.
as long as its on a weekend, im available. So, either should be ok with me. Ill start linking people to here about it. picnic sounds like a very cool idea though :)
:icononestar:
onestar Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
Hmm...bloody tempting, this is...
hempingway Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2004
you know I'm down
Add a Comment: