So an Instagram artist walks into a bar...

And immediately leaves, because they realise they don't know anyone there and they don't even like drinking in the first place. 

Hi. My name is Flinkbag. That's definitely what's on my birth certificate in real life. Yes. 100% accurate. 

Anyway, that was quite possibly the strangest way of saying "I'm new here", but you get the idea. I just wanted to say hello to everyone on this awesome website, and possibly make some friends/find some more people to follow. 

I want to get more involved with the thriving community on this website. As soon as I posted my first piece (my submission for the Global Jaeger competition), I have received an overwhelming amount of support and kind words from other Deviants. So many people have been only too happy to tell me their advice on how to get followers and grow as an artist. I couldn't be happier I decided to submit a piece of art on this website, and hope to continue to do so for a long time. Has everyone else had the same experience, at least to some degree, as I have? How does everyone else find DA? :)

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this. I hope whoever is reading this is having a wonderful day :D
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey! Just a quick glance at your gallery and your art is awesome! I can see why you've received such a warm welcome to dA as you are obviously very talented Clap 

I've been on dA for years but haven't been that active for a long time, now working on rectifying that!
Oh stahp, I'm blushing now hahaha :P 

Good on you! Always good to take a break, especially with art! I tend to think of art like a stamina bar from Skyrim - if you use up too much of your creativity, it will take you a long time to recover. So its always healthy to take breaks, even if that 'break' is several years hahaha. 

Thank you so much for checking out my page and following me, I cant even tell you how happy that makes me :D
That's a really good analogy, I never thought of creativity being like that, but it sums up exactly what I've felt in the past when I've pushed myself too much CURSE YOU! 
Art block is natural, from what i've come to understand, but don't let it get you down! Take it as a sign that your creativity needs time to replenish. :)