THE BURGH

I know there are many deviants from Pittsburgh... Nobody seems to use the MeetUp site anymore so I figured I would try here and maybe get some more people.

Any suggestions on dates or things to do? I was thinking along the lines of the usual coffee shop or Eat N Park type of stuff... afterwards us old people can maybe even go out for some :beer:. [I really just want to get `onestar drunk :laughing:]
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Just missed it!

Sorry, I just became a deviant. If you do another meeting, let me know. Southside's cool w/ me. I need help from Pittsburgher's with the project I'm doing. Anyone know of any cool city steps? I'm doing a documentary of the city's steps and I'm learning them through word of mouth. The pics I posted yesterday are actually from right near the Beehive on 15th st.
a collage of the group at the devmeet can be found here:

[link]

thanks to all who attended, i had a blast :)
Well it looks like there's a 99% chance I'll be at the meet!

I had totally forgotten about it until ~natasha-marie left me a comment on my user page. Good thing she did. I don't have any plans this weekend, so making the trip down shouldn't be a problem. Plus I have my Harry Potter books on CD to keep me busy during the drive.

Also, notice that I posted a news article about the meet:

Pittsburgh deviantMEET v3.0, This Saturday!

Try to get everyone involved in checking it out and coming out to meet us. The more people, the better!
w00t... thanks splatrick! :heart:
Hey i go to Duq too :) But i commute from Greentree.
I'm at Duquesne U. Anyone can stop by and visit if they want! (Message me and I'll give ya info!)
If I ever open a burger joint, I'ma call it Pitt's Burgers! That'd be sweet :D
I'll be there with bells on, and there's alot more Pittsburghers here than I thought :o
you better wear bells or i will be disappointed!

not to mention the ninjas i will send after you....

:love:
oh shit, now I gotta buy bells...

/me takes the foot outta his mouth...
For a minute there I thought you meant scumsville Newburgh, NY. :-D
sweet, ill be there :)
Hey everyone, I just saw this post, and was even thinking about trying to start a meeting...but hell you all already got one...so that means less work for me! I would to try to make it...(must remember to take off work that day). Sounds like a good time is to had!
10 MORE DAYS!

BEEHIVE AT 2:00 ON THE 20TH

YOU ALL BETTER COME OR I WILL SEND NINJAS TO YOUR HOUSES.

uhm anyways... for those of you that had issues with having to work we will still prolly be hanging out until later on. you can call me at 412 773 1472 on my cell to meet up with us. :)
meh i just thought i would drop by and say ... ello. i haven't been to Pittsburgh in two years. all that traffic and construction scares this outsider. but i wouldn't mind going back for a good enough reason.
Freak, man. I would have loved to do a meet downtown. I was there visiting the fam for about a month, but now I'm back west going to school.

Oh, and there is plenty of parking all over Pittsburgh...you just have to know where the closest side streets are that are the least likely spots for your car to get vandalized or stripped. There are plenty of little nooks and crannies that make awesome parking spots that no one knows about, but they do exist.
Oh, I think I can make it on the 20th. I can even drive Christine, if she needs me to. Or something.
*eyes oggle* Meep? Hi? Not quite in Pittsburgh myself... 20 minutes north.... between butler and pittsburgh... like exactly fair share between the two...
I just got wind of this meeting thing going on...

I think the Beehive in South Side is a good choice other than it's a bit small in there on a Saturday. I assume this would be a meeting in the evening (as I'm hoping due to me working until 6:30 that night :) Let's keep the ideas flowing!
* solios is OMFGDRUNK.

Primantis? Arttery clog central. o_______________________________________ o

Though closer to HQ than the beehive. :P And less prone to GURLS UNDER EIGHTEEN OMFG.

Which, in my case, may or may not be a bonus.

O_O
hrm... the 20th. that MIGHT be good... i'll have to consult with the other half. if i can't get somewhere by bus, is it possible to get a ride from somebody? tash? onestar?

i should start reading stuff more often. stupid school starting.
Yeah, no problem. Maybe we can kidnap Perry in the process. :lol:
the 20th is good for me, and if i had to suggest a place, id probably say maybe a place in the south side, everyone like primantis? thats a big place and you can eat/drink there too. Its also easier for most people to park down there during the day. Any other suggestions?
yeah id certainly be up for a devmeet in the burgh somewhere. just post the time and date and hopefully i can make it.